1 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
The feast of unleavened bread is the feast at the beginning of the year, and in this case it signified the beginning of the age of grace. The end of the year is signified by the festival of Trumpets which is September 18th this year. It is somewhat unique this time in that it falls on the Sabbath. To celebrate you are supposed to blow the trumpets but you aren’t allowed to blow the trumpets on the Sabbath unless you are on the temple mount. So Israel has asked for special permission this year to blow the trumpet on the temple mount (when Jerusalem was under the jurisdiction of the British they forbid it, feeling it was a provocative act). At the same time the US, the UAE and Bahrain have all agreed to make peace with Israel, recognizing Jerusalem as their capital. This age of grace began with the Passover, Jesus Christ being sacrificed for our salvation on the cross. As a result of rejecting their Lord Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman General Titus, and no stone was left upon another of the temple. Then Jerusalem was given to the Gentiles while the Jews were scattered. You can see how big and how full of significance this festival of trumpets will be this year as they blow the shofar on the temple mount for the first time with Jerusalem being given back to them and with them being able to rebuild the temple. Also, in order to rebuild the temple you need a red heifer, Jerusalem has just recently certified a genuine red heifer that is eligible for this sacrifice. So then, we come to this chapter with the end of the age drawing nigh.
2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
This is how the age began, the chief priests, scribes and rulers seeking to kill all those who expose their corruption and sins. They did this to the apostles. The blood of the martyrs has been shed throughout this age. This is what the 5th seal in the book of revelation refers to. Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. This is what the protests are about. People all over the world are crying with a loud voice “how long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?” What do you think the BLM protests referring to slavery and lynchings are saying? No one has been judged, how long do they need to wait for their blood to be avenged on those who dwell on the earth?
3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. 4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them. 5 And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money. 6 And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
There are two people used to exemplify the “false prophet”; Balaam and Judas. In both cases they will betray the Lord for money. Do not be deceived, neither was a “phony prophet” that is not what is meant by false. They both genuinely knew the Lord and His word. They were prophets, but they were false in that they were not trustworthy, they would sell out the Lord for money. Right now everyone talks about “fake news”. Fake news is simply a false prophet. They will spin the news any way you want in exchange for money. This age began with the chief priests and scribes choosing a false prophet over those that would speak the truth. They chose to crucify the Lord and martyr the apostles rather than hear the truth. Well at the end of the age you reap what you sow. They are “merchants of doubt” when it comes to cigarettes causing cancer. So how many were killed due to their lies even though they knew their product was a drug hooked you and killed you. The NFL did the same thing, knowing that their product caused terrible brain damage. They lied about it and slandered anyone who tried to tell the truth. The oil companies did the same thing with climate change. So now we have record breaking floods and fires and hurricanes and droughts and locusts and pandemics. This is what you reap when you choose the false prophet over the Lord.
7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. 8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. 9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? 10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. 11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guest chamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? 12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
I had an experience just like this. (First I have to give you a little background. I met with the Local Church which was led by Witness Lee, a coworker of Watchman Nee. His son, Phillip Lee was the President of the Living Stream Ministry which published Witness Lee’s messages. I was a full time worker for Living Stream Ministry helping them build a conference center in Irving, Texas. I worked on the stone crew. Phillip came to inspect the building and twelve of the workers went out with him to eat dinner, this was the first time I met him. We all sat in a big circle while he ate this very expensive lobster dinner. There was no fellowship, it seemed totally pointless to me that we had even been dragged out there. But then I realized he needed us so he could expense his dinner. His meal would have been seen as a terrible extravagance, but by saying that it was fellowship with 12 brothers it would make the $100 cost seem quite reasonable. That was when I realized this man was a lascivious and fleshly man. What I didn’t know at the time but later learned was that he had sexually assaulted several sisters who served in the ministry. This caused a tremendous uproar in the church. Many saints left because of this. I learned of it shortly before leaving and was outspoken and public in my condemnation, speaking directly to those who had been sent from Phillip to NY. They couldn’t touch me as long as Witness Lee was alive, but the Lord told me to leave. A week later I heard that Witness Lee died.) So I walked out of Dunton House early on the Lord’s day, it was a fellowship house for the church where we met and housed all the visitors to the church. I lived there. I knew I had to go somewhere but didn’t know where. So at every intersection I would pray which way to go. I walked like this for over 2 miles. Then I suddenly felt to make a left turn, cross the major road and go down this small street. As I walked down it a man came out of an apartment building carrying a bible, so I did a 180 and followed him as he walked up this hill to this meeting hall which was basically one large room at the top of the hill. It was furnished with those who praised and worshipped the Lord. So from that day in 1998 I felt I was there preparing for the Lord’s return.
