Mary Mother of Jesus: Sinless?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Was Mary the Mother of Jesus without sin?

• Total voters

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
seems like repetitive prayer is also not frowned upon

seems what Jesus said about doing that sort of thing, like a robot, is ignored

we have on the one hand the story of the woman crying out to the judge who finally answers her, but that is not the same

and then we are told they do not pray to Mary....what do they think 'hail Mary' means? they are not saying hail Jesus
Matthew 23:9
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Every Sunday we were made to go confession , and say " Forgive me father for i have sinned "...

I remember sitting in the confession box thinking " What do I say to him this week " and often finding myself lying , making up something like swearing as I never understood the whole thing about sinning because I was never taught that Jesus died for my sins ...
...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I wonder where catholic get idea that Mary is free from original sin?

Seem to me original sin that make us physically death

I believe before sin or If Adam not sin he Will never die.

That sin couse Adam and us die, Mary die and catholic believe she free from original sin

This doctrine not only unbiblical but against the bible.

This doctrine is Lie

The title of Mary is queen of heaven, romr religion goddess, this is satanic religion
They also teach that Mary remained a virgin , and that Jude , James was His cousins , they have changed the bible so much , and catholics are not taught to read the bible themselves , only listen to the priest , hence why most of them are living in ignorance , it is sad...
...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

They also teach that Mary remained a virgin , and that Jude , James was His cousins , they have changed the bible so much , and catholics are not taught to read the bible themselves , only listen to the priest , hence why most of them are living in ignorance , it is sad...
...xox...
I think they get it from their roots, paganism

the mother child topic was a very deep and extreme part of all forms of paganistic thinking

7seasrekeyed

Matthew 23:9
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Every Sunday we were made to go confession , and say " Forgive me father for i have sinned "...

I remember sitting in the confession box thinking " What do I say to him this week " and often finding myself lying , making up something like swearing as I never understood the whole thing about sinning because I was never taught that Jesus died for my sins ...
...xox...

it's remarkable that they will turn around and deny what they actually do

it is wonderful that God pulled you out of that religion to new life in Jesus :)

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
That’s was a great story I like that thanks for sharing :)

Off topic sorry though the Amphibious vehicles have gotten out of hand these days lol.
:giggle: That would be a beautiful thing to have if someone lived in a flood zone in the U.S.. And had at least $1.2 million to drop on a "swimming camper".
Great video. Thanks for posting. Hubby loves to fish. He'd see that as an all in one investment. :LOL:

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
...xox...
I am Remember I was read an article. Mithra God have one son and one wife His wife is queen of heaven.

To make inline with mithra religion so catholic teach Mary had only one son.

Basically catholic is Mithra cover by christianity.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
...xox...
I believe catholic not Happy If It member read the bible, because It is esier for them to Lie to ITS member If the member do not know the real teaching of the bible

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Than it apply to every christians they are forgiven because obey and accept Jesus as the only savior

Why we not worship each other? We are sinless like Mary don't we ?
yea I dunno. Its just a silly argument that goes round and round in circles.
just because our sins are forgiven doesnt mean we worship each other since worship is reserved for our God alone.

its like saying Mary is the mother of God when actually she is the mother of Jesus, the son of God, but catholics like to play around with words and scripture and abbreviate stuff, and change meanings.

It makes for confusion. so I wouldnt bother arguing when you mean something and a catholic mean something its the same word but they have a totally different meaning.

eg I might pray meaning I talk to God but praying for a catholic could mean just the act of putting their hands together and bowing down to the ground.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
yea I dunno. Its just a silly argument that goes round and round in circles.
just because our sins are forgiven doesnt mean we worship each other since worship is reserved for our God alone.

its like saying Mary is the mother of God when actually she is the mother of Jesus, the son of God, but catholics like to play around with words and scripture and abbreviate stuff, and change meanings.

It makes for confusion. so I wouldnt bother arguing when you mean something and a catholic mean something its the same word but they have a totally different meaning.

eg I might pray meaning I talk to God but praying for a catholic could mean just the act of putting their hands together and bowing down to the ground.
My catholic friend ask me, why don't you pray to Mary, she is jesus mother, you know mother have influence to her son like your mother to you

The problem is my mother born before me but Jesus exist before mary, and Jesus is God who create mary.

So mary must pray to Jesus like us.

Mar 28, 2016
...xox...
They like the faithless Jewish fathers as oral traditions of sinful men called a law of the fathers. They simply create another written form that they say is a Divine source of faith. Combining the false with the real making the one true divine to no effect through the law of the fathers And see no evil in making the word of God without effect.

The Mormons do the same with the book of Mormon law (another testament ) another master. . . false prophecy . This is even though no man can serve two teaching Masters. The first commandment; "no other gods". Not one.

