Marriage

  • Thread starter Thread starter leonardronaldo
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

leonardronaldo

Guest
Marriage is clearly an ordain by God. Why would those who do not believe in God need to do marriage?
No other reason, other than to mock God. But Galatians 6:7 tells us that "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Take refuge in Him alone, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Because it is getting clearer and clearer, all over the world, it is either you are with Him or against Him.

11426787_1187279334631000_5511651701233090192_o.jpg
 
In answer to your question -- commitment. My brothers all got married as an active vow of commitment to the women they loved.

They're not believers, but there is that. Are you saying nonbelievers shouldn't marry? That doesn't make sense, considering they could become believers.

And, frankly, I was proud of my younger brother for marrying his wife. The first time he loved a woman, she wouldn't commit, and yet committed to a 30-year mortgage with him. That made no sense to me and it worked out like I feared it would -- it didn't.

This time, he was gun shy because of her, so went with shacking up with his latest love. Only when she became pregnant did they both realize they wanted to commit for the rest of their lives. They married before my nephew was born. I hope that is one step closer to realizing God is real and is working all things out. It is just a step to that. They aren't there yet. But I have hope because they committed.

What's wrong with that?
 
In America, when people are married, spouses automatically have power of attorney to help make serious decisions regarding their spouse's health and finances. When people are not married, they have no say unless previously otherwise deemed.
 
Marriage is clearly an ordain by God. Why would those who do not believe in God need to do marriage?
No other reason, other than to mock God. But Galatians 6:7 tells us that "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Take refuge in Him alone, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Because it is getting clearer and clearer, all over the world, it is either you are with Him or against Him.

You either OBEY Him, or you don't. And He commands Christians everywhere to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

^i^ responding to OP
 
It is definitely a sin and rebellion against the Word.

I often wonder why anybody bothers to marry when they are living together and doing what they do outside of marriage.
 
In answer to your question -- commitment. My brothers all got married as an active vow of commitment to the women they loved.

They're not believers, but there is that. Are you saying nonbelievers shouldn't marry? That doesn't make sense, considering they could become believers.

And, frankly, I was proud of my younger brother for marrying his wife. The first time he loved a woman, she wouldn't commit, and yet committed to a 30-year mortgage with him. That made no sense to me and it worked out like I feared it would -- it didn't.

This time, he was gun shy because of her, so went with shacking up with his latest love. Only when she became pregnant did they both realize they wanted to commit for the rest of their lives. They married before my nephew was born. I hope that is one step closer to realizing God is real and is working all things out. It is just a step to that. They aren't there yet. But I have hope because they committed.

What's wrong with that?
Well, the thing is that God is real whether I, you, your nephew, or anybody believe or disbelieve Him.
Now for your brother's case, it's his choice to follow the natural marriage, as ordained by God. It may be God's way, you are correct. I hope he will soon come into the knowledge of God through Jesus Christ.

Preach on sister!
 
We must get used to saying 'Christian marriage' or alternately 'matrimony'. Or are the homos thinking of calling themselves mothers?
 
You either OBEY Him, or you don't. And He commands Christians everywhere to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

^i^ responding to OP

Thanks for the response.
Marriage is also a stipulation by God and if you choose to enter into it, you ought to obey it as well, aren't you?
How can I not love other Christians when I post this?
 
Me and my wife are non believers and we got married.

It had nothing to do with God. We wanted to prove our commitment to each other.

Marriage also predates Christianity so I don't see where the God mocking comes Into it.

I feel I'm being pushed towards God by something I don't yet understand. But feel I'm getting pushed away from it by illinformed, opinionated and arrogant people who are supposed to represent God.
 
It is definitely a sin and rebellion against the Word.

I often wonder why anybody bothers to marry when they are living together and doing what they do outside of marriage.
That is my point. :)
Thanks for dropping by
 
What an absolute load of crap you speak, what a foolish thing to say, are you for real mate?, how is it mocking God?
Your beautiful language shows the real you. Thanks.
I am for real. Marriage is a commandment of God for a man to be committed to a woman, by sharing their commitments before God and others.
Since the unbeliever will not commit before God and others, why would they enter it?
 
Me and my wife are non believers and we got married.

It had nothing to do with God. We wanted to prove our commitment to each other.

Marriage also predates Christianity so I don't see where the God mocking comes Into it.

I feel I'm being pushed towards God by something I don't yet understand. But feel I'm getting pushed away from it by illinformed, opinionated and arrogant people who are supposed to represent God.

It may well, but it DOES NOT PREDATE GOD......ergo mocking God........just saying
 
Last edited:
We must get used to saying 'Christian marriage' or alternately 'matrimony'. Or are the homos thinking of calling themselves mothers?
Isn't registered partnership is already an alternative option given by most western countries (as far as i know) for those who don't want God in their lives?
But I guess they fall to the satan's trap, i.e. Pride. They want to be gods of themselves and redefine everything by their own lusts.
 
Isn't registered partnership is already an alternative option given by most western countries (as far as i know) for those who don't want God in their lives?
But I guess they fall to the satan's trap, i.e. Pride. They want to be gods of themselves and redefine everything by their own lusts.

People in the US can be and many times are married at a Courthouse without a Preacher involved in the ceremony.
 
Me and my wife are non believers and we got married.

It had nothing to do with God. We wanted to prove our commitment to each other.

Marriage also predates Christianity so I don't see where the God mocking comes Into it.

I feel I'm being pushed towards God by something I don't yet understand. But feel I'm getting pushed away from it by illinformed, opinionated and arrogant people who are supposed to represent God.

Yes, but Marriage doesn't predate Christ. Marriage is commanded first in Genesis, as you can read in the OP.

As I have stated above in response to another user, marriage is commanded by God for a man to be committed to a woman, by sharing their commitments before God and others. Since you stated that God has nothing to do with it, then it shall not be classified as marriage. Registered partnership maybe?
 
People in the US can be and many times are married at a Courthouse without a Preacher involved in the ceremony.
Thanks for enlighting me on this, since I am not an American. But I understood from my times in the Netherlands, that most western countries recognizes registered partnerships as alternative option, just as like you mentioned, before the courthouse without any preachers or church elders being present.

Another question, prior to the acceptance of homosexual marriage in USA, are homosexual, by law, also allowed to enter into such registered partnership as you described?
 
So what about every Sikh, Hindu, Muslim who gets married? Are they not proper marriages but should be registered partnerships? What about the followers of Vishnu and Ganesh etc? Should they be registered partnerships and not marriages?

Does Christianity have the monopoly on two people wanting to Marry?
 
So what about every Sikh, Hindu, Muslim who gets married? Are they not proper marriages but should be registered partnerships? What about the followers of Vishnu and Ganesh etc? Should they be registered partnerships and not marriages?

Does Christianity have the monopoly on two people wanting to Marry?

No one who claims marriage is exclusively for people who believe in God seems to be answering your question.

I'm waiting for one of them to respond.