[h=1]Luke 7Living Bible (TLB)[/h][FONT="]7 When Jesus had finished his sermon he went back into the city of Capernaum.[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 Just at that time the highly prized slave of a Roman[a] army captain was sick and near death. 3 When the captain heard about Jesus, he sent some respected Jewish elders to ask him to come and heal his slave. 4 So they began pleading earnestly with Jesus to come with them and help the man. They told him what a wonderful person the captain was.[/FONT]
[FONT="]“If anyone deserves your help, it is he,” they said, 5 “for he loves the Jews and even paid personally to build us a synagogue!”[/FONT]
[FONT="]6-8 Jesus went with them; but just before arriving at the house, the captain sent some friends to say, “Sir, don’t inconvenience yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of any such honor or even to come and meet you. Just speak a word from where you are, and my servant boy will be healed! I know, because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my men. I only need to say ‘Go!’ and they go; or ‘Come!’ and they come; and to my slave, ‘Do this or that,’ and he does it. So just say, ‘Be healed!’ and my servant will be well again!”[/FONT]
[FONT="]9 Jesus was amazed. Turning to the crowd he said, “Never among all the Jews in Israel have I met a man with faith like this.”[/FONT]
[FONT="]10 And when the captain’s friends returned to his house, they found the slave completely healed.[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 Just at that time the highly prized slave of a Roman[a] army captain was sick and near death. 3 When the captain heard about Jesus, he sent some respected Jewish elders to ask him to come and heal his slave. 4 So they began pleading earnestly with Jesus to come with them and help the man. They told him what a wonderful person the captain was.[/FONT]
[FONT="]“If anyone deserves your help, it is he,” they said, 5 “for he loves the Jews and even paid personally to build us a synagogue!”[/FONT]
[FONT="]6-8 Jesus went with them; but just before arriving at the house, the captain sent some friends to say, “Sir, don’t inconvenience yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of any such honor or even to come and meet you. Just speak a word from where you are, and my servant boy will be healed! I know, because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my men. I only need to say ‘Go!’ and they go; or ‘Come!’ and they come; and to my slave, ‘Do this or that,’ and he does it. So just say, ‘Be healed!’ and my servant will be well again!”[/FONT]
[FONT="]9 Jesus was amazed. Turning to the crowd he said, “Never among all the Jews in Israel have I met a man with faith like this.”[/FONT]
[FONT="]10 And when the captain’s friends returned to his house, they found the slave completely healed.[/FONT]