Loving Ourselves to Love Others and God

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Leopold1

Banned
Aug 7, 2016
13
0
0
I really appreciate the kind and insightful words I got and the new friends I have met here.

I realize just how fine a line you must walk(the narrow path) to be considered a Christian and how few truly meet the requirements to be a Christian. I have behaved in the past far from these requirements.

Seems simple the two commandments Jesus said were the most important when asked: to Love God with your whole heart, mind and soul and to love your neighbor as you love your self. In the Bible it also states if you don't love your brother or sister you can see then you do not know or love God who you can not see.

First problem I have had is God asks us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. God would want us to love others in a infinite amount. The bar of how much to love is as we love ourselves--here is the issue. We then need to love ourselves an enormous amount and love others equal to that. So if you have hated yourself as I have or shown yourself little love by enduring mistreatment at the hands of others when you could have just walked way; the logic is that you do not love yourself and will not love others properly either. Self love and respect is then of paramount importance and needs to come first.

God loves us with all our shortcomings so we need to do the same. Who are we to question God. This does not mean I feel if I do wrong or the work of the Devil I am ok.
If that is the case I need to change my ways to walk as Jesus did.

We as Christians must love everyone without exception. You can still hate and be angry with the evil actions and words of others or the lack of action and words but still love them. They are just not walking the path of Jesus and are in the holds of the Devil who according to God has control and domain over earth. Often the lack of action is the same as acting out. If you can save the life of a person directly in-front of you but chose to do nothing and they die as a result; it is no different then pulling trigger yourself. We need to walk with integrity and in a scripturally sound way to be a Christian.

Even Lucifer was the most beautiful and intelligent of all God's Angels and he chose to leave the side of God with 1/3 rd of the angels to become Satan and his Demons to rule the earth. We chose also each day to be a child of Satan or a child of God. Satan had us when we were born and we have to chose to walk away from Satan's darkness, misery and lies we live and tell each day. The only other choice we have is to follow the Bible exactly and walk as Jesus did to escape the clutches of the Devil.

The Bible instructions are very clear and if we try to put our own spin on it to justify our actions we are doing exactly what Satan wants.

God Bless