Marijuana

  • Thread starter Thread starter Samual
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Okay Okay Okay, hold up. Let me clear a few things up.

I make pretty good grades, only failing algebra and let's face it, who didn't fail algebra?
What I meant by, I have good times is we just sit around a bonfire, listen to music and laugh and joke with eachother
We aren't doing anything stupid like tagging houses and stuff
Also, I don't get high every single day and drink and all that. In fact, I don't drink at all. And I usually only smoke maybe once or twice every few weeks on the weekend. And how many people are going to tell me that smoking makes me not christian? I mean seriously, smoking pot makes me not christian? I'm not putting it above God, I'm not addicted, I'm not doing anything like that.


Sorry I got straight A's in pre-Algerbra, Algerbra, and Algerbra 2, and did not stop at learning Math tell I saw the Calculus book.........That was enough for me.....LOL :cool:
 
I didn't fail algebra -- aced it. Aced all my math classes. Took calculus in college as a blow-off course.

Not really an argument...

You ARE doing something stupid -- you're smoking pot. Dumb enough in my book. Don't believe the propaganda that smoking pot doesn't do damage to your body. Just. Plain. Lies. From the pit of hell...
 
I smoke once in a while and have been at peace doing so, but some valuable wisdom has been shared causing me to take pause, including Breno talking about shady dealers and PennEd sharing the meaning of sorcery. I also like what DC shared in a differing view, but I will take heed and pray about this.

Thank you, beloved.
 
Hello again. I just felt the point should be made that pot does have a positive side. There isn't anything wrong with using it responsibly. The real problem is the lack of responsibility. Same as with any drug. No one is condoning the use of drugs while working never mind using heavy equipment or driving.Being safe and not neglecting your responsibility is what is important. Abstinence is not an option sometimes. I would rather he smoke pot savely. Then have him turn his back on us because we have condemd him to hell for it.
A. What's responsible use for pot? I use a fork responsibly. I use a trowel responsibly. I even use pills responsibly. I use them all responsibly because there is a responsible use for them. What's that responsible use for pot?

B. Why isn't abstinence an option sometimes?

C. I don't recall anyone sending him to hell. He asked. We answered.
 
But that's the thing. I'm smart about it, so I don't get busted. I don't run out to school with a joint in my mouth. I don't have some sinking feeling when I can't get any, and I don't buy from a shady dealer, I buy from a friend I've known for years.
I was "smart about it" too. And then I got dumber, and dumber, and dumber. You're 15. So will you. Do you really expect that friend to front it for you for the rest of your life? What happens after high school? You two go your separate ways, or, maybe you go to the same school. Guess what? Even if you do, his supply runs dry when that person gets busted, (one of my first big scares, when the suppliers got bust. You get less time if you rat out people, especially since the person -- one of the people they sold it to -- I got it from and smoked with was a cop), or school is far from home, so you're back to finding a new supplier... and then another, and then another. You're 15. You're due for two drastic changes of life style within the next seven years.
 
Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. What I meant by we have good times, is we sit around a bonfire listening to music and laughing and joking and it's been some of the most fun times of my life. We're not going out and egging somebody's house, or spray painting the police station. And why does everyone say I smoke and therefore am not a christian, my mom smokes cigarettes, does that mean she isn't a christian. Bob Marley smoked weed and as I said he was one of the proudest christians I've ever heard of. Always proclaiming his love for God
And you can't laugh around a bonfire with your friend, enjoying some tunes without getting high? Some of those friends I smoked with (including the cop) stayed friends after college. I remembering listening to great music, laughing, and even milking cows with them, (never did that before), not stoned. More fun, because I actually really do remember it. The stoned times are more impressions of moods than memories.
 
And you can't laugh around a bonfire with your friend, enjoying some tunes without getting high? Some of those friends I smoked with (including the cop) stayed friends after college. I remembering listening to great music, laughing, and even milking cows with them, (never did that before), not stoned. More fun, because I actually really do remember it. The stoned times are more impressions of moods than memories.

