Many are called but few are chosen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2022
When the natural man is unable to understand the teachings,things,of the spirit how would you imagine your enumerated list be accomplished by natural man? 📖
natural man still understands moral laws and right from wrong. so in order for natural man to understand he needs God, he must follow the principles to Romans 10:17 So, then, faith comes from what is heard, and that which is heard comes through the word of God.

Faith comes by HEARING, HEARING the Word of God.

Faith is belief!

so you HEAR the WORD of God, you BELIEVE by Faith, then you become Titus 3:5 Regenerated because the Holy Spirit now lives within you.

if it worked like you said, Paul would not have written Romans 10:17 and Titus 3:5.

Jun 20, 2022
The unregenerate person's understanding of natural things is normal, but he cannot understand things that are spiritual, according to 1 Cor 2:14. Christ's doctrine has always been criticised for the 33 years that he preached it, and it seems to be increasing as time goes on.

The thing that I think is skewed and flawed, is the fact that most of God's, well intended, adopted children do not rightly divide the scriptures in trying to elevate man's ability to save themselves eternally, instead of giving God the praise and honour for saving them eternally.
natural man still understands moral laws and right from wrong. so in order for natural man to understand he needs God, he must follow the principles to Romans 10:17 So, then, faith comes from what is heard, and that which is heard comes through the word of God.

Faith is belief!

so you HEAR the WORD of God, you BELIEVE by Faith, then you become Titus 3:5 Regenerated because the Holy Spirit now lives within you.

if it worked like you said, Paul would not have written Romans 10:17 and Titus 3:5.

Jun 20, 2022
The appeal to authority fallacy.

You're wrong. I'm talking about your Exegesis that is unable to realize and like scripture as consistent narrative relating the message of and within the Gospel.

You are the natural mind of the natural man. Which is why you Levy snide condemnations against those who do see The Word.

You example perfectly that scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:14 as you insist repeatedly you are able to overcome and augment Jesus teaching there.

The natural man cannot understand the things of the spirit because they are spiritually discerned.
Jesus' Gospel,as he said, was not meant to be understood by everyone so they would understand it and come to repentance. This,as he said ,is why he taught the Gospel in parables.

But you insist anyone is able to understand and be saved. Which is in direct contradiction of Jesus.

And he's the watcher of that.Word for word.
The appeal to authority fallacy...whose judgement and words last for eternity.
if you think you know better than Theologians, why are you on a website where only 2 people believe you?

Jun 28, 2022
Far too many of God's born again children have been indoctrinated with the misinterpretation of scriptures, and when that happens it is very hard for them to change their minds.

I am guessing that you pulled the word "perish" from 2 Pet 3:9. Parish = death = separation.

2 Pet 1:1 tells us who Peter is directing this warning to, and it is to them that have obtained like precious faith. Peter even includes himself in this warning by using the word "USWARD". and calls them "beloved" in verse 9.

Peter's warning to them is that when they have been tempted, and yield to that temptation, that they should repent. When a child of God commits a sin, he perishes, separating himself from his fellowship with God, temporary, until he repents.
Just tossing this out there since a new accuser of the brethren is parroting his predecessors in accusing Calvinism, while adamantly cherry picking scripture to abrogate scripture, like his predecessors.

Has it occurred to you that what we're encountering in some, not necessarily in all though it is possible, are not those who respect the scripture at all. But are committed to gaining enjoyment watching us repeat ourselves in what they know is a fruitless effort to reach them with scripture.

Arrogance on our part because we don't lead anyone to understanding. What we are doing and are admonished to do for those in the church who are not in correct understanding is to guide to correction. As the spirit leads us and thus leads them to right understanding.

And those dark ones are here to mock and bait as they corrupt the word and gain enjoyment watching us,like hamsters on a wheel, repeat our same behaviors expecting a different result. I.E they'll change their mind to realize the truth.

But that's not why they're here. They're here serving, unbeknownst to them, to prove the scripture truth by their repeated dark intent.
I lurked in a forum years ago where the topic of women pastors was started by someone who later admitted they did so just to watch their women members get emotional for being told God doesn't call them to preach.

Brother, you've a good heart.💕😊🕊️✝️📖 You need realize there are wolves crept in among the sheep. And they all sound alike when they howl. Posting styles are easy to spot.🐺👹 Especially among those who laugh at righteous scripture. And dare call God a liar.

Jun 28, 2022
if you think you know better than Theologians, why are you on a website where only 2 people believe you?
There are no Theologians among your number.

We Christians are here because Jesus sent his sheep among the wolves. Then and now.😊🕊️✝️📖

Jun 20, 2022
There are no Theologians among your number.

We Christians are here because Jesus sent his sheep among the wolves. Then and now.😊🕊️✝️📖
since i provide quotes by Theologians, who represent many Denominations, and they conclude as i do, how are they not with me?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Amen.

''No one can come to Me
the Father who sent Me draws him [giving him the desire to come to Me]; and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.''

John 14:26But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
Yes, when God draws one that commences the new birth experience, we receive a new life of motion, activity, and hunger and thirst spiritually for the things of God, otherwise we are spiritually dead, and enmity against God.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
"Many are called", in fact all are called. Jesus searches for each of us every day/minute/second of our lives. But, let's be honest. Many just aren't interested, satisfied with the things of the world. I think Angelina Jolie stated this viewpoint succintly when she said, "I don't feel I have any need for God." I don't judge Jolie and wish her well. But our culture, and the culture of most 1st world rich nations has become purely secular, no need nor any desire for Jesus or what He has to offer. We want the material things/pleasures that we can have right now. To quote Hugh Hefner on his 80 birthday, he said that, "He' just like more of the same as he'd been experiencing". I don't judge Hefner and wish him well also.

