masonic temple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I've known great guys who were mason's, great Christian men to the end.
blessings

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
Ah, yes, I see. It came up when I googled masonic temple but it isn't a masonic temple. Its a church founded by a man with the last name of Mason!

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
Oh hey, then I found this. Because I included the word free in my search.
Emfj.org

These people were members of a cult (according to them).
Still don't know what the difference is between a mason and a free mason, but I think...they are the same?
I have just spent a few hours trying to understand and still don't understand.
Apparently though, people who have BEEN masons believe themselves to have been in a cult...and in their testimonies, they say they got in trouble with their "worshipful masters" for praying and including the name of Jesus in their prayers.

Unless emfj.org is just a bunch of people making up stories of having been masons, which I guess is possible...

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Masons are by nature secretive. They do not want their goings on to be public. They are secular humanists at heart. They are about man improving himself. They have no real need of a Savior and concentrate their activities on bettering society through humanitarian acts.

I had a customer object to one of my co-workers being a mason. The customer complained that the masons are a racist group and radically anti anybody who is not white.

I would not join the masons nor would I encourage someone to join with them.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Every person we meet is an opportunity to minister the gospel of Christ, no one knows what another person
is called to, I know many good Christians in the Lodge.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Yes it said they must believe in "A supreme being." But it also said they are very big on respect for others and that is why you don't mention Jesus' name in the temple?
Masons believe in the Great Architect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U) which is supposedly the one true God, but could mean any god depending on who is praying. He is also the Great Geometrician.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
What exactly is a masonic temple? I couldn't really ascertain it by googling.
It's where Freemasons congregate to worship Lucifer.
Kind of like Mormons (whose religion is a complete rip-off of Masons) most of these
folks are in way over their heads and have no idea what their religion is truly about.

Feb 28, 2016
a good post Huck,

they are 'drugged' into making a pledge and swear their lives to the organization, after un-godly
ceremonial devilish acts and pledges that they don't even remember, not knowing that the 'cult'
belongs to satan' demonic-club house...
and after that swear, they have pledged to serve him and are obligated to do what ever and all that he
dictates them to do,,. ever so sad, but ever so true...we've known quite a few who came to the reality
of what they have done, but only because Jesus called them out for His Name's Sake'...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
And afterwards we go downtown to the ice cream shop and have a nice custard.
blessings

Jan 6, 2018
They are a fraternity with close-held secrets and can supposedly trace their origins back to King Solomon. My father is one and is a great man. They do a lot of charity work and from what I gather, they believe in living right and enlightenment (don't know for sure cause members cant talk about it too much). It's not really a religious group so what you heard might have been a little misconstrued as any monotheist (maybe even a polytheist) can join, so you'll have Christian Masons, Muslim Masons, etc. Women Masons are usually part of a sister sorority version of the Freemasons called The Order of the Eastern Star, though there are some sects of Freemasons that actually allow women into the fraternity. There are actually 4 "real" Masonic temples. The first being the Grand Blue Lodge which was the original, as well as the sorority (The Order of the Eastern Star), then there were 2 more "advanced" temples that Grand Blue Lodge members could become a member of once they achieved the highest rank that they could in the Grand Blue Lodge. These two extra orders are called the York Rite and Scottish Rite. Any weird Illuminati theories usually involve these two orders that came way later than the actual Freemason Blue Lodge. Any people on here talking about the Freemasons being evil don't know what they are talking about as nothing significant has EVER been revealed, ever. It's all speculation and myth on the same websites that claim the KJV is the only valid version of the Bible :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I think I can shed a bit more light here.

My husband and I own a Masonic Lodge (well, a FORMER Masonic Lodge). The lodge building itself was owned by the Masonic Association, but they gave us the building when they could no longer financially sustain it. In the building they have their temple on the second floor -- it has elements of Greek and Roman temples (columns, thrones, etc.) -- but there is a lot of symbolism built into the temple -- certain proportions, measurements, etc. Their rituals are held in their temple space, but they also have an anteroom in which they hold dinners and other social events. Prior to us purchasing the building, the Masons rented out parts of the building - like the first floor was a bank and an insurance agency for a long time. The basement was also used for gatherings, but they rented that space out as well for dinners, receptions, meetings, etc. So, to clarify -- the entire building is called the Lodge, but the space the Masons use for their rituals is called the temple.

Now that we own the building, we have put a coffee shop on the first floor and run our online business in the building as well. We also live in the back of the first floor (it's a BIG building!). The Masons continue to use their temple space and anteroom, but there is another room on the second floor that is being used by AA, the Boy Scouts and other organizations. The basement has REALLY undergone a lot of change. About 1/3 of it is now a Redemption Center, another 1/3 is being used by our business and the final 1/3 is currently being remodeled into a laundry mat.

Now, as to what the Masons believe, I can't really comment on that -- they do, indeed, keep a lot of things secret. I do know that they require all members to believe in a "diety." There is also some OT Scripture in their temple space, so I'm guessing it's based on Judeo-Christian values. I also know they strive for personal betterment and they do some public service philanthropy.

Here is a pic of our building.

lodge christmas decorations.jpg

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
There really isn't anything masonic that is secret, it can all be discovered with research.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
There really isn't anything masonic that is secret, it can all be discovered with research.
True that the internet has not been friendly to your secret society.
It's now well disseminated that freemasonry is modern-day Lucifer-worship which has it's roots
in ancient the ancient Babylonian religion of Nimrod and Semiramis, aka Ishtar, aka Eastern Star.
Whether you are aware of it or not, your "fraternity" is evil at its core.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I know a bunch of Masons. They like to get together, drink, smoke cigars, hold charity dinners, and poke fun at the local Knights of Columbus.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
There may be more spiritual sects with religious beliefs and the like, but these guys are just a bunch old party boys who miss the military or their college fraternity. Re-live the glory days.

Nov 12, 2015
So do you guys think the link I gave in which former members say they were reprimanded for saying the name of Jesus in prayer is just men and women making up false stories? Do you think they are crazy nuts to think they were in a cult?or do you think they are just looking for attention? I mean, what do you think?

Nov 12, 2015
They all say they were there for years and just assumed it was a christian group. They say after years they found out you couldn't use the name Jesus in a prayer. In fact if you read their testimonies, in almost every one of them, it was being reprimanded for this very thing that made them begin to question.

Nov 12, 2015
And the secrecy of their rituals is not like any christian organization I've run across.

Its fine to say its not a christian group and that its a secular group. And I believe the posters in here who say they know christian men who belong to this secular group. But I don't think those christian men know that they forbid using Jesus' name in prayer, because IF they knew that they would of course leave.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Considering the Book of Acts illustrates the faith Christ died to bring us, very few , if any, "christian organizations"
display that true faith.
Huckleberry, and some others,you have my sympathy, you post as an "outward form only" person who claims Christ.
Shriners are affiliated but not the same.
I have read nothing here that is accurate about the blue lodge.
Off to a Christian thread, bye