Man at the window

  • Thread starter Thread starter benw10
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

benw10

Guest
I've been married over seven years and I still remember the first day I saw her like it was yesterday. She was the love of my life and apart from God, I would have done anything for her. I believe that she was a gift from God, an answer to the loneliness I felt in my heart as a young Christian all those years ago. Although I lost my way as a Christian, God was still faithful to me and blessed us with two beautiful girls. In May this year, one week before her birthday and our marriage anniversary (it was a Wednesday night), she told me that she was in love with another man. She had met him on Facebook and she loved him so much that she was willing to forsake her family. I was destroyed and words couldn't even begin to describe how upside down my world had become. I couldn't understand how someone God had given me to be my helper, someone I'd sacrificed for and vowed to love until the day I die would betray me and break my heart. The pain felt like it was more than I could bear and I found myself asking God to take me from this earth.

I turned to God and He heard my prayer. His answer was not what I wanted but it was enough to calm my storm and still my sorrow. God made me see that even though I was not worthy He forgave me my sins. So I must in turn forgive my wife. Now she has decided to move to another city to continue her study. Now I am the guy looking out his window each day waiting for her to come back. God has since made me realize that I am not waiting on her but on God's time. I can honestly say that my marriage is not fixed yet nor do I know how long its going to take, but one thing I do know is that I trust in God and submit all to Him.

Every day now I get up I do my job as a father and take care of my girls. I pray that God will restore my family and I wait for His time.