lost loved ones

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rdk123

it would be nice if there was a chat room with people that have lost someone they love,and they may be looking for answers or just communicate with people that can relate or have been in simular situations or maybe find someone that quotes a verse from the bible that they may not know about that could possibly help them.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Usually they ask for prayer in the prayer requests forum. There are some really encouraging people there who will do their best to comfort the bereaved.

R

rdk123

im sure,but having just people that have lost someone that want to talk to other people that may have been in simular situations would cut down on off topic subjects and probably be more constructive,dont you think?

U

Ugly

To create a new forum line it would have to be a subject that looks like it would get well used. If they create one and it doesn't get used much, then it would be taken down. From what i see, i just don't see enough threads coming up on the subject to warrant an entire forum. Of course, its not my call, but as a 2 year user of this site i'm giving my insight.

G

GRA

it would be nice if there was a chat room with people that have lost someone they love,and they may be looking for answers or just communicate with people that can relate or have been in simular situations or maybe find someone that quotes a verse from the bible that they may not know about that could possibly help them.
im sure,but having just people that have lost someone that want to talk to other people that may have been in simular situations would cut down on off topic subjects and probably be more constructive,dont you think?
To create a new forum line it would have to be a subject that looks like it would get well used. If they create one and it doesn't get used much, then it would be taken down. From what i see, i just don't see enough threads coming up on the subject to warrant an entire forum. Of course, its not my call, but as a 2 year user of this site i'm giving my insight.
Ugly: ^^

rdk123:

In general - no subject matter in any room is "off topic" - because it is 'public'. Any 'private' subject matter is normally "handled" in PM or in an 'empty' room.

If there were "a separate room for every purpose" - there would be 453 rooms...

And, at any particular moment - no people like those being "searched out" may even be present in any of the rooms.

What is important is the people - not the rooms. A bit of searching may have to be done.

However - "the folks are pretty nice around here" - just go into a room and ask...

You may be very pleasantly suprised at how many there are who will take the time to talk with you - or, maybe even - if necessary - just listen...

:)

U

Ugly

Ugly: ^^

rdk123:

In general - no subject matter in any room is "off topic" - because it is 'public'. Any 'private' subject matter is normally "handled" in PM or in an 'empty' room.

If there were "a separate room for every purpose" - there would be 453 rooms...

And, at any particular moment - no people like those being "searched out" may even be present in any of the rooms.

What is important is the people - not the rooms. A bit of searching may have to be done.

However - "the folks are pretty nice around here" - just go into a room and ask...

You may be very pleasantly suprised at how many there are who will take the time to talk with you - or, maybe even - if necessary - just listen...

:)

My answer still applies, whether forums or rooms. So didn't really change anything.

R

rdk123

have you been in the bible study chat lately?so many topics and opinions makes it extremely hard to stay on topic.i understand that prayer is great but for people like myself,to talk to specific people about certain things that they can relate to would be really helpful i think.ive waited a long time to hear things from people that have been or can relate to similar situations i have.i would really like to pass these words on to these people that really need to hear,them like i did.

R

rdk123

i can tell by your posts that you wouldnt be one of these people

R

rdk123

im talking about devastating,life changing events

J

jimmydiggs

The prayer Chat room should be sufficient for that.

B

BrittanyJones

To me the prayer room is great for this! Also, often if you just ask there are quite a few who will come forward. I also say this as someone who has lost someone.

The bible study room is for bible, ummm studies...yeah. Well anyhow, other rooms are better for fellowship - prayer, youtube (for some great healing music!), or youedify!

R

rdk123

suppose to be yea,but cant tell sometimes.ive listened to people talk about their jobs,politics,and their dead bird for hours.it almost feels like their trying detour people from talking about the bible at times.if you say you havent witness this for yourself then you havent visited the bible chat as much as i have.im sure there are alot of people that will agree. peolpe should be kicked out of the chat room,not for talking about the bible,but talking about these things that dont apply

Last edited:
K

keep_on_smiling

As someone who has recently lost someone, I have found the people who frequent prayer forum (they are such a blessing) to be very helpful and though I don't visit the prayer chat room, I do go in the bible study and most people there are willing to talk if you need it.

R

rdk123

i want try and make light of your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you,but people can lose loved ones in very different ways,some that are so devastating that it changes who we are.these are the people that im talking about that are searching for answers or other people that can relate somehow that may offer advice that other people just wouldnt understand. (keep on smiling)