Love, Love, Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
When I was growing up, my church taught me: Love, love, love.

I still believe: Love, love, love.

Love is the purpose of all things. Out of love, the Lord disciplines us. It is all about love.

D

Di

I grew up in a liberal Protestant church that never taught me the gospel, that is, how to be saved but they talked about Love, love, love incessantly. In your opinion, did they really love me?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I grew up in a liberal Protestant church that never taught me the gospel, that is, how to be saved but they talked about Love, love, love incessantly. In your opinion, did they really love me?
You are here, so you must know God loves you. All the true members of the Body of Jesus love you, so yes, you are loved. Now, I grew up pretty much the same way, and I see we are the same age. I wonder if our time here has anything to do with this experience, or is it simply God's personal manner of teaching each of us. Everything works for the good for those who love God, amen.

Dec 19, 2009
I wasn’t there so I wouldn’t know. Jesus saves, if we humble ourselves to him, but we need to learn to love if we want love in return.

Dec 14, 2009
The whole issue is that we should not require, need or want the love in return. True love always asks 'How can I help my partner?' 'How can I help my friend?'

If anything you do is only beneficial to yourself, it is done for love of yourself. Loving oneself opens you up to self importance. And self importance teaches us to expect. When you expect, your expectations are broken, and when they are broken, we become self righteous and angry. Therefore, do not require love. Require to give it.

Dec 19, 2009
The whole issue is that we should not require, need or want the love in return. True love always asks 'How can I help my partner?' 'How can I help my friend?'

If anything you do is only beneficial to yourself, it is done for love of yourself. Loving oneself opens you up to self importance. And self importance teaches us to expect. When you expect, your expectations are broken, and when they are broken, we become self righteous and angry. Therefore, do not require love. Require to give it.
We do need to learn to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. These are the two great commandments.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is written, succinctly so, God is Love. The Love that is God is truly unconditional, and when we have that gift, we become more as He. The eternal gifts are faith, hope and love, and of the three the most important is love. Without love, faith and hope are of no value. When one has the gift of love, it is not limited to an individual, it is directed to all, unconditionally. May YHWH receive all the glory now and forever, amen.

Dec 14, 2009
With all due respect, I have yet to find the emptiness within myself fulfilled solely by believing that God is love and all we need to fill ourselves is that knowledge.

Love comes through the practice of giving it. Because true love wants nothing in return. This is the problem. Lots of people believe that simply by saying 'I profess, God, you are love', that we automatically feel fuller. We need to realise that to feel contentment means giving. Not receiving.

Dec 14, 2009
We all require God's love because without it we will surely all die. But in order to see it in action, we need to let ourselves also love others unconditionally.

Dec 19, 2009
With all due respect, I have yet to find the emptiness within myself fulfilled solely by believing that God is love and all we need to fill ourselves is that knowledge.

Love comes through the practice of giving it. Because true love wants nothing in return. This is the problem. Lots of people believe that simply by saying 'I profess, God, you are love', that we automatically feel fuller. We need to realise that to feel contentment means giving. Not receiving.
We need to live unselfishly in order to be happy.