Mary Mother of Jesus: Sinless?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Was Mary the Mother of Jesus without sin?

• Total voters
Jun 10, 2019
I agree it seems contrary to the purpose of the Bible itself. It is God's words to the world. Who can rightly copyright that?
No doubt, I read a lot of them for comparison, I’ve been liking the new heart English bible completely free to use it’s in public domain, it has a lot of foot notes

https://nheb.net/

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Catholics pray to Mary and Jesus is the Only Mediator

Catholics have a false gospel and are not born again on lies

The pope said evolution is ok
The implication is

Catholic believe Mary and other saint able to hear billion people who pray to them

Kind of put Mary in God level.

The title :queen of heaven is pagan roman goddess

Nov 8, 2019
London, England
thats simply not at all true. you quote a verse while not understanding what it means

it is the heart that God deals with and Abraham obeyed God...that was a result of his faith in God

Abraham was born and died about 450 years BEFORE Moses

Moses was the one God used to give the law to ancient Israel

I have no doubt you will stick stubbornly to your private interpretation and remain ignorant because of it

and you are not about to tell me anything about why God sent His Son since you cannot understand there were covenants BEFORE
Moses time
Matthew 1:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Elohim/God wants Sinless and Perfect Disciples according to the Image of his Son Yeshua/Jesus and he sent his Son Yeshua/Jesus for that sole purpose.

Are you prepared to accept the possibility that you are ignorant? How many Covenants are there?

E

eternally-gratefull

Matthew 1:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Elohim/God wants Sinless and Perfect Disciples according to the Image of his Son Yeshua/Jesus and he sent his Son Yeshua/Jesus for that sole purpose.

Are you prepared to accept the possibility that you are ignorant? How many Covenants are there?
yet jesus disciples were not sinless perfect.

I guess they failed to get the memo

E

eternally-gratefull

I was in no way implying you lied. Many non-Catholics have been led to believe Catholics worship Mary. They do not. They respect her, they venerate her, which is sometimes thought in this case synonymous with worship, however, when Catholics say they do not worship Mary, are they lying?
if the church says they do not. Yes, they are lying.

Now certain people in the church may not go overboard and worship her as mother God. But the church in its practices do.

E

eternally-gratefull

I would say some do worship her . Also some that don’t believe they worship her .
Here is something concerning one of the Marian Dogmas
Mediatrix of all graces is a Title that the Catholic Church gives to the Mary as the Mother of God, it includes the understanding that she mediates the Divine Grace. In addition to Mediatrix, other titles are given to her in the Church: Advocate, Helper, Benefactress In a papal encyclical of 8 September 1894, Pope Leo XIII said: "The recourse we have to Mary in prayer follows upon the office she continuously fills by the side of the throne of God as Mediatrix of Divine grace."
There is a strong push by some conservative Catholic for a new dogma to call her the Co-Redemptrix meaning that both Mary and Jesus are the sources of the grace in salvation.
Do some looking around on the net . I suggest don’t look at apologetics sites but look at the Catholic ones. Look up the two terms Mediatrix and Co-Redemptrix don’t take my word do some leg work. Check out several places to get a gist of what is being said
Blessings
Bill
investigate?

How dare you?..lol

Nov 8, 2019
London, England
yet jesus disciples were not sinless perfect.

I guess they failed to get the memo
Matthew 5:48 King James Version (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Disciples are pupils of the Sinless and Perfect Image. Yeshua/Jesus never speaks idle words and he said, "Be Perfect as your Father in heaven is Perfect". The Son of the Devil/Satan never speaks idle words either and also is Perfectionist.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
regarding what Jesus said: are you perfect?
You remind me of someone but I can't figure out who right now but why are you asking me, why don't you ask Jesus and see what he says? Oh that's right, you wouldn't believe him if he did tell you would you? ;)

I actually feel bad for the guy, here he asks those who he bought for price to do something that would set them free and like you said, if I say I am perfect you and each one of you will laugh because you know that no one is perfect. Considering Luke 22:63-64, I guess you mean Jesus too.:cry:

if you say yes, people will laugh because each one of us knows that no one is perfect
Well, if you think someone being perfect is funny, then consider Ex. 8:19, but I guess after this conversation then the answer to whether I am perfect depends upon whether or not talking with the dead is considered being a necromancer.:ROFL:
But more specifically if talking with the person who was dead had been resurrected or is any communication once someone is dead as considered to be a necromancer. Since begin perfect before the LORD is revealed by Deuteronomy 18:10-13 :geek:

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019
She probably wasn't entirely sinless, but she was close to being the perfect woman.

King James Bible
But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

And she kept everything in her heart.

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019

Disciples are pupils of the Sinless and Perfect Image. Yeshua/Jesus never speaks idle words and he said, "Be Perfect as your Father in heaven is Perfect". The Son of the Devil/Satan never speaks idle words either and also is Perfectionist.
I'd like to add to this chat, that sanctification is a lifelong process. Practicing our perfection pushes us closer to the goal, but we can't be truly complete yet in this life. Even so, we must keep doing our best.

