Man of Sin revealed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Asked by a few in PM because of my post, so here goes:

2Thess 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

We now look at what/who/where "the temple of God" is:

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

I believe the 'man of sin' He refers to here, is mankind in general.

I now see the meaning of the verse as.....
Any person who denies that the Lord is the God of all life....and claim they/themselves ARE the God's of their own universe is a:
- 'man of sin', (humankind lost in sin, lies, disbelief of Christ)
- or/a 'son of perdition' (any child of His heading for hell, if not corrected)

* This is where my thoughts of a lone single AntiChrist (or the lack thereof), comes from too.​

Last edited:

Chopper

Nov 8, 2014

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Any person who denies that the Lord is the God of all life....and claim they/themselves ARE the God's of their own universe is a:

* This is where my thoughts of a lone single AntiChrist (or the lack thereof), comes from too.​
First of all, the "man of sin" referred to in
2Thess 2:3​
is not mankind in general. That word "man" in that verse is the Greek word (​
G444) anthrōpos meaning manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man, where other mentions of man in the general sense you are speaking of are the Greek word (G5100) tis meaning An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object: - a (kind of), any (man, thing, thing at all), certain (thing), divers, he (every) man, one (X thing), ought, + partly, some (man, -body, -thing, -what), (+ that no-) thing, what (-soever), X wherewith, whom [-soever], whose ([-soever]).

This is a certain man of sin, specifically, the son of perdition, where perdition is the Greek word (G684) apōleia, meaning ruin or loss (physical, spiritual or eternal): - damnable (-nation), destruction, die, perdition, X perish, pernicious ways, waste.

We have to keep in mind the fact that our Adon (Master) and ha'Mashiah (the Messiah) has called Himself the Son of Man, so that blanket statement cannot stand in the sense of mankind in general.

Next up, the term antichrist or anti anything usually means the exact opposite of whatever it is, or is in complete opposition. Knowing this and seeing how things have gradually gotten worse in the religious sense with all the false gods, idols, traditions and doctrines of man, and false teachings creeping into the ways of the believers learning and understanding, and the fact that the real names of Elohim are hidden in most bible translations, preventing us from knowing the real names so we can truly know His name, and keep the third commandment properly, we've got a long way to go for better understanding.

You say Lord, but do you really know what that is in reference to, or do you just say that because it is used in the biblical translation you read? There are many who use the title Lord, which means Master in the general sense, but if you research that farther, you will find it actually refers to the name of Ba'al, and not ha'Mashiah.

As one example, here's a quote directly from Wikipedia pointing out the specific areas of land from the bible as Semitic religions:
  • Semitic religions: Other deities given corresponding appellations to "Lord" include:
    • Baal, or Hadad, among the Caananites and most pre-monotheistic religion Semites was "Lord" with whom only priests were allowed to speak. References to Baal in the Hebrew Bible, such as the prophet Elijah's confrontation with Baal's priests, usually correspond to local gods rather than to Hadad.
Having stated the above, I DENY that the "Lord" is the "God" of all life, as he is nothing more than the god of this world.
Yahuwah is the Elohim of all life, and His Son, Yahushua, is the Adon, or Master of all masters, and King of all kings. He is ha'Mashiah, and He is the ONLY way to the Father, and by no other name can man be saved.

Last edited:

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014

You have some things very right.
Anyone who opposes God, or who denies Christ, or who raises himself up above God (even some to the point of denying God exists at all) are considered antichrists in the Bible.

But see this verse:
1 John 2:18 - Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.

It shows a distinction between those who are antichrists, and the prophesied Antichrist (I hate capitalizing this word) who will come just before the Last Day.

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014
You can definitely get the understanding of an allegorical Antichrist, or a grouping of antichrists being labelled as the Antichrist, if you hold to postmillennialism or perhaps even amillennialism.
But if you hold to premillennialism, it is very difficult to take these passages as allegory.
There are certain prophecies that are supposed to be fulfilled, which were originally spoken of in Daniel, and then foreshadowed by Antiochus Epiphanes, and then reaffirmed in the New Testament.

Last edited:

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
You can definitely get the understanding of an allegorical Antichrist, or a grouping of antichrists being labelled as the Antichrist, if you hold to postmillennialism or perhaps even amillennialism.
But if you hold to premillennialism, it is very difficult to take these passages as allegory.
There are certain prophecies that are supposed to be fulfilled, which were originally spoken of in Daniel, and then foreshadowed by Antiochus Epiphanes, and then reaffirmed in the New Testament.

