Mary Mother of Jesus: Sinless?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Was Mary the Mother of Jesus without sin?

• Total voters

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
He didn’t he rejected it, do you think Jesus was born with a special body different from his brethren? Different from you
Being the second Adam I see his nature as being human yet with a choice of either to sin or not to sin if you follow ?
Blessings
Bill

Jun 10, 2019
So meaning Jesus had a unfallen human nature, but during his incarnation , he lived in a fallen world. So even the incarnate God was not above our fallen existence. “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin”
Is that your point ?
Blessings
Bill
I think Jesus knew what living in a sinful body was, a human body with a capacity to sin yet he didn’t sin thus conquered sin completely in every facet of it, mind body and spirit

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
I think Jesus knew what living in a sinful body was, a human body with a capacity to sin yet he didn’t sin thus conquered sin completely in every facet of it, mind body and spirit
Ok do humans have the capacity not to sin asides being in a coma .
Blessings
Bill

Jun 10, 2019
Ok do humans have the capacity not to sin asides being in a coma .
Blessings
Bill
I don’t think sin is something that is not controllable, would someone need help in controlling it yes with God anything is possible

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
I don’t think sin is something that is not controllable, would someone need help in controlling it yes with God anything is possible
Ok got ya . Please excuse all the questions . I noticed that way too often ( to quote lead zeppelin ) words can have two meanings lol 😂 I just wanted some clarity. I have had professing Christian folks say Jesus was sinful . They said His human nature signed but His Devine was sinless. So I just wanted to see how ya saw it .
Blessings
Bill

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Ok looks like we have successfully hijacked the thread . Let’s take to to Cuba lol
Apologies folks
Blessings
Bill

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Yea I am following the thread , but perhaps not your line of thinking ( not a insult) . Still I may have over looked a thing or two. Generally in conversation with folks on sin concerning Mary those arguing that she was sinless her entire life use the angel’s greeting as a prooftext . I apparently goofed thinking you were approaching it from that angle. So I take it that you believe that she may have sinned but was regenerate or had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit correct ?
As to the heresy of Apollinarism I agree that Jesus did not have a sin nature. You would have thought that it was taken care of by the Christian Church in 381 . Still it seems to pop up
Blessings
Bill
I have said throughout my posts and point of view on the scripture that Mary was in God's grace when the Angel Gabriel came to her and told her she was favored by God.
Her sins forgiven her, she was the chosen vessel for the delivery of Messiah.
The arguments that Mary was a sinner while carrying God in her womb cannot prove it with scripture. However, it would not be a surprise that those same folks who argue Mary was a sinner then are likely the same one's that insist Jesus could sin, and as such had a sin nature.
The statement some have made, "Jesus could be tempted...." , as they refer to scriptures wherein Satan was there tempting Jesus in the desert and elsewhere actually does not speak to nor of Jesus. Rather, to say, "Jesus could be tempted", puts the light upon Satan the tempter. In other words, "Jesus could be tempted by Satan....". And indeed Satan tempted Jesus.

However, Jesus could not concede and fall into Satan's trap of temptation. God cannot sin.
If the object in that sentence is meant to be Jesus, by those who use that phrase to sustain their argument Jesus had a sin nature, we know they believe God is a sinner capable of sin.
That is not only a Heresy, which is a subjective charge given that in the mind of the Catholics the Protestants are Heretics, and vice versa. However, what is not easily transferable is that it is the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Thinking God is able to sin is Blasphemy. Perhaps out of ignorance this is not something those offenders are aware of. Or worse, is not something they fear.

I don't really think we have adherents of Apollinarism on the forum. I think we may have those who could have Googled for Christian heresies and having read a thing or two pose under those descriptions. There could be a Jehovah Witness, those who believe Jesus did not physically resurrect from death, and Jesus was just a man blessed by God, or a Christadelphian member(s) who believe Jesus had a sin nature, and Christadelphia's are not the only group that believe this.
We are told to rightly divide the word. And this is so that we find the truth of God and His eternal irrevocable message for the world. We know Jesus was always divine and without sin.

