Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2020 - "I Have A Dream" speech on video

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

Oh today is Martin Luther King day? So that explains why they had the march/speech on TV. I was enjoying some lovely singing. And sooo many people at that march!

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Yes there were! I watched the movie "Selma" last year. 1963 was the year before the 1964 earthquake here in Alaska. I attended some college, and we had a very lively speech teacher in the 90's who showcased his speech as the greatest speech ever made, and we reviewed it in class. I wept as I listened to it today on video, and I see him as a prophet to help prepare the way of the Lord in due time, especially the Bible quote.

And Tasha Cobb sings a song with a similar style. I'll try and post it here also.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

Tasha Cobb singing,
"Break Every Chain," a moving, powerful contemporary gospel song about the power of the Name of Jesus.

Recorded in Montgomery, Alabama, June 12, 2012 from her album, "Grace" (2013). It was composed by Will Reagan, produced by VaShawn Mitchell with guest vocals Timuey Ferguson from Hezekiah Walkers Love Fellowship Crusade Choir.

Label: EMI Gospel, Motown Gospel.

Posted in honor of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day, a national holiday in America, a civil rights leader during the Presidency of John F. Kennedy.
Both leaders, humanly flawed like us all, lost their lives for what they believed in - freedom in America, freedom in Christ, and freedom throughout the world, which are values shared by neighboring Canada, Mexico, and Latin America. Both were Christians.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

"The Name of Jesus,"
Worship song led by Sinach, a Nigerian Gospel singer, (nee kalu) Osinachi Joseph

Dec 30, 2019
I think Martin Luther King would be sad to see that his dream has not come true. Not that it isn't achievable but that some still want to identify separately and hold onto the racism. Even politicians that exploit the dark days of slavery to play the race card. The idea's that people are not known for their achievements but for the color of their skin. Its sad that politics keeps people in slavery.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I believe that African people were sent to America to free the white man from slavery, and this was revealed, and not just my own idea, and they have blessed America in many ways, and gave America more soul, and have helped free America from racism and bondage, and are the crowning achievement of freedom.