Ahhh, I'm a little confused, as far as I can see, a/the/an AntiChrist is mentioned only 4 times in the entire Bible?
(*Some say along with the verses from 2 Thess, confirming this? )

2 John 1:7
- For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2:18 - Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (as in a present/current tense?)

These 4 verses along with 2 Thess convinces me that He is speaking of mankind's overall denial and hatred for Christ.
Not that I'm opposed to changing my mind on a single AntiChrist, I'm just not seeing how any of the above verses single out one individual?

In regards to John2:18
He says ".....and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming" I understand it as "you have heard" as in it will be a popular belief in the end times....not a confirmation that a AntiChrist will indeed come? If He would have finished the sentence with......"you have heard...and he will.".... then I might be convinced.

Sorry, ....what am I not seeing?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2014
Sorry, ....what am I not seeing?

The term "antichrist" simply means "against" Jesus Christ .... very few humans have been or are "for" Him

There is one such "antichrist" coming at the behest of Satan and the Lord's allowance of the same [2 Thessalonians 2:8-12]

So many apply the term "antichrist" loosely

Here is the the one that will be on the earth during the coming tribulation period

The strange thing about all of this is that this entity will be a fallen angel completely possessing a human king .... Satan's mimic of the similar relationship between God and Jesus Christ the "Son" .... both God and human

Satan aspires to be "god" and his presentation will include a "son of perdition" [an angelic prince] inside of a human king

Here are the scriptures for you to begin to study:

[Isaiah 14; Jeremiah 30:8; Ezekiel 28; 38; 39; Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-25; 9:26-27 [the other prince that shall come]; 11:36-45; 12:7; Micah 5:5-6; 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12; Jude 1:6; Revelation 9:1; 9:11; 11:7; 12:12; 13:1-4; 17:8-18]

May 15, 2013

It is saying that first man's true nature is reveal by what he has done over the years, and then once that is done, that is when Christ return. Every head will bow because of their lawlessness.

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014
The differing in opinions is based on whether we are viewing Scripture through the lense of literal, or allegorical interpretation. The truth is some combination of the two, but is yet a mystery until all is revealed.

As long as we know the Truth of the Gospel and of our calling, and are seeking to follow Christ alone, we will not be deceived by any antichrists, or even the Antichrist, or even the man of sin, or even the beast. It matters not whether they are a single person, or a group of persons, or a governing power, or something within us.

As long as we hold to the words of Christ and His sacrifice for us, we will overcome the evil one,
and anyone and anything he sends our way.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
The differing in opinions is based on whether we are viewing Scripture through the lense of literal, or allegorical interpretation. The truth is some combination of the two, but is yet a mystery until all is revealed.

As long as we know the Truth of the Gospel and of our calling, and are seeking to follow Christ alone, we will not be deceived by any antichrists, or even the Antichrist, or even the man of sin, or even the beast. It matters not whether they are a single person, or a group of persons, or a governing power, or something within us.

As long as we hold to the words of Christ and His sacrifice for us, we will overcome the evil one,
and anyone and anything he sends our way.

Can't argue that.....well put.
God Bless.

S

STLfan

"I believe" dilutes, in a way, what you may propose afterward. The man of sin in your Scripture is referred to as he and himself twice, not a general population.The man of sin, beast, anti-christ is a literal man. He is given "power, throne, and great authority" by Satan ( Rev. 13). He "ascends out of the bottomless pit" (11); "rises up" (13); "ascends out of the bottomless pit (17); occupies the body of a "mortally wounded" (13:3) "seventh king" (17:10, 11); kills the "two witnesses" (Rev.11); sets himself as god in a rebuilt temple of God in Jerusalem; is joined by a second beast "coming up out of the earth" (Rev. 13.11); performs "signs" (Rev. 16:14) and lying wonders (2 Thess.2:9); generally causes havoc until he and the false prophet are "cast alive into the lake of fire" (Rev.19:20). He is a literal - not figurative man who everything going on around us is funnelling down to.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sveinen

yo, Eternal Christ Jesus The Total Friend Is "..somewhat bigger" than earthly scientific reading, timelines and nonsense. His Revelation, full of Life, is a tool for Disciples. for life, choose life...