Mary Mother of Jesus: Sinless?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Was Mary the Mother of Jesus without sin?

• Total voters

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
nope. not yr bro which leaves one other choice ;)

seems you know more about the Mary tales than I do but they sound ridiculous

wonder what she thinks of that?
Sorry Sis .. I hope I got it right this time :oops:

7seasrekeyed

Bro, I had been a born again Christian for 20 yrs or more when I become aware of this stuff .. It's incredible and incredibly hidden in plain sight .. It has to be spiritual strongholds to the max and enchantment imo .. But it does humble me kinda sorta to realize I could be vulnerable too if I don't keep careful watch ..

oh ditto on the hidden agenda and spiritual strongholds and lying demonic teaching spirits operating through people who are susceptible and other things and stuff we do not really want to know o_O:cautious::censored:

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
To say mary is sinless is to call God a liar. Are you bold enough to do that?
So are you justified by the law to say Mary isn't sinless?

Ironic how someone who claims to be saved by grace would impute sin upon on someone who found favor with God, being his grace.

Is it not written, "And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God." (Luke 1:30)

"For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed."

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Rom 4:8

KJV

Sep 6, 2014
You're absolutely right. Correct. You got it. :) We were just speaking of those who are unable to understand the word of God. Thank you for your contribution. Being there have been many scriptures that prove Mary was sinless, forgiven of her sins, when she was highly favored, the Greek meaning of favored includes grace, in her case, graced, or grace filled, by God prior to the task He set before her; to deliver the Messiah to the world as the son of man and the Son of God.

You are unable to comprehend that. And that is as God wills. And I can see why. You have no grace to exhibit even at a keyboard in a Christian community. Your hate does not disguise your lack.
God help you.
You shall continue in your vitriol and prove my words. While I shall never again read them. 2 Timothy 2:16
No the Scriptures DO NOT prove Mary was sinless.

She was highly favored and blessed among women to carry the body prepared by God to pay for our sins.

She WAS NOT full of grace, and the Scriptures do not support your erroneous position of a sinless Mary, nor do they support that she was full of grace.

No matter how hard you attempt to twist the Scriptures, you can not prove either position from the Scriptures.

Who was full of grace? Jesus Christ...
Not Mary.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Who was without sin? Jesus Christ...
Not Mary.

1 Peter 2:22
"Who committed no sin, neither was deceit found in His mouth."

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
No the Scriptures DO NOT prove Mary was sinless.

She was highly favored and blessed among women to carry the body prepared by God to pay for our sins.

She WAS NOT full of grace, and the Scriptures do not support your erroneous position of a sinless Mary, nor do they support that she was full of grace.

No matter how hard you attempt to twist the Scriptures, you can not prove either position from the Scriptures.

Who was full of grace? Jesus Christ...
Not Mary.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Who was without sin? Jesus Christ...
Not Mary.

1 Peter 2:22
"Who committed no sin, neither was deceit found in His mouth."

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Here is an interesting article on the subject - https://carm.org/catholic/mary-full-grace-and-luke-128

Sep 6, 2014
"Mary was a very blessed woman. She was graced with the privilege of being able to bear the Son of God. We should never forget her high privilege in this respect. However, we must not elevate her to a level beyond that which is prescribed in Scripture. To do so is to be in error--the very error that is taught in the Roman Catholic Church.

We urge Roman Catholics not look to Mary. Instead, they should look to Jesus alone. He alone is the sinless one, the perfect one, the Lord, the mediator, the forgiver of our sins. It is he alone to whom we should appeal and trust for the forgiveness of our sins. We should not look to any creature no matter how blessed that creature may be."

(Source)

A big AMEN to that.

P

pottersclay

So are you justified by the law to say Mary isn't sinless?

Ironic how someone who claims to be saved by grace would impute sin upon on someone who found favor with God, being his grace.

Is it not written, "And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God." (Luke 1:30)

"For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed."

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Rom 4:8

KJV
By the law?....By truth which is found in scripture.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I see this statement alot that God can do as he wishes......not so. If that were the case there would be no reason for doctrine.
God works with in his word....his law and statues.. that's how we come to know him and can see his mighty works.
There is no Luke warm with God. As your position seems to be.
The truth is right in front of any one that is seeking.
Don't care what the beleif is the question is what is the truth.
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. All need to repent. All need to be born again.
You cannot enter any other way.
To say mary is sinless is to call God a liar. Are you bold enough to do that?
Question is why are we so focused on if Mary was sinless or not when God's word planly says no.
She didn't die for me. She didn't make any sacrafices for me. She is not my savior not my high priest. Which is by the way a requirement.
To pray to her, to raise her statues to be as Christ is blasphemy.
God said listen to my son. Do as he says. Show me any red letters that tell us to go to Mary for anything and I will fully apologize to this forum .
This is the doctrine of demons. That is why I hate it. It is futile non factual garbage. Mans reason to reinvent God to his understanding.
Many of the saints blood has stained this doctrine of hell and Satan once again laughs.
"You shall have no other God's before me" clear enough?
Go ahead pray and worship her. Better yet let's change the word of God .
Mary was a prepared vessel since gen 3 a woman according to what scripture tells us that loved the Lord. Yet was just as baffled as the rest of the early followers.
In fact Jesus himself said we are more blessed than those who have seen.
I wonder if sisters and brothers here know that anti-Catholic bigotry is a sin.

Will Holy Spirit God indwell someone who is dead in their sins?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I wonder if sisters and brothers here know that anti-Catholic bigotry is a sin.

