Night closes in and I struggle to define
This flood of emotion and the conflict on my mind
Grappled by fear and anxiety
Clench my fists while I struggle to breathe
I need you now, won't you descend on me
Lord set me free, set me free
More than ever I need you near me
There'll be days when I struggle to move
But my troubles dissipate when I focus on you
God of love, you hold me steadfast in the current
God of love, have mercy on your servant
Take the fragments of my life
put me together and make me whole
Take this wounded heart of mine
Breathe your life into my soul
This flood of emotion and the conflict on my mind
Grappled by fear and anxiety
Clench my fists while I struggle to breathe
I need you now, won't you descend on me
Lord set me free, set me free
Take the fragments of my life
put me together and make me whole
Take this wounded heart of mine
Breathe your life into my soul
put me together and make me whole
Take this wounded heart of mine
Breathe your life into my soul
Feeling weak and weary. Lord can you hear me?More than ever I need you near me
There'll be days when I struggle to move
But my troubles dissipate when I focus on you
God of love, you hold me steadfast in the current
God of love, have mercy on your servant
Take the fragments of my life
put me together and make me whole
Take this wounded heart of mine
Breathe your life into my soul