E

eternally-gratefull

yet the disciples were not perfect.

You have a problem!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm I think Jesus actually did hear people praising his mum for giving birth to him and Jesus actually said something about how those are blessed who hear the word of God and do them.

Luke 11:28

I dont think he meant to put Mary down or imply she wasnt favoured or obedient but maybe just to say even if Mary was totally perfect and. blessed, actually we can be blessed too if WE obey God.

ANother thing is, for a lot of us, we can see our own mothers are not perfect. They can neglect us and let us down, or abuse us if not physically but verbally. So its a bit simplistic to have this idea that all mothers (who, just by giving birth) are sinless.

I think Mary must have gone through a lot of pain and sorrow when Jesus was crucified knowing she couldnt do much about it except pray.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
if the church says they do not. Yes, they are lying.

Now certain people in the church may not go overboard and worship her as mother God. But the church in its practices do.
You realize that is an absurd argument against the church. For as long as the RCC has been extant in the world, with over 1 billion people aligned in the faith across the globe, and having power as well as one of the smallest sovereign dictatorships, with untold monies in the global Vatican banking system, they have no need to lie. Their authority for Catholics is well established. Their footprint as a political entity is as well.

Perhaps you are unaware that early Christians not affiliated with the RCC,venerated Mary.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
The Book of Proverbs chapter 21
21.Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor.

yet the disciples were not perfect.

You have a problem!
Perhaps you may consider it is you that have the problem. Context in scripture is key here. The New Testament was written in Koine (Common) Greek.

The Book of Matthew 5 - see verse 48
τέλειος (teleios)

Strong: G5046
GK: G5455
brought to completion; fully accomplished, fully developed, Jas. 1:4a; fully realized, thorough, 1 Jn. 4:18; complete, entire, as opposed to what is partial and limited, 1 Cor. 13:10; full grown of ripe age, 1 Cor. 14:20; Eph. 4:13; Heb. 5:14; fully accomplished in Christian enlightenment, 1 Cor. 2:6; Phil. 3:15; Col. 1:28; perfect in some point of character, without shortcoming in respect of a certain standard, Mt. 5:48; 19:21; Col. 4:12; Jas. 1:4b; 3:2; perfect, consummate, Rom. 12:2; Jas. 1:17, 25; compar. of higher excellence and efficiency, Heb. 9:11

E

eternally-gratefull

You realize that is an absurd argument against the church. For as long as the RCC has been extant in the world, with over 1 billion people aligned in the faith across the globe, and having power as well as one of the smallest sovereign dictatorships, with untold monies in the global Vatican banking system, they have no need to lie. Their authority for Catholics is well established. Their footprint as a political entity is as well.

Perhaps you are unaware that early Christians not affiliated with the RCC,venerated Mary.
lol
ok
whatever
fact are facts
the Pharisees keep the law also

sometimes I think you just like to argue

E

eternally-gratefull

The Book of Proverbs chapter 21
21.Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor.
I agree
but if you think your going to pursue it by following the law you will fail miserably

Perhaps you may consider it is you that have the problem. Context in scripture is key here. The New Testament was written in Koine (Common) Greek.

The Book of Matthew 5 - see verse 48
τέλειος (teleios)

Strong: G5046
GK: G5455
brought to completion; fully accomplished, fully developed, Jas. 1:4a; fully realized, thorough, 1 Jn. 4:18; complete, entire, as opposed to what is partial and limited, 1 Cor. 13:10; full grown of ripe age, 1 Cor. 14:20; Eph. 4:13; Heb. 5:14; fully accomplished in Christian enlightenment, 1 Cor. 2:6; Phil. 3:15; Col. 1:28; perfect in some point of character, without shortcoming in respect of a certain standard, Mt. 5:48; 19:21; Col. 4:12; Jas. 1:4b; 3:2; perfect, consummate, Rom. 12:2; Jas. 1:17, 25; compar. of higher excellence and efficiency, Heb. 9:11
John
if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves

I think John knew the disciples better than you did. I would listen to him and stop your petty stuff

forgive me for disagreeing with you when people do that it seems to put a target on their head

i Am finished. I Will Pray for you

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I just now looked it up and it seems kinda vague except something to do with counting or keeping up .. Maybe some one who uses them can answer .. I used to get 20 of something ''small clover flowers, small stones'' whatever and run 20 laps around a track field and lay one down at the starting point to keep track of my laps or else I'd loose track of how many I had run .. After 4 or 5 laps it's easy to lose count or for me it is anyway ..
I grew up with nuns and priests , and we were give Rosary beads...
We would have to say 10 hail marys and on the single bead , we would have to say One our Father...

This was done all the way around the beads till we come back to the cross...
...xox...

Feb 28, 2016
Mary is asleep awaiting the resurrection -
there is only ONE Intercessor, 'Jesus Christ our Saviour' -
maryolatry is the dictionary meaning of 'turning Mary into an 'idol' = of men's doctrine' -

'many fools led fools who were taught by mules at the schools of demented folly -
they taught the goats to worship an idol dolly called mary, but very few knew , which is Ishtar,
her real name'...