Mabuhay! Hello from Grand Rapids, Michigan!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GoodChef

New member
Apr 19, 2020
1
3
3
Hi guys, I found the forum because I was looking for a Christian community to connect with during this COVID-19 quarantine. I am looking forward to forming friendships and growing in my faith with all you fine people of God. I am Filipino born and raised, moved to New York City from the ages of 9-18 years old, then moved to Grand Rapids from 27 years old to present time. All the gaps in between was time spent living on the amazing Philippine archipelago.

My Christian life started with curiosity when I was in college and started reading the scriptures of different religions. Mainly Hinduism, Christianity and then some Buddhism, I gravitated towards scripture because I have a love for storytelling. In the beginning it was all about the mythology rather than the theology, for me. Fast forward a couple of years after I graduate from college and I found myself out here in Grand Rapids enjoying nature and craft beer, yet still living a fairly sinful life. All of this led to my having my first child, which turned my life around. All the while I was on the path to salvation but didn't have "enough of a reason to commit." Of course, I did have all the reason from the start, I just didn't have the wisdom to know that in the first place. This all changed when I realized that I was going to be a father. I got baptized a few months before my daughter was born, Easter Sunday 2018.

I thoroughly enjoy bible study and christian fellowship. Great to meet ya'll!
 
welcometocc9p.png



ROMANS5-8s.png


John316s.png



philippians1_6.png


Welcome to the family of God :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade
Hi and welcome to the fellowship at CC. I'm so glad to have a 'GoodChef' around here, lol. My daughter-in-law is in the Philippines:love: and my son has her on his phone til she gets a Visa. God bless you and your family!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade and Mel85
Hi guys, I found the forum because I was looking for a Christian community to connect with during this COVID-19 quarantine. I am looking forward to forming friendships and growing in my faith with all you fine people of God. I am Filipino born and raised, moved to New York City from the ages of 9-18 years old, then moved to Grand Rapids from 27 years old to present time. All the gaps in between was time spent living on the amazing Philippine archipelago.

My Christian life started with curiosity when I was in college and started reading the scriptures of different religions. Mainly Hinduism, Christianity and then some Buddhism, I gravitated towards scripture because I have a love for storytelling. In the beginning it was all about the mythology rather than the theology, for me. Fast forward a couple of years after I graduate from college and I found myself out here in Grand Rapids enjoying nature and craft beer, yet still living a fairly sinful life. All of this led to my having my first child, which turned my life around. All the while I was on the path to salvation but didn't have "enough of a reason to commit." Of course, I did have all the reason from the start, I just didn't have the wisdom to know that in the first place. This all changed when I realized that I was going to be a father. I got baptized a few months before my daughter was born, Easter Sunday 2018.

I thoroughly enjoy bible study and christian fellowship. Great to meet ya'll!
Hello and welcome to CC :) we are glad to have you.

See you around the forums!

Blessings in Christ 💜