Lust problem

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

South_FLA

Jan 1, 2017
There is this girl that I like but she doesn't love God. She is of the world. Sad thing is I'm very attracted to her. Its annoying. I get spiritually attacked with thoughts of wanting to marry her and impress her and stuff. Please pray that I stop thinking/caring about this girl and girls in general. I feel like God is upset that I think about girls too much and wanting to marry/impress (I have a pride issue). Pray that I'm indifferent towards girls. I need to focus on God only. Help me please. THANK YOU in advance.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
We've all been there. Some ladies are just especially attractive to you for whatever reason.

The best advice I can give though is if that is one of your overriding desires, focus your energy into finding a quality a woman and get hitched.

It's better to marry than to burn.

P

pckts

There is this girl that I like but she doesn't love God. She is of the world. Sad thing is I'm very attracted to her. Its annoying. I get spiritually attacked with thoughts of wanting to marry her and impress her and stuff. Please pray that I stop thinking/caring about this girl and girls in general. I feel like God is upset that I think about girls too much and wanting to marry/impress (I have a pride issue). Pray that I'm indifferent towards girls. I need to focus on God only. Help me please. THANK YOU in advance.
That kind of love is hard to find, you wouldn't be able to convert her? Does she have feelings for you?

N

NoNameMcgee

you will be in my prayers man....

its awesome your eyes are opened to whats really important in this matter

praise God

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Pray for her salvation, whether you marry her or not. I will pray for you!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray for South_FLA, please Lord let this lust leave him, bless with your thoughts. Help to obey you, give your understanding in this matter, and let South_FLA' S attitude be without lust for this girl, please bless South_FLA, In Jesus gracious name, Amen!

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I don't think you are getting spiritually attacked. I think you just like her a lot. Why don't you try and get to know her. And when you get to know her real well ask her if she would be willing to talk to a pastor or share the gospel with her yourself whether you know her well or not. She might be open to hearing the gospel. I really questioned whether I loved God while I was in middle school but now I believe that I did not love him then because of the hate I had in my heart for at least one person, maybe more.But had someone told me back then that Jesus loved me, I might have stopped and thought about that. It sure did grab my attention in high school when a girl randomly said that Jesus loved me.

Dec 19, 2009
I am hardly an expert on this matter, yet I would like to comment. There would seem to be two paths you can follow. As Paul tells us here, there is nothing wrong with getting married. However, he goes on to tell us that if we have our desire under control and want to remain single, it is even better to do that.

[36] If any one thinks that he is not behaving properly toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry -- it is no sin.
[37] But whoever is firmly established in his heart, being under no necessity but having his desire under control, and has determined this in his heart, to keep her as his betrothed, he will do well.
[38] So that he who marries his betrothed does well; and he who refrains from marriage will do better. 1 Cor 7:36-38 RSV

Aug 15, 2009

What you're not aware of is her hormone levels & pheremone levels are high.

Do you remember some girl in high school that had average looks, yet the guys always hung around her? That's why.

On my last job I worked beside a woman & I noticed we conversed really well. I was 53 at the time & happily married, no problems, & wondering why I was being drawn to her. It freaked me out & hit me blindside. I left that area to work beside someone else, & it went away.

Later on, I heard her talk to some of her girlfriends how her hormones were going crazy, & I researched it. Sure enuff, in the first few months of pregnancy, a woman's hormones spike.

My advise to you is to stay away from her altogether. Pray for her salvation, & that God would send someone else to witness to her. You'll never get past this till you stay away from her.

Feb 7, 2015

What you're not aware of is her hormone levels & pheremone levels are high.

Do you remember some girl in high school that had average looks, yet the guys always hung around her? That's why.

On my last job I worked beside a woman & I noticed we conversed really well. I was 53 at the time & happily married, no problems, & wondering why I was being drawn to her. It freaked me out & hit me blindside. I left that area to work beside someone else, & it went away.

Later on, I heard her talk to some of her girlfriends how her hormones were going crazy, & I researched it. Sure enuff, in the first few months of pregnancy, a woman's hormones spike.

My advise to you is to stay away from her altogether. Pray for her salvation, & that God would send someone else to witness to her. You'll never get past this till you stay away from her.
Pheromone is spelled with an "o" in the middle. Quit trying to impress people.

South_FLA

Jan 1, 2017
Guys, I am so blessed to have you as my bros and sisters and I thank God for you all. You and your prayers are a blessing :D!! Now for the questions about the relationship between me and this girl I would like to not speak about it. In my eyes it is just idolatry on my part and I just need to stop thinking about her. Thinking about her kind of makes me sick in a way. Now, if God wants to use me to convert this girl and marry her then I'm all in. I will pray for God's will to be done in my life :). Thank you again, much love.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I will pray .God bless you

S

Stewart

Hello south when you like someone your thought life can go into overdrive from romantic thoughts to sexual thoughts and it can be quite a torture at times and as a christian it can be made even harder by the fact that you what to think the right thoughts and have the right attitude.There is often so kind of internal struggle going on and because the things you are struggling with are pleasurable experiences it can be a real pain (as you put it..annoying).
As a christian there will be times when you will find particular girls attractive and the actual attraction is genuine.What could help if you asked him to reveal to you what this girls is actually really like and you might end up thanking god that you didn't end up dating her because despite being attracted to her...god knows what kind of heart she has.

Yes I will pray for you mate and I sense that you really want to do right by god which is great thing.God will help you get over her and may he send someone into your life to be with that is just right for you and naturally she'll be a christian

Jun 24, 2017
How does Jesus see this girl? Can you try to see her that way? Also I'm going to come at this at an odd angle, but the bible says if your eyes cause you to lust to gouge them out. If you can't have a healthy relationship with this girl and God at the same time you may need to consider severing communication.

J

joefizz

Please father God use your power to keep this lust far from ,South,and I pray that your will be done in his life and in the woman he feels drawn to's life,and that they both can find peace and happiness with you being ever watchful over them,In Jesus's holy name I do so humbly pray,AMEN.