Love Advice with Dr. Des

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
We all get rejected. It is a part of life. Looking back I am glad I was rejected by some because I see them today and I escaped an awful life. Trust God that if someone rejects you he is saving you from the wrong person.
we all do ?
I thought only certain people got rejected.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Then I must be dead. I never get rejected. :cool:

No, I'm not claiming every girl says yes. I just never ask them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh heavens no. When you're kicked out of a lying [redacted] of a school, you had best apply to another before the blot on your record is noticed.
HEY! Using [redacted] is MY [deleted] shtick! Get your own [censored] running joke, you [expurgated] little [BLEEP]!

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I do just want to say that if the most self destructive thing you do as the result of a breakup is shave your beard, then you're healthier and have more self control than most. Which are two really basic things you kinda have to have to be a good match for anyone.

Since I don't have a beard to shave I guess it's a good thing I don't have to worry about facing the pain of rejection anytime soon.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Haha. Thank you, Cinder. You're very kind.

I'm afraid I'm not the kindest person when I'm in this state, however. A Karen tried to preach to me about masks the other day. Instead of kindly accepting her points, I just let her have it. Said things even I disagreed with because I knew it would get in her craw.

The cashier thought it was amusing. :LOL:

I do just want to say that if the most self destructive thing you do as the result of a breakup is shave your beard, then you're healthier and have more self control than most. Which are two really basic things you kinda have to have to be a good match for anyone.

Since I don't have a beard to shave I guess it's a good thing I don't have to worry about facing the pain of rejection anytime soon.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Thank you, Kireina. I didn't mean for this to turn into Des' Heart Clinic, but you all are very sweet people. I appreciate it.

And yes, it's her loss.

You got rejected?
I wish i can give you a hug tap your back and tell you "I got rejected too" 😅 It is her loss. 😊

Just like what @ruby said things will fall together if you and her are meant to be...it didn't work out so you two were not meant to be... I know it is easier said than done...rejection is tough I got rejected not only once after years of dating lol so I know how it feels... don't beat yourself up too much...tomorrow... pick yourself back up again and carry on 💪🏻🤗

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Well when you've been through what I've been through (and I'm sure a lot of folks on here have), you get that nagging feeling the game is just rigged against you. That there are people you would be quite happy with and they with you, but some snake in the garden manages to ruin everything.

In short, I don't believe in this "wrong person" "all things work out in the end" kind of stuff. It doesn't. Some of us die alone. If I do, I will not die alone happily. That is a central pillar of my character and it won't change.

We all get rejected. It is a part of life. Looking back I am glad I was rejected by some because I see them today and I escaped an awful life. Trust God that if someone rejects you he is saving you from the wrong person.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Yup, I knew it! She smelled all that cheese in his beard!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In short, I don't believe in this "wrong person" "all things work out in the end" kind of stuff. It doesn't. Some of us die alone. If I do, I will not die alone happily. That is a central pillar of my character and it won't change.
I dunno... you said some people die alone, then you made "not dying alone" (which is something you might not be able to control) a conditional of your happiness.

I mean that's your choice, of course. But it seems to me like you're setting yourself up to convince yourself you're miserable.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'll do my utmost to be successful and maybe die in one of my happier flashes. Some nursing home romance perhaps.

But it seems to me like you're setting yourself up to convince yourself you're miserable.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm also a poet. I'm very productive when I'm miserable or coming off the heels of my misery.

The verses write themselves.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I'm also a poet. I'm very productive when I'm miserable or coming off the heels of my misery.

The verses write themselves.
You are quite an adept poet :) Funny, too! :D Hilarious, even ;)

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Thank you! That compliment goes a long way.

See! Maybe I'm supposed to die in despair and produce the mid-late 21st century's finest verses.

You are quite an adept poet :) Funny, too! :D Hilarious, even ;)