The law of the fathers (the law of the father of lies, Satan the god of this world) the law of the fathers is used to make the word of God without effect. So that certain venerable men can lord it over the exclusive faith that does alone come from hearing the true Devine Master . The law of our father(singular) in heaven not seen. The one teaching Master teaching us how to walk by His faith as it is written. Giving us the tools needed to obey the loving commandment. Walk by faith bot by sight..

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Paragraph # 80 - Book of Catholic law of the fathers. . . law of men verse 80
#80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal.
Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

How many such things? John 21 reveals how many. . Volumes that could of been written. We would need a bigger planet any many trees to write them down . The same verse Catholic use to make the word of God to no effect. Saying it promotes oral traditions of men as a law of the fathers.. the same kind. Jesus replied to. Peter get behind me Satan, you have the things of men seen the temporal in mind and not the unseen things of faith revealed by our father in heaven.

They that walk after what the eye sees naturally give their approval to Peter who started the false prophecy as a oral tradition of men denying Christ over and over as Christ taught Peter how to walk by faith. (hear God) He it would seem fed Peter with the milk of the word teaching him God is gracious. Peter is seen growing up somewhat later as Christ increased his faith or hearing of. . . .Jesus never said John would not die. but, If he would be patient until he comes on the last day helping to calm his anxieties . . Not changing the corrupted flesh into the incorruptible for those who walk by sight...

Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. John 20 :22-26

One warning like above should be enough to encourage a believer not go above all things written in the law and the prophets.(sola scriptura) .

7seasrekeyed

LOL, I'm sure the Catholics appreciate ya'll clarifying their confusion....

haha

so funny

thing is though, do we care what the Catholics think or do we care what God thinks?

since so many think Catholicism is the great whore of Babylon, I don't know myself but many think so, maybe better to practice what God tells us to practice and sinless Mary does not and never did exist

haha so funny :rolleyes:

oh just one more thing though

this is not a Catholic site. if you ever go on one, they are really not quite as their representatives here

y'all are going to go to hell unless you believe just like them but thankfully, they are going to be judged. they will not do the judging

7seasrekeyed

the Catholic church says they do pray to Mary...but who needs them to say that ? when a person is fingering their rosary or prayer beads and saying Hail Mary (etc) that is a prayer. Prayer beads mean anything?

quite the false rabbit trails. sounds like someone is ashamed of what Catholics do and is trying to dodge and run

saying Mary was sinless is a lie. the Bible says no such thing and it is one of many false beliefs of the Catholic church

don't make this about a red herring...besides, Catholics do pray to Mary

First of all, Catholics actually do spend a lot of time praying directly to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We do not have to look too far, just a casual peruse of the text of the Mass is evidence enough that the whole celebration is centered on worshiping God the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.
As to why Catholics “pray to” the saints, more precisely, we petition to the saints to pray for us before God, or to pray with us to obtain favors from God. This is actually not strange at all if we see the saints as our friends.
Both Protestants and Catholics alike would readily agree that it is a Christian practice that we pray for each other and with each other. This is what the disciples did in Jesus’ time, and what the early Christians did in the time of the Acts of the Apostles. Both Protestants and Catholics practise intercession today. We would gather with brothers and sisters to pray for the needs of the community. We would also ask others to pray for particular special needs.

“Interceding through the saints is the same, except even more powerful. o_O As Catholics, we believe the saints are alive and active before God. And they are also our friends and heroes. We want them to pray with us and pray for our needs, just like we want our brothers and sisters on earth to do the same.”​
yup as Catholics we believe something other than what scripture states :rolleyes:

Catholic site for source

so cute the way they try to dodge it though by saying we pray to the saints (not just Mary but most of us know at least that much) to pray for earthlings to obtain favors fro God and the last indented paragraph there states using saints to pray to so they will pray for, is even more powerful

this is a crazy religion. throw out the NT, forget Jesus as your mediator and High Priest and run around after dead people who have more sway with God then you do

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
the Catholic church says they do pray to Mary...but who needs them to say that ? when a person is fingering their rosary or prayer beads and saying Hail Mary (etc) that is a prayer. Prayer beads mean anything?

quite the false rabbit trails. sounds like someone is ashamed of what Catholics do and is trying to dodge and run

saying Mary was sinless is a lie. the Bible says no such thing and it is one of many false beliefs of the Catholic church

don't make this about a red herring...besides, Catholics do pray to Mary

First of all, Catholics actually do spend a lot of time praying directly to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We do not have to look too far, just a casual peruse of the text of the Mass is evidence enough that the whole celebration is centered on worshiping God the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.
As to why Catholics “pray to” the saints, more precisely, we petition to the saints to pray for us before God, or to pray with us to obtain favors from God. This is actually not strange at all if we see the saints as our friends.
Both Protestants and Catholics alike would readily agree that it is a Christian practice that we pray for each other and with each other. This is what the disciples did in Jesus’ time, and what the early Christians did in the time of the Acts of the Apostles. Both Protestants and Catholics practise intercession today. We would gather with brothers and sisters to pray for the needs of the community. We would also ask others to pray for particular special needs.

