Marriage problems. Need help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Myflipflops

Married 20 years.
In the beginning first 2 years were great. Then it's like I woke up one morning next to a stranger. He changed completely. We had 2 children. With each it seemed he got worse. Stayed at work 24/7. I tried to talk to him but he wud say on a few years when the business is built up we'll have plenty of time. I waited & prayed that God wud change the situation. Very active in my church. The kids were also. Then the day came the businesses were doing well and there was plenty of free time to do all the things we wanted. Travel, fun, family time. Instead he chose to go out with his friends, take trips with friends. Leaving me & the kids at home. Too much infidelity to even talk about on his part. After 18 years I said I've had enough. He had completely destroyed my love for him. I knew if I didn't leave I was going to hate him. We left. Approx 3 months after we left he got saved. I was happy for him but it didn't change my feelings. Filed for the divorce that he wud never sign the papers for. In the mean time I met & fell in love with a very nice man. Two years later due to my feeling of what the right thing to do was. I went back to my husband to try & put our family back together & make things work. God truely has changed him. Now that I'm here I miserable. I am still in love with someone else. No matter how good my husband is to me I'm just not happy with him.
My question is:
Is it wrong to be with my husband & trying to do the right thing (very unhappy, miserable) for God when I am in love with someone else?
Help & advice much needed.

J

jason75

FIrst he is your husband untill death do him part. Second i think you need to cry out to GOD. Your heart is lost cause if you do cry out to GOD . He will give you so much love for your husband. From what your saying . You seem to blame everything on your husband. Then Satan give you all the good excuse to love someone else. Thing is. Its not tru love its only lost that as turn to adultry. Sorry but i just had to say the truth.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
i would first like to say that i'm sorry for what has happened in your marriage BUT there is always hope. i completely understand because first i have been married over 20 years and the only way you will be happy is to ask God for guidance and give it time. things will slowly change , don't expect it to be like when you were first married because people grow and we change, our likes , wants and needs change. this time around you both have to relearn each other .

also as long as the other person is in the picture no your marriage will not work. it never works when someone else is in the relationship., to be honest sometimes we want to have an affair so that they will see how it feels to be betrayed and hurt, but a moment of pleasure can lead to more heartbreak and hate

i will keep you and your family in prayer

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
Try to find out, what is right for you, and how you can come to a place, that is right for you.
Even if it takes more time, before you can accept, what might be right.
God sees our heart. Maybe you need some time to your self so that you do not feel preshured by "doing the
right thing" into an intemacy you do no longer feel.
We can not pressure out selves into love, love has to grow and will only grow if there is freedom and choice.

But the other man, do not drag him into that, that would not be fair.

Prying for you, that god gives you peace of mind.