The feast of unleavened bread is the feast at the beginning of the year, and in this case it signified the beginning of the age of grace. The end of the year is signified by the festival of Trumpets which is September 18th this year. It is somewhat unique this time in that it falls on the Sabbath. To celebrate you are supposed to blow the trumpets but you aren’t allowed to blow the trumpets on the Sabbath unless you are on the temple mount. So Israel has asked for special permission this year to blow the trumpet on the temple mount (when Jerusalem was under the jurisdiction of the British they forbid it, feeling it was a provocative act). At the same time the US, the UAE and Bahrain have all agreed to make peace with Israel, recognizing Jerusalem as their capital. This age of grace began with the Passover, Jesus Christ being sacrificed for our salvation on the cross. As a result of rejecting their Lord Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman General Titus, and no stone was left upon another of the temple. Then Jerusalem was given to the Gentiles while the Jews were scattered. You can see how big and how full of significance this festival of trumpets will be this year as they blow the shofar on the temple mount for the first time with Jerusalem being given back to them and with them being able to rebuild the temple. Also, in order to rebuild the temple you need a red heifer, Jerusalem has just recently certified a genuine red heifer that is eligible for this sacrifice. So then, we come to this chapter with the end of the age drawing nigh.
2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
This is how the age began, the chief priests, scribes and rulers seeking to kill all those who expose their corruption and sins. They did this to the apostles. The blood of the martyrs has been shed throughout this age. This is what the 5th seal in the book of revelation refers to. Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. This is what the protests are about. People all over the world are crying with a loud voice “how long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?” What do you think the BLM protests referring to slavery and lynchings are saying? No one has been judged, how long do they need to wait for their blood to be avenged on those who dwell on the earth?
3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. 4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them. 5 And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money. 6 And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
There are two people used to exemplify the “false prophet”; Balaam and Judas. In both cases they will betray the Lord for money. Do not be deceived, neither was a “phony prophet” that is not what is meant by false. They both genuinely knew the Lord and His word. They were prophets, but they were false in that they were not trustworthy, they would sell out the Lord for money. Right now everyone talks about “fake news”. Fake news is simply a false prophet. They will spin the news any way you want in exchange for money. This age began with the chief priests and scribes choosing a false prophet over those that would speak the truth. They chose to crucify the Lord and martyr the apostles rather than hear the truth. Well at the end of the age you reap what you sow. They are “merchants of doubt” when it comes to cigarettes causing cancer. So how many were killed due to their lies even though they knew their product was a drug hooked you and killed you. The NFL did the same thing, knowing that their product caused terrible brain damage. They lied about it and slandered anyone who tried to tell the truth. The oil companies did the same thing with climate change. So now we have record breaking floods and fires and hurricanes and droughts and locusts and pandemics. This is what you reap when you choose the false prophet over the Lord.
7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. 8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. 9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? 10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. 11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guest chamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? 12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
I had an experience just like this. (First I have to give you a little background. I met with the Local Church which was led by Witness Lee, a coworker of Watchman Nee. His son, Phillip Lee was the President of the Living Stream Ministry which published Witness Lee’s messages. I was a full time worker for Living Stream Ministry helping them build a conference center in Irving, Texas. I worked on the stone crew. Phillip came to inspect the building and twelve of the workers went out with him to eat dinner, this was the first time I met him. We all sat in a big circle while he ate this very expensive lobster dinner. There was no fellowship, it seemed totally pointless to me that we had even been dragged out there. But then I realized he needed us so he could expense his dinner. His meal would have been seen as a terrible extravagance, but by saying that it was fellowship with 12 brothers it would make the $100 cost seem quite reasonable. That was when I realized this man was a lascivious and fleshly man. What I didn’t know at the time but later learned was that he had sexually assaulted several sisters who served in the ministry. This caused a tremendous uproar in the church. Many saints left because of this. I learned of it shortly before leaving and was outspoken and public in my condemnation, speaking directly to those who had been sent from Phillip to NY. They couldn’t touch me as long as Witness Lee was alive, but the Lord told me to leave. A week later I heard that Witness Lee died.) So I walked out of Dunton House early on the Lord’s day, it was a fellowship house for the church where we met and housed all the visitors to the church. I lived there. I knew I had to go somewhere but didn’t know where. So at every intersection I would pray which way to go. I walked like this for over 2 miles. Then I suddenly felt to make a left turn, cross the major road and go down this small street. As I walked down it a man came out of an apartment building carrying a bible, so I did a 180 and followed him as he walked up this hill to this meeting hall which was basically one large room at the top of the hill. It was furnished with those who praised and worshipped the Lord. So from that day in 1998 I felt I was there preparing for the Lord’s return.