Will Holy Spirit God indwell someone who is dead in their sins?
Hatred is a sin, but to say catholic doctrine not biblical is not hatred. It is love

To say catholic doctrine biblical is hatred

Love mean we don't want anybody pray to the dead, invite the dead to come to their heart.

It lead you to hell, we love you and tell you the real teaching of Jesus.

To make you Happy and not hate us, we simply say pray to Mary is biblical, Mary able to hear billion catholic like God, than you going to love us but go to hell.
So we take a Risk for Being hate because of love

We learn what Jesus did, Being hate, killed oN the cross for the benefide of His haters

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Hatred is a sin, but to say catholic doctrine not biblical is not hatred. It is love

To say catholic doctrine biblical is hatred

Love mean we don't want anybody pray to the dead, invite the dead to come to their heart.

It lead you to hell, we love you and tell you the real teaching of Jesus.

To make you Happy and not hate us, we simply say pray to Mary is biblical, Mary able to hear billion catholic like God, than you going to love us but go to hell.
So we take a Risk for Being hate because of love

We learn what Jesus did, Being hate, killed oN the cross for the benefide of His haters
You conflated two different excerpts from my full post.
This excerpt: Will Holy Spirit God indwell someone who is dead in their sins? Was addressed to Potters, as was the whole post in fact.
To address your remarks about the Catholic doctrine, we do not teach love by hating the faith people currently hold.

Jesus said to love those who hate us. Therefore, if we think hating a people who hold faith in Catholic doctrine, is of God we're wrong. And hating the doctrine is still hate. Countless people died in past history because they were Catholic. Just as countless Protestants died because they were Protestants. And of other faith practices also. Those people were all put to death because their murderers hated the faith they were a member of. And the purpose of the mass slaughter was to lead those who stood as witness and survived the slaughter to the faith that was practiced by the respective murderers.

That's not the love of God at work. That's something else. Then and now. Just because we no longer burn Papists at the stake doesn't mean that hatred for Catholicism assumes any other profile than that of past history. Hate is a virus. It mutates and adapts and kills.

Bigotry is a sin.

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Solomon said a time to love and a time to hate... blasphemy...and murder and the loss of 1.4 billion souls from a lie that the Antichrist Will rise from is no game...if people can pray to lots of things not God that's idolatry...and it's high time we got things right in our head just how evil Catholicism is...for Mormon is bad and others like it...but they are small to the great whore

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
You conflated two different excerpts from my full post.
This excerpt: Will Holy Spirit God indwell someone who is dead in their sins? Was addressed to Potters, as was the whole post in fact.
To address your remarks about the Catholic doctrine, we do not teach love by hating the faith people currently hold.

Jesus said to love those who hate us. Therefore, if we think hating a people who hold faith in Catholic doctrine, is of God we're wrong. And hating the doctrine is still hate. Countless people died in past history because they were Catholic. Just as countless Protestants died because they were Protestants. And of other faith practices also. Those people were all put to death because their murderers hated the faith they were a member of. And the purpose of the mass slaughter was to lead those who stood as witness and survived the slaughter to the faith that was practiced by the respective murderers.

That's not the love of God at work. That's something else. Then and now. Just because we no longer burn Papists at the stake doesn't mean that hatred for Catholicism assumes any other profile than that of past history. Hate is a virus. It mutates and adapts and kills.

Bigotry is a sin.
So you believe that we must love the doctrine of killing.

Let say. Isis believe killing Christian is good, that is their faith,
Can we say that faith is wrong?

If we say that faith us wrong. Is that mean we hate them?

To me It is all the way around

When we say. We love your faith brother. Keep killing Christian, that is hate, we do not care his soul. He is going to hell.

We love them. Not kill them but love them, teach them the bible.
That is what happen with catholic, their teaching is demonic, believe Mary able to hear billions people like God we not suppose to kill them, but to love to tell them that they are deceived by the teaching of pagan that pretend to be christian

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
To say catholic doctrine is unbiblical doesn't mean kill catholic member.

Killing is not new testament teaching, but tell the truth is

So If the teaching wron we have to say wrong, that is tell the truth, and that is love

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
By the law?....By truth which is found in scripture.
Yes, by the law. If you are going accuse someone of sin then doesn't the scriptures tell you that whosoever commits sin also transgresses the law, for sin is transgression of the law. So therefore what law do you accuse her of transgressing, being a corrupt tree bearing good fruit? [See 1 Thess 5:21]

But then again, isn't it written in scripture that the carnal mind is not subject to the law of truth, neither can it be because it is at enmity with the LORD.

Jun 10, 2019
Q
Yes, by the law. If you are going accuse someone of sin then doesn't the scriptures tell you that whosoever commits sin also transgresses the law, for sin is transgression of the law. So therefore what law do you accuse her of transgressing, being a corrupt tree bearing good fruit? [See 1 Thess 5:21]

But then again, isn't it written in scripture that the carnal mind is not subject to the law of truth, neither can it be because it is at enmity with the LORD.
Huh well this statement seems sort of saying hey what’s this got to do with, kind of sounds like a enmity

John 2
4“Woman, why does this concern us?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

Jun 10, 2019
Yea some might find it hard to believe Mary was concerned with worldly things like making sure everyone is nice and sauced up at the wedding reception

Jun 10, 2019
the Bible is full of people who didn’t have a perfect sinless life yet God found favor in them, Moses, David Simon Peter, Paul, Tamar, Jonah and others, a reason I haven't read mentioned yet is the genealogy for it seems that was a reason she was chosen as Joseph as well regardless of being sinless or not.

Jun 10, 2019
Oddly enough Catholics are not the only ones with these intercessors, islam has them also it’s called Tawassul