Mary of Bethany and Her Costly Oil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BeyondET

The anointment was rejected three times also once by judas another by the other disciples and another by the Pharisee. hence Peter says he doesn't know Jesus three times also.

Those 3's lots of three's symbolic meaning.

C

ceper

John 12 says they were a the house of Martha. Matt 26 says they are at Simon's house, Luke 7 says hey were at a Pharisees house.

It has to 3 different accounts and not the same woman.
not luke but mark 14, and yoh:12

Nov 14, 2016
Matthew 26:6-13. "Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon, the leper, There came unto Him a woman having an alabaster box of very costly ointment, and poured it on his head, as he was eating. But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, to what purpose is this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for much, an given to the poor. When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the poor always with you, but me ye have not always. For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. Verily I say unto you, Wherever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done,be told for a memorial of her."
***Matthew 25*** Get Your Oil and Pour it on The Lord...

Nov 14, 2016
Matthew 26:6-13. "Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon, the leper, There came unto Him a woman having an alabaster box of very costly ointment, and poured it on his head, as he was eating. But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, to what purpose is this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for much, an given to the poor. When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the poor always with you, but me ye have not always. For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. Verily I say unto you, Wherever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done,be told for a memorial of her."
***when we give unto the Lord what Mary gave then we will receive the recognition Mary got***this recognition comes in many ways***an example the Scriptures talk about is those who leave father, mother, ect. for the Gospel sake (Mark 10:29, 30)***they can receive an hundred fold***