Major fires in my area.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2013
Hi everyone, requesting your prayers for the people in Rural Victoria. There have been several growing bushfires in our area and several towns are in severe danger at the moment. One town is in lockdown, several have been evacuated and many others (including the town I'm in) are on high alert. Fires are about 20 minutes away and smoke is everywhere.

I've been in contact with several friends in very dangerous areas but there are many other friends of mine and others that haven't been able to be contacted at all. Not to mention peoples houses are being destroyed, and some people are in towns that are too late to evacuate now.

Not sure if we will have to evacuate yet, but prayers are very highly needed. For peoples lives, homes, families, everything. It doesn't seem to be slowing down unfortunately, and high winds are not helping.

1908227_10203307075656776_1609721882_n.jpg

1604770_706873722677011_302224474_n.jpg

Thank you.

Dec 29, 2013
1234629_10152185052055250_596720935_n.jpg

Somebody took this in a plane over Victoria.

One fire has been controlled but several others are only growing due to the wind right now. Another town has been deemed too late to evacuate and people who have chosen to stay may be in a lot of trouble.

T

Tintin

Much of the state seems to be up in flames. I'll be praying for you and everyone effected by the bush-fires.

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks TinTin, I hope you're not affected.

Newly wed friends of mine live on the outskirts of Numurkah, fire was confirmed to have reached it a few hours ago.

That first photo was taken there actually. Their house was most definitely in the area the fire has hit and I can't contact either of them. I'm hoping they evacuated, very stressful time for everyone right now.

God bless the firefighters, they have been working so hard all day.

T

Tintin

No, I'm fine, thanks. There were some bad fires a few days ago in SA, a little south and to the east. Yes, the firefighters are doing a great job. I also know a few people from Numurkah. Everyone was told to evacuate, I'm not sure if everyone did though. Keep on praying!

Dec 29, 2013
Glad to hear it.

Friends have been contacted in Benalla, they are safe. Another friend has lost her home.

Fires seem to have been controlled in Numurkah, can't say the same for elsewhere.

Dec 29, 2013
Fires are still very much ongoing, and with a new day its likely they might pick up again.

Thank you for your prayers.

K

kenthomas27

Dear Lord God of Israel, if it be your will please quiet the wind and soothe the burn of Rural Victoria. I agree in prayer with Tintin and Ferrau and believe where the few are gathered in prayer that these great fires are quenched by Your mercy in Christ's name....

M

MTplainsman

More prayer added from me. God be with all involved in this.

What set off these fires? Are you folks in a severe drought over there? The winds have been ripping all over the US to, the weather these days are changing...

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks guys.

The weather has been very hot and yesterday was very windy so I don't doubt that caused it.

However there are multiple fires, and there are reports of Arsonists, as well as rumor that someone has been caught.

Just rumors at the moment though.

T

TashMeyer76

God, when nature goes its course, and fires race through this state leaving in their wake devastation and total turmoil, we know that You are the only one we can run to, the only true God who will hear our Cries. Father you say in your word that if your people who are called by your name, humble themselves, pray and seek your face and turn from their wicked ways, you will hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land. Father we cry out to you, with tears of desperation, do not pass us by but let your rain fall down and put out these fires - for the sake of those who trust you God, so that not only their faith would be strengthened but that those who fail to believe will see YOUR greatness, fall on their knees and acknowledge you are the Almighty Father, the Holy One, Abba Father. We pray this in Jesus' name.

Amen