I
Islandgirlsiesie
Guest
Love…Only the strong can endure it. Such a powerful feeling can make your whole world flourish. If your heart is weak, love can tear you apart. You must understand. To understand love you must first understand yourself. What do you want? What makes you happy? Do you know who you really are…?
Its 10 pm as I’m lying here under my sheets, the backs of my arms are frozen from the cool breeze drifting through my open window. All I can think of is how much I wish you were here to wrap your arms around me and press the warmth of your palms into their cold surface. The instant flood of calm and the flush of heat seeping into my skin is no longer a feeling that comes along without you. It was an hour ago that I laid still in this bed, pulled with the feeling that you were lying there in your bed, thinking of me the way I’d been thinking of you. Something felt right in that split second and I felt certain that you were in the same moment as me. So I checked the phone I had tossed onto the floor and saw you. Your name lit up like a neon sign on the side of a dark dirt road.
“Hey beautiful.”
I could say something coy, something cute or condescending, but I say that I miss you, and that something must have felt right. Something tells me that you understand, the words I mean for you to know, I love you. That, I am certain of. While all else today, tomorrow and yesterday I am unsure of, loving you is the most peculiar, perplexing reality.
Love is a thousand things: beautiful, bizarre, puzzling, complex, simple, intricate, strong, consumptuous, elegant, unique…but without a doubt, for me, it’s you. Just you…
Its 10 pm as I’m lying here under my sheets, the backs of my arms are frozen from the cool breeze drifting through my open window. All I can think of is how much I wish you were here to wrap your arms around me and press the warmth of your palms into their cold surface. The instant flood of calm and the flush of heat seeping into my skin is no longer a feeling that comes along without you. It was an hour ago that I laid still in this bed, pulled with the feeling that you were lying there in your bed, thinking of me the way I’d been thinking of you. Something felt right in that split second and I felt certain that you were in the same moment as me. So I checked the phone I had tossed onto the floor and saw you. Your name lit up like a neon sign on the side of a dark dirt road.
“Hey beautiful.”
I could say something coy, something cute or condescending, but I say that I miss you, and that something must have felt right. Something tells me that you understand, the words I mean for you to know, I love you. That, I am certain of. While all else today, tomorrow and yesterday I am unsure of, loving you is the most peculiar, perplexing reality.
Love is a thousand things: beautiful, bizarre, puzzling, complex, simple, intricate, strong, consumptuous, elegant, unique…but without a doubt, for me, it’s you. Just you…