29. “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! The Book of John chapter 1

The Epistle of 2nd Corinthians chapter 5:29 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Sadly, this is not priority in those Denominations that adhere to what is rightly identified as Heresy. Are those who argue those Denominations false teachings really members of those churches? It's the Net and we will never know.
However, what we do know is that God is the Holy Spirit, not a man, and as such He does not lie.
Jesus was Holy Spirit God in the womb, and He was sinless. We have God's word on it. :)

These type threads go in circles, back and forth, and as we can see here and elsewhere, especially in the enormity of the "works" thread. And what is accomplished but that our community stays on page 1 of any search engine because we're so busy arguing with one another about what God really means to tell us in His own words.
And the rude posts between Christians really make an impression on unbelievers I'm sure. Christians acting contrary to what Jesus told us was righteous in His eyes. We're to love our enemies, yet we will type for all the world to see evidence we aren't able to love one another? :(

In any case, I ramble. Not unusual for me when I'm on a roll. Thanks for reading this far. If you did. I don't think we're too far apart on this issue.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
I have said throughout my posts and point of view on the scripture that Mary was in God's grace when the Angel Gabriel came to her and told her she was favored by God.
Her sins forgiven her, she was the chosen vessel for the delivery of Messiah.
The arguments that Mary was a sinner while carrying God in her womb cannot prove it with scripture. However, it would not be a surprise that those same folks who argue Mary was a sinner then are likely the same one's that insist Jesus could sin, and as such had a sin nature.
The statement some have made, "Jesus could be tempted...." , as they refer to scriptures wherein Satan was there tempting Jesus in the desert and elsewhere actually does not speak to nor of Jesus. Rather, to say, "Jesus could be tempted", puts the light upon Satan the tempter. In other words, "Jesus could be tempted by Satan....". And indeed Satan tempted Jesus.

However, Jesus could not concede and fall into Satan's trap of temptation. God cannot sin.
If the object in that sentence is meant to be Jesus, by those who use that phrase to sustain their argument Jesus had a sin nature, we know they believe God is a sinner capable of sin.
That is not only a Heresy, which is a subjective charge given that in the mind of the Catholics the Protestants are Heretics, and vice versa. However, what is not easily transferable is that it is the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Thinking God is able to sin is Blasphemy. Perhaps out of ignorance this is not something those offenders are aware of. Or worse, is not something they fear.

I don't really think we have adherents of Apollinarism on the forum. I think we may have those who could have Googled for Christian heresies and having read a thing or two pose under those descriptions. There could be a Jehovah Witness, those who believe Jesus did not physically resurrect from death, and Jesus was just a man blessed by God, or a Christadelphian member(s) who believe Jesus had a sin nature, and Christadelphia's are not the only group that believe this.
We are told to rightly divide the word. And this is so that we find the truth of God and His eternal irrevocable message for the world. We know Jesus was always divine and without sin.

29. “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! The Book of John chapter 1

The Epistle of 2nd Corinthians chapter 5:29 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Sadly, this is not priority in those Denominations that adhere to what is rightly identified as Heresy. Are those who argue those Denominations false teachings really members of those churches? It's the Net and we will never know.
However, what we do know is that God is the Holy Spirit, not a man, and as such He does not lie.
Jesus was Holy Spirit God in the womb, and He was sinless. We have God's word on it. :)

These type threads go in circles, back and forth, and as we can see here and elsewhere, especially in the enormity of the "works" thread. And what is accomplished but that our community stays on page 1 of any search engine because we're so busy arguing with one another about what God really means to tell us in His own words.
And the rude posts between Christians really make an impression on unbelievers I'm sure. Christians acting contrary to what Jesus told us was righteous in His eyes. We're to love our enemies, yet we will type for all the world to see evidence we aren't able to love one another? :(

