Lost sheep (essay)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosyshine

Senior Member
Feb 26, 2017
122
15
18
“Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.” So He spoke this parable to them, saying: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.”
**Luke‬ *15:1-7‬ *NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/luk.15.1-7.nkjv

I can only try and imagine how God's heart aches for His lost sheep. And I've been there, wandering away, dabbling in bad things that only bring fleeting comfort. All the while, He stands there with open arms that invite me to return. How He loves His children, how He loves the people He made in His image. How lavish is the love of the Father who gave us His only Son. Can't you imagine His arms open wide?
Oh, the love of Christ -- I feel like I just have a toe dipped in an ocean, and I long for my heart to be filled with His love instead of holding any part back.

[video]https://youtu.be/rYQ5yXCc_CA[/video] (I love this song - I'm hoping it displays right when I post. If not, the link should work!)