But those are the kinds of attitudes that prevail today. Jesus continues to call many but many have better things to do, just not interested in Jesus. Only a few will enter through the narrow gate, the rest through the wide gate, the road to perdition.

Jun 20, 2022
"Many are called", in fact all are called. Jesus searches for each of us every day/minute/second of our lives. But, let's be honest. Many just aren't interested, satisfied with the things of the world. I think Angelina Jolie stated this viewpoint succintly when she said, "I don't feel I have any need for God." I don't judge Jolie and wish her well. But our culture, and the culture of most 1st world rich nations has become purely secular, no need nor any desire for Jesus or what He has to offer. We want the material things/pleasures that we can have right now. To quote Hugh Hefner on his 80 birthday, he said that, "He' just like more of the same as he'd been experiencing". I don't judge Hefner and wish him well also.

But those are the kinds of attitudes that prevail today. Jesus continues to call many but many have better things to do, just not interested in Jesus. Only a few will enter through the narrow gate, the rest through the wide gate, the road to perdition.
clearly, for Angelina Jolie to even mention whether she needs or does not need Jesus, means she was faced whether to Believe or Deny Him.

she perfectly represents God knocks on every heart, but not every heart allows Him in.

The Father has given Jesus the whole population of people to have ever lived and will live. And those who accept Christ, Jesus will never lose. but clearly, not everyone accepts Christ. prime example: Angelina jolie!

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020

Jesus calls His Sheep only Jn 10 and they hear His voice and follow Him, they are the few that are chosen.

Shepherd

May 11, 2022

Faith is belief!

Exactly
Genesis 3:22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
clearly, for Angelina Jolie to even mention whether she needs or does not need Jesus, means she was faced whether to Believe or Deny Him.

she perfectly represents God knocks on every heart, but not every heart allows Him in.

The Father has given Jesus the whole population of people to have ever lived and will live. And those who accept Christ, Jesus will never lose. but clearly, not everyone accepts Christ. prime example: Angelina jolie!
Exactly
Here's another who was faced with the choice

Acts 24
24 And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

Jun 28, 2022

Many are called.
Few are chosen.

Jun 20, 2022
Exactly
Here's another who was faced with the choice

Acts 24
24 And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.
EXCELLENT EXAMPLE!

right from the Bible itself it shows Felix denying Christ when offered to him.

WOW, now that is the BEST PROOF of what we're discussing here. it's directly from the Word of God and [[((cannot))]] be refuted!

Jun 20, 2022
here's an excellent viewpoint from one of the Theologians i tend to use as example:

Peter's point is that God chose those whom He foreknew without regard for anything good or bad in them because He foresaw that they would believe in Him.

Chosen literally means before the Earth was Created, God already knew who would Believe in Him.

hahaha, it literally has nothing to do with God creating people for Hell and Heaven. it factually means, God knew we would Believe in Him and who would not so we are called the Chosen. so we theoretically speaking here, the CHOSEN, are the ONES WHO WERE ALWAYS GOING TO BELIEVE IN HIM!

so we are the CHOSEN because we were always going to Believe anyways!

Jun 20, 2022
here's an excellent viewpoint from one of the Theologians i tend to use as example:

Peter's point is that God chose those whom He foreknew without regard for anything good or bad in them because He foresaw that they would believe in Him.

Chosen literally means before the Earth was Created, God already knew who would Believe in Him.

hahaha, it literally has nothing to do with God creating people for Hell and Heaven. it factually means, God knew we would Believe in Him and who would not so we are called the Chosen. so we theoretically speaking here, the CHOSEN, are the ONES WHO WERE ALWAYS GOING TO BELIEVE IN HIM!

that means, no matter when i was born, i was always going to Believe in God. it does not mean God CHOSE me to Believe in Him. it means, God knew I would Believe in Him. Therefore, I am the Chosen!

I CHOSE to BELIEVE in God and He foreknew that so I am the CHOSEN!

Jun 28, 2022

Don't look now but that's also known as, Unconditional Election.

The U in Calvinisms TULIP.
😊

Unconditional Election First, what is election? Election is the act of God’s sovereign will where before the creation of the world he chooses an individual or group of people to accomplish a purpose. Therefore, election designates being chosen for a purpose.

1. Quote: “This understanding of election has traditionally been called “unconditional election.” It is “unconditional” because it is not conditioned upon anything that God sees in us that makes us worthy of his choosing us.” (Grudem, Wayne A. (2009-05-18). Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (Entender) (p. 679). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.
  2. In the context of the term “unconditional election”, this election is the sovereign act of God where, from before the foundation of the world, he chose those whom he would save (Eph. 1:4; 2 Thess. 2:13). This election to save is not conditioned upon any foreseen faith (Rom. 9:16) or any foreseen good works of any individual (Rom. 9:11; 2 Tim. 1:9). This election is based completely on God’s sovereign choice according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:11). God chose the elect because he decided to bestow his love upon them (John 3:16; Eph. 2:4), based solely on his sovereign grace (Gal. 1:15), and for his glory (Isaiah 43:7).
    1. Eph. 1:4, “just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love.”
    2. 2 Thessalonians 2:13, “But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.”
    3. Rom. 9:16, “So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.”
    4. Rom. 9:11, “for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls.”
    5. 2 Tim. 1:9, “who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.”
    6. Eph. 1:11, “also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”
    7. John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
    8. Eph. 2:4, “But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us.”
    9. Gal. 1:15, “But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, was pleased.”
    10. Isaiah 43:7, “Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”

Status
Not open for further replies.