In any case, I ramble. Not unusual for me when I'm on a roll. Thanks for reading this far. If you did. I don't think we're too far apart on this issue.
It’s cool Whispered. Yea I did read the whole post . I agree that things get out of hand too often between brothers and sisters in Christ. Even if we don’t see eye to eye we shouldn’t behave like the world when we disagree. I am embarrassed to say I fail at times concerning this . I am always reminding myself that we have a higher calling.
Concerning Christ’s nature I do think we are close that’s cool 😎.
On how threads can go in circles . Well I learned one thing . The scenery gets boring when driving in circles , so I try to steer clear of those . Honestly it’s a lot of work to do that . Sometimes it’s best remain silent knowing it will draw another’s anger with no real possibility of reconciliation concerning hot topic issues.
Blessings
Bill

Jun 10, 2019
If a rigged car can motor from Cuba to America, this thread has a chance. ;):p Keep the faith.
That’s was a great story I like that thanks for sharing :)

Off topic sorry though the Amphibious vehicles have gotten out of hand these days lol.

Jun 10, 2019
Hmm some interesting stuff been reading on the topic, head spinner how in the world did the Catholics get Mary’s parents name are those written in scripture?

Although the belief that Mary was sinless, or conceived without original sin, has been widely held since Late Antiquity, the doctrine was not dogmatically defined in the Catholic Church until 1854 when Pope Pius IX, declared ex cathedra, i.e., using papal infallibility, in his papal bull Ineffabilis Deus, the Immaculate Conception to be doctrine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception

Jun 10, 2019
Fascinating. Truly.
Yes it is like how was it possible satan took God and set God on the pinnacle if we are to believe Jesus was God in the flesh?

Matt 4
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,

Jun 10, 2019
Guess peeps are right only 99% like a brethren

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019
That's Pop Christianity you are speaking about. This Mantra you speak of, is what we constantly hear from members of the Fake Denominational and Non-Denominational Churches.

Our post are only intended for those seeking to be Ultra Extreme Religious Fanatics for Elohim/God.
I don't think you took what I said seriously. The Bible says that none of us are without sin, and it also says that we must not sin. That's what I meant, that we won't be without sin no matter what we do, and that we must not create any more sins.

Nov 8, 2019
London, England
I don't think you took what I said seriously. The Bible says that none of us are without sin, and it also says that we must not sin. That's what I meant, that we won't be without sin no matter what we do, and that we must not create any more sins.
YOU MUST BE SINLESS AND PERFECT ACCORDING TO THE SINLESS AND PERFECT IMAGE OF SON YESHUA/JESUS. Is that loud enough. Proclaim this on the rooftops.

E

EleventhHour

YOU MUST BE SINLESS AND PERFECT ACCORDING TO THE SINLESS AND PERFECT IMAGE OF SON YESHUA/JESUS. Is that loud enough. Proclaim this on the rooftops.
Are you sinless?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I wonder where catholic get idea that Mary is free from original sin?

Seem to me original sin that make us physically death

I believe before sin or If Adam not sin he Will never die.

That sin couse Adam and us die, Mary die and catholic believe she free from original sin

This doctrine not only unbiblical but against the bible.

This doctrine is Lie

The title of Mary is queen of heaven, romr religion goddess, this is satanic religion

7seasrekeyed

and you will be lying if you say or shout any such thing

scripture states you make God a liar if you say you have no sin and that was written to BELIEVERS

but you state otherwise

God sees us as complete in His Son but we are not perfect on this earth

7seasrekeyed

10 hail Marys and 1 our Father at the end of each ten tells me who is worshipped , and it was all about Mary...

Even the prayer I was taught was the hail Mary over Our Father...

seems like repetitive prayer is also not frowned upon

seems what Jesus said about doing that sort of thing, like a robot, is ignored

we have on the one hand the story of the woman crying out to the judge who finally answers her, but that is not the same

and then we are told they do not pray to Mary....what do they think 'hail Mary' means? they are not saying hail Jesus