“Interceding through the saints is the same, except even more powerful.o_O As Catholics, we believe the saints are alive and active before God. And they are also our friends and heroes. We want them to pray with us and pray for our needs, just like we want our brothers and sisters on earth to do the same.”​
yup as Catholics we believe something other than what scripture states :rolleyes:

Catholic site for source

so cute the way they try to dodge it though by saying we pray to the saints (not just Mary but most of us know at least that much) to pray for earthlings to obtain favors fro God and the last indented paragraph there states using saints to pray to so they will pray for, is even more powerful

this is a crazy religion. throw out the NT, forget Jesus as your mediator and High Priest and run around after dead people who have more sway with God then you do
We were told to wear ST Christopher medals to keep us safe , to pray to ST Anthony if we lost something and could not find it ...

Have you ever seen the vids recorded secretly in the vatican of all their idols they worship , and looked at what really symbolic signs that the pope has a round this throne he sits on , it is worship of the sun god , it really is all disturbing , if one does not know about the symbolic signs of worshipping false gods , they will never see the darkness of their religion they worship...
...xox...

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
We were told to wear ST Christopher medals to keep us safe , to pray to ST Anthony if we lost something and could not find it ...

Have you ever seen the vids recorded secretly in the vatican of all their idols they worship , and looked at what really symbolic signs that the pope has a round this throne he sits on , it is worship of the sun god , it really is all disturbing , if one does not know about the symbolic signs of worshipping false gods , they will never see the darkness of their religion they worship...
...xox...
It’s always difficult when discussing the RCC.
On one hand they were adamant about keeping the NT writings pure and spreading the Gospel. On the other the RCC since it’s foundation has been its own “Faith” so to speak. It’s hard to decipher as there is about 1400 years of Church history.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
It’s always difficult when discussing the RCC.
On one hand they were adamant about keeping the NT writings pure and spreading the Gospel. On the other the RCC since it’s foundation has been its own “Faith” so to speak. It’s hard to decipher as there is about 1400 years of Church history.
I feel sorry for the people being drawn into this religion , because they do not realise who they are following...
They worship the pope instead of Jesus , am not saying all in the RCC are , but majority do worship the pope as their god...

The pope and his priest know who they follow , and sure is not God our Father...
...xox...

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I feel sorry for the people being drawn into this religion , because they do not realise who they are following...
They worship the pope instead of Jesus , am not saying all in the RCC are , but majority do worship the pope as their god...

The pope and his priest know who they follow , and sure is not God our Father...
...xox...
I heard some Catholics say they knew more about Mary than Jesus. I could see this as being somewhat true. And the justification is the Church has the authority under the decree of the Pope to say what is and isn’t official Biblical doctrine.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I heard some Catholics say they knew more about Mary than Jesus. I could see this as being somewhat true. And the justification is the Church has the authority under the decree of the Pope to say what is and isn’t official Biblical doctrine.
I agree...
The pope is working towards NWO , ( new world order ) already , he has claimed all religions serve one God , and is speaking of this false peace that is going to unite us all , it reminds me what the bible speaks of...

This is the prayer I was taught to pray to Mary...

Hail Mary
full of grace
the LORD be with you
blessed are thou among women ,and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
holy Mary , mother of God
PRAY FOR US SINNERS
NOW AND AT THE END OF OUR DEATH Amen.

Mar 28, 2016
I agree...
The pope is working towards NWO , ( new world order ) already , he has claimed all religions serve one God , and is speaking of this false peace that is going to unite us all , it reminds me what the bible speaks of...

This is the prayer I was taught to pray to Mary...

Hail Mary
full of grace
the LORD be with you
blessed are thou among women ,and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
holy Mary , mother of God
PRAY FOR US SINNERS
NOW AND AT THE END OF OUR DEATH Amen.
Yes in the words "full of grace" is where their doctrine takes a turn to the dark side and does despite to the Grace of Christ.

They would have others believe it is the grace of Mary as well as the Mercy of Mary .Calling her the Mother of mercy..

She received mercy and grace just as any sinner. Never becoming the source as the venerable ones that would have the Pew Catholics believe. . But only God not seen dispenses grace and mercy according to his finished labor of love, or work of His faith .

Our blessed sister in the Lord Mary was not crucified for the sins of the world .

They say she alone received the fullness of grace.Everyone else a unknow remnant .And ongoing work of hell that reaches beyond this realm under the Sun . For a unknow remnant of time, in unknow place called purgatory .

We can have our differences called heresies as private interpretation or a personal commentaries . But hose who despite to grace denying the Lord that bought (not a down payment) them we can judge as those who have no light of the gospel .Making necromancy the foundation of their hope.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.