I didnt mean that we have to be high to do it, I was just saying that is what I meant when I said we have fun. And I do remember them weather I was high or not
 
I am what I like to call a God fearing stoner............ So what is God's view on it?

Romans 13 speaks plainly about keeping the law of the land.....then there's dealing with the drug dealer..... then there's problems of OD'ing because the pot can be laced with another drug..... a known practice for drug dealers to "advertise" new products. Then there's the part where I agree with others here that it's just plain stoooopid.:rolleyes:
 
I didnt mean that we have to be high to do it, I was just saying that is what I meant when I said we have fun. And I do remember them weather I was high or not
Give it a few years. The memories fade faster. Also, what's funny stones makes no sense when you're straight again. It's kind of like telling a nightmare, it just sounds stupid when you tell it.
 
I am what I like to call a God fearing stoner. I know people who smoke weed that are atheists, I know people that smoke that are christians. I myself smoke weed and am a christian. I always wondered what God's view on it would be. I've always thought that he put it here, it has medical uses, so therefore it was intended to be used. And then I like to think about Bob Marley, who I can almost guarantee is sitting up in Heaven with God, who smoked and always proclaimed his love for God. Always gave God credit for the things that he did. I am not looking for someone to tell me I shouldn't do it because it's illegal, I am simply looking for what God's view on it is. It has healing qualities and nobody has ever died from it, so it doesn't harm my body. It's not an addiction, and I didn't start doing it because I wanted to be cool. I started doing it because I figured there wasn't any point in speaking against something I had not already tried myself, when I tried it, I liked it. I continued, and I've had some pretty fun times with my friends too. So what is God's view on it?

Friend, it has 'medical purpose' processed in different forms through medical research and the government approved and legalized them for consumption upon a physician's prescription and the dosage amount for a patient, i agree, but does a medical doctor prescribe 'smoking it'. Why do you think the Government 'illegalize' smoking or possessing or growing weed? Aren't they HIS official servants according GOD who takes care of 'criminals', through Apostle Paul's witnessing epistle to the church, as a lesson to our 'faith living', to be 'submissive' to their given 'authority' or be 'jailed'? This is clearly a 'sin' against GOD's 'righteousness', sorry my beloved friend, in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST, i pray you will stop by the 'Help' of GOD.

It was 'legalized' once in America during the 'seventies', the era of the 'hippies', always 'stone' in smoking 'weed', happy go lucky, free sex even with partner changed, community, partying day and night, even in open with some naked, slaves of the flesh/carnal passions and desires of 'sensuality' and 'imagination'.

This 'paints' a similar picture from the past, the Israelite drinking and partying in a similar fashion, during the Israelite's 'abomination' against GOD in the desert, while Moses was with GOD fourty days and forty nights on the Mount Sinai.

And moreover Sodom and Gomorrah too.

i have this written Holy Scripture for everyone and including you that;

"Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but rather allow GOD to renew your thinking."

Please notice that the 'underlined words' are actually HIS 'commandment', to 'keep/abide/comply with/etc.

Please take this advice for a renewed thinking and as they are from CHRIST Himself, for one's repentance and for us to seek help in all our 'weaknesses', boldly approaching the 'Throne of Grace' in Heaven.
 
So just what medical condition are you using pot for besides getting stoned? I don't even approve of medical licenses after I found out a lot of people I know with bipolar were using it, and it was affecting them mentally and emotionally in ways they could not understand. They thought it was helping their mania and depression, but it was making them worse!

Poor self reflection is typical of pot heads. Usng illegal drugs is a good way to walk away from God. I used pot before I was saved, and gave it up because I realized how bad the side effects were, including on my lungs. Happily I never missed it!
 
The Greek word which is translated as witchcraft is pharmakia : the use of herbs or chemicals to alter perception ot state of mind.


Use of marijuana or any other substance for this purpose is definitely sin.


using the same substances for another purpose may or may not be sin even if it results in the same effect.