God says we are free...but that not all things are good for us. Or benefit us. The traits of this drug and the way it forms a mental addiction more than even a physiological one,along with many other facts of it, must be weighed in.... but my bottom line is what God says about it? What does God say about the control of the Mind? Who must do that? Us by placing our thoughts in Him then Christ in us.. comes out the other side...is that Pot...thanks God? I have never had that happen in my life. And biblically I see why...! Is weed talking the language of Christ? Does it speak the thoughts of the Law of sinful nature?
Lets say for a moment that the medical need is greater than the ability to just leave it alone for the recreation aspect of it..Is this Gods way to handle that? You say God had to of made it. OK, fair enough, but that wasn't my question, Is this the means to an end to use pot to conclude the answer for many ailments that give relief from pots use? Is our concern the tyranny of the urgent issues, or the deeper important issues in life? Does God see a better path to helping those ailments?
If we weigh in all the factors, we start with.... "God says we are free...but not all things are good for us, or benefit us.".. . We need to look at all the factors of Pots influence in the medical field, one thing is that the carcinogens in pot are 10 times as high as not smoking it. Hmmmm, ??
.Pot smokers want to tell me there is no nicotine..the mind control of the need for it is great, even in the rationalization of that answer over the facts of the first statement......Hmmmm?...denial in pot users is the number one characteristic over all other drug users claims. People, simply, stick with pot ...addiction of the mind cycle, is a real- deal- event with this substance. Hmmm! are we balancing considerations still?..I could go on, in the medical field yet pot smokers will tell me their studies on how it is not addictive yada yada.
Some facts over this drugs comparisons to other drugs are true, yet this is not the real picture of the bud. Now God talks about anything outside of a life of faith in Christ is a sin...that anything that puts pause to our mind in that faith is not of Him. Hmmm! are we still balancing?
God also talks about what to involve ourself in;..the renewing of our mind the things that are Holy and pure think on these things...etc does the drug alter that walk? We are free but not all things benefit us. I could say personally if a man was so in straights to need the pain changing affects of the drug, so be it. God does not care about the drug, He cares about the persons heart in relationship to Him, in relations to the affects of the drug ....does this thing alter that connection?!!I think it does. Science thinks it does, God has never lead me to pot. And has lead me away from it. I never said I hadn't tested it, in my Old me.. Just saying....I know we are on the same page but I am being the devils advocate here.
The Christian toker may say, Yeah, but I can be good and love god in my belief of Him and still smoke pot. if you are a Christian, does your Spirit immediately testify to you when you here someone say that? reaffirming it to be true or cautioning and pausing you? Even countering those statements in your thoughts.?
There is a moral order in the world. Gods scripture is clear on the conclusion to the moral order of the world--that Moral order is the wrath of God at work.
I do not hold judgement for judgement sake. For pot wants you to love it. And I also know Satan would love you to love it. And anything rooted in the love of anything aside from God is a sin. Hemp was used to make many things in the old days and still today, and there may be something God intends for us to use the pot version for.... But I see nothing but sin wrapped up in the use of it now, thus far in my 53 years on this earth...One must weigh in..
What does God tell you? Gods Word to me are a multitude of individual counselors. And God says in the Word that there is Wisdom in a multitude of counselors. He meant Godly people but the Word applies since it is the premise to that wise counsel. What does the principles of Scripture say to you? What does the Spirit of God in you say? What do people show while on it? What does our medical professionals say? And not on just selected conclusions but in the whole of their study?