Lost , not giving up !!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lana-Kay
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lana-Kay

Guest
There was a time when my heart was full of love for Our Lord , full of joy and peace. As the years have gone by , I have lost that strong faith. I know it's because I carry hurt and anger . I need prayers, and any advice available to purge my heart of the negative , toxic emotions, and let The Lord back in .
 
Remember Jesus loves you and I will pray for you. I know if you want to help getting over being angry, I try to thank Jesus for being alive and for things He does for me each day I am alive. I find being grateful to Jesus for my life helps me realize I am here for a reason.
 
Great first step Lana-Kay. The great news is God is working in you right now creating a hunger for renewed and closer walk with Him. The healing begins with confession of all known sin along with repentance of all known sin. Lay it all out and tell it all holding nothing back. Confession and repentance must be mixed with the faith that God is hearing your prayer and according to His word granting forgiveness of all sin.
Instrumental in all of this process we must choose to forgive everyone from our hearts (including yourself). If we carry bitterness and unforgiveness we will remain in a prison of depression.
Another important step is to crack that dusty Bible open and start feeding. Only every time you pick it up pray for the Spirit to guide you into His truth.
Shut off the tv for a while or forever depending how strong you are. It's a great source for soul poisoning and brain washing.
May the Lord bless you.
Praying for you
 
Hey, you're welcome here. I'm praying for you. I know how hard it is to break the cycle of those toxic emotions. Journalling helps. Trying to not act on a strong emotion. (that just makes perpetuates it instead of letting it run its course). Putting positive spins on things that make you upset when they come your way, or at least trying to see them from the other direction too. I know I was just in a class that said to come up with three things you're grateful for at the end of every day. It seems kind of cheesy but I've been doing that and honestly it's kind of been good for me. And just prayer. Lots and lots of prayer whenever you're feeling these ways. We can cast our burdens onto him, He loves us. I'm so happy that you aren't giving up. I hope you like it here :)
 
Lana-Kay, I'm so pleased to meet you and welcome you to Christian Chat. We all understand here as many of us have gone through or are going through the same things. I will pray for you. God Bless and I'm happy you are here.
 
Lana-Kay, I'm sorry to hear you feel lost, and as though the Lord is far from you, however the truth is He is not. He is right there with you now, He has never left you, He can't He promised He would never forsake or abandon you, and He cannot and will not ever break His word. I know that sometimes, probably most of the time, that initial feeling of when we first get saved can fade, and for some us, it can lead to questions, and sometimes even other problems can come in, or sometimes find them some old ones seeming reappear like weeds. Worse, we think because of all this, that God isn't pleased with us, or even worse that He might have cast us out, rejected us, but what I want you to know, to remember if you read this and never let this truth go, is all those thoughts that God would reject you, that He is far from you, doesn't accept you or love you are Lies. Plain and simple, feelings and emotions are useful, but in our broken world they always go up and down and they can play you false, deceive you, and other things can also use this opportunity to bring accusing thoughts to our minds that we are worthless, that God doesn't want us, is angry with us, doesn't love us, but all such things are untrue, illusions from the one who is the Accuser, Ha'Satan, the father of lies.

The truth is God has never abandoned you, He can no more abandon His covenant with you through His Son, sealed in His Son's own blood, then stop being God. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died for you, for Lana-Kay, personally, and He was raised for you, personally, He defeated all the forces of sin, evil, darknesses and death, everything that threatens to hold you down, or de-humanize you or has hurt you, He overcame in the cross. We He shouted, 'It is Finished!' in triumph it was, it was and is done, nailed to that cross, defeated and destroyed, and He raised you with Him to the new resurrection Life when He burst out that tomb. You are a new creation in Him, whether you feel it or not, He has destroyed sin, evil, death and the enemy's claim, only He has a claim on you, and He not letting go ;) , through Him you are always accepted with the Father, and He always there with you, ready to bare you burdens with you, comfort you, strengthen you by His Spirit and will bring you through. Jesus is Lord, and none and nothing else, and He has declared and set you free, and you are free, nothing can touch you or snatch you from His Hands, always interceding for you, and He will finish the good work He began in you.

So just turn to Him, He is right there with you in this, whether you feel Him or not, He has promised that He never leave you, and that He will always be faithful to you, and He will always accept you and forgive you in Jesus Christ, He is eternally faithful to you, and to Him you have infinite value, you are his precious daughter. And allow Him to bear these burdens, and once confessed know you are forgiven, and never accept thoughts that come to your mind that your are not, or that that anger or hate can either keep you distant from Him or have power over you, rather ignore those accusing lies, because that is what they are, just deceiving noise trying to detract you, and make you focus on them and Jesus, and instead give all to Him, and make the choice every moment if necessary, minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day to choose to believe Him and What He says, to believe the one Who is the Truth, and not the accusing lies that raise themselves against the knowledge of God. And never fear having any front on before your heavenly Father, He loves you, and is ready to embrace you in His arms as soon as you turn to Him again, just like the Father to the Prodigal Son, don't let the deceiving thoughts keep you from joining in the feast He has all laid out for you :D .

And finally know that ever time you do this, every time you make the choice to trust Him and His eternal faithfulness to you, that you are completely forgiven, loved, accepted, redeemed and His own dear daughter, that He is always with you, and will never abandon you and is there to bear your burdens with you, when to believe Him and not any lies of thought, feeling or accusation that goes against this, He is there cheering you own, pointing you out the hosts of heaven, declaring you a champion in His eyes. Never doubt just how proud your heavenly Father is of you :D .

I hope these posts in response help you, and I hope you find this place to be one of loving and supportive fellowship, which God uses to bring you into relationship with mature, loving and wise Christians who can be a source of support and council and I pray that He has or does plant you into a church community where you live that is charactered by love and strong and honest fellowship, with whom you could open up to, and let them come alongside you in this, pray with you, and just be there in love and fellowship through it.

God bless and Welcome :D
 
Hi, Lana-Kay! Welcome to cc!

I agree with those who have said to be thankful. Thanking God for every good thing I can come up with always lifts my spirits. Try to make it a habit that's part of an overall thankful attitude.

You can keep giving your hurt and anger to Him, whenever they come up, and try to let go of them any way you can. If you find yourself dwelling on a past hurt, make a conscious decision to stop and think about something else. This might not be fully possible every time, but just do the best you can. :)

Also, Psalm 51 might help. The whole chapter, really, but especially this part here:
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

[SUP]11 [/SUP]Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

I'm glad you found us, and I hope you stick around for more encouragement and prayers.
 
Dear Lena,

The first step in my opinion is to find out why you are angry, find out the problems that made you pull away from faith and stopped having your first love in Christ.

Why are you feeling hurt? once we have the full story and deal with it, then you can find peace in Christ. At times it is because we have anger bottled inside that makes us to doubt the love of God.
 
Our Gracious Lord, Abba Father - you hear the cry of your daughter and you see the condition of her heart. Enfold her with your love and grace, shower her with your heavenly riches as you have promised to do, and light a furnace in her spirit that will burn for you my God.

Amen