masonic temple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
Because who knows if the person who wrote the article just made that up?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I looked at some of their temples and saw a few that have crosses in them. It would be odd to have crosses and then forbid the name of Jesus. It would also be odd to have crosses and not be a christian...
Yeah, so I wouldn't believe all that satanic conspiracy crap.
Oh by the way.... Free Masons is not a single unified organization. The Lodges are independent, and don't really associate with each other. A member of one lodge, can't just go to another.

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
In Memphis, the mason temple is called The Church of God in Christ, so I think the article was inaccurate. They mention Christ right on the sign out front. Would be ridiculous to then say you couldn't say His name inside!

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Oh, the places they meet are called lodges. The temples are just lodges that members of different lodges can meet. A lot of Free Masons associate their lodges with crusaders and Knights Templar stuff, although Free Masons have only existed since the 18th century

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
Yeah, so I wouldn't believe all that satanic conspiracy crap.
Oh by the way.... Free Masons is not a single unified organization. The Lodges are independent, and don't really associate with each other. A member of one lodge, can't just go to another.
HUH?? I never said anything about satan...I just wondered what a masonic temple was because my niece is having a wedding shower at one in Pa. So since it said temple, I wondered what denomination the temple was because I've never heard of or seen a mason temple.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
In Memphis, the mason temple is called The Church of God in Christ, so I think the article was inaccurate. They mention Christ right on the sign out front. Would be ridiculous to then say you couldn't say His name inside!
I've never seen a lodge like that around here. They strive not to be a replacement for the Christian Church. Masons are separated in local lodges, and theu all do their own thing, so it's possible.

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
To be honest I wondered if it was jewish because it said temple...never thought it was satanic. The thought never even crossed my mind. But...I guess it crossed yours?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
HUH?? I never said anything about satan...I just wondered what a masonic temple was because my niece is having a wedding shower at one in Pa. So since it said temple, I wondered what denomination the temple was because I've never heard of or seen a mason temple.
I didn't say you did, but we had a poster on page 1 of this thread who did.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
To be honest I wondered if it was jewish because it said temple...never thought it was satanic. The thought never even crossed my mind. But...I guess it crossed yours?
A lot of their operating money comes from renting out the lodges for parties.
I still think you may be looking at something different, I've never seen it called a temple around here.

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
Oh! Well I sure did miss THAT post. That explains it. I thought you were loopy man! :D

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
And I just looked it up.... some buildings are called "temples in philosophy and art."

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
A lot of their operating money comes from renting out the lodges for parties.
I still think you may be looking at something different, I've never seen it called a temple around here.

They apparently have both temples AND lodges. And it seems the temples ARE in fact churches. And if they have crosses in them, I would presume they are christian services. And the one in Memphis, as I said, has a sign out front saying: oops, wait. It says its The Church of God in Christ International Headquarters, so...maybe not a church...

Anyway, I just wondered what a masonic temple was. You say it's a lodge, not a church. More like a meeting hall. I was confused because they call it a temple I guess. At this point I don't even care anymore. I guess I was just thinking her husband to be might be jewish because it said temple! lol.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
they don't.
it is a fraternal order, a club so to speak of persons of good character who are affiliated to do go for others, scholarships, the Shriners, Eastern Star for women, Rainbow girls and De Molay for boys.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
They apparently have both temples AND lodges. And it seems the temples ARE in fact churches. And if they have crosses in them, I would presume they are christian services. And the one in Memphis, as I said, has a sign out front saying: oops, wait. It says its The Church of God in Christ International Headquarters, so...maybe not a church...

Anyway, I just wondered what a masonic temple was. You say it's a lodge, not a church. More like a meeting hall. I was confused because they call it a temple I guess. At this point I don't even care anymore. I guess I was just thinking her husband to be might be jewish because it said temple! lol.
I've just never seen it called a temple around here. I've never seen one have Christian symbols either.
I just looked it up, and some are called temples as in Temple of philosophy and art, which is a classical use of the word temple as in a place of education.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

I just looked up what you're talking about here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_Temple?wprov=sfla1

That is a Pentecostal church, founded by a guy named Mason, not in any way associated with Free Masons.

Feb 28, 2016
do your 'home-work' for real! it's all an off=shoot associated with satanic influences
at every place they put their fingers into...oh the la la landers...
of course they will 'use' the children as an accepted 'cover', I was one of them, and
by the way, my 'maiden last name is 'mason'...and I was never 'freed' until Jesus
delivered me in my 30's...

Last edited:

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
And there you lost me. But no biggie. None I looked at included the word free in it.they just were called masonic temples, not free masonic temples.
Well, the church described in the link, is a one of a kind.