Mass shooting in El Paso walmart.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Wow this gun control thread has a lot of different issues going right now...lol

As far as the illegal immigrants. I think that is time to stop it. America cannot take anymore. Looks like the melting pot has already boiled over. No room for anymore. Many American's are living in poverty so its time to start taking care of our own first. Just my opinion.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
As for gun control....Gun's are needed for protection. In my neck of the woods, we are over run with bears, mountain lions, wolves, etc. Guns are needed for protection. Without guns we could all become helpless.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Prayers for the families for sure...........for both shooting incidents..........this is just one of them........

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
As for gun control....Gun's are needed for protection. In my neck of the woods, we are over run with bears, mountain lions, wolves, etc. Guns are needed for protection. Without guns we could all become helpless.
YES. But what is not needed is the easy peasy, lemon squeezy way folks can by Assault Rifles which are not needed to protect oneself/family from bears........n such, OR even a person threatening harm to a person or their family. What is also not needed are the Gun Shows where anyone can buy anything deadly with little or no restrictions. Gun Shows have no business being under the protection of the 2nd Amendment in my opinion.

Assault Rifles, and similar weapons that can be modified to fully automatic, as well as, over sized clips should be against the Law, and also not protected by the 2nd Amendment.

I FULLY SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment, but, as with other Amendments, it has been corrupted to give Constitutional protection to things that do not deserve such protection.......in my opinion.

Sooner or later, even the most staunch gun rights guys HAVE to say "enough is enough" and begin to seriously work to change what is going on in America.

Jun 10, 2019
Not really sure how to solve the drug problem, and I've worked in the Mental Health field since I was 21.

Your idea might work, if done in a clinical or rehab type setting. I don't really think that legalizing the drug and putting more on the streets would help. I couldn't even begin to imagine the number of over doses that would happen in a situation like that. So maybe in a rehab type setting for a few months might work. We already have programs where they do that for a few days maybe if they went a few months it just might work????? Who knows, but just substituting one pharmacy drug for another is definitely not working.
I don’t know of any clinic in the U.S. that will give a person straight up heroine, it’s usely something to curb the cravings but like you said they get hooked on the curbs.

I’m not saying to place them on the steeets but in the hands that need it instead of people buying from joe blow down the street.

I think if a country can somehow control the in flux of drugs into the country then they could possibly control the violence that goes with it.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I don’t know of any clinic in the U.S. that will give a person straight up heroine, it’s usely something to curb the cravings but like you said they get hooked on the curbs.

I’m not saying to place them on the steeets but in the hands that need it instead people buying from joe blow down the street.

I think if a country can somehow control the in flux of drugs into the country then they could possibly control the violence that goes with it.
I don't know about heroine, meth. etc, these drugs seem to be very dangerous. But hey, maybe if enough research was performed and doctors deemed it safe maybe they could ween folks off these drugs in a clinical setting. Putting drugs like heroine, meth, crack, etc into the hands of junkies in their own homes without medical supervision, really doesn't seem like a good idea. IMHO

Jun 10, 2019
nature has away of curbing things like the African elephants that are developing smaller tusk due to pressure from hunting and poaching for ivory, according to conservation experts. The average tusk size of African elephants has halved since the mid-19th century.

take away the illegal status would be like growing shorter tusk.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
YES. But what is not needed is the easy peasy, lemon squeezy way folks can by Assault Rifles which are not needed to protect oneself/family from bears........n such, OR even a person threatening harm to a person or their family. What is also not needed are the Gun Shows where anyone can buy anything deadly with little or no restrictions. Gun Shows have no business being under the protection of the 2nd Amendment in my opinion.

Assault Rifles, and similar weapons that can be modified to fully automatic, as well as, over sized clips should be against the Law, and also not protected by the 2nd Amendment.

I FULLY SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment, but, as with other Amendments, it has been corrupted to give Constitutional protection to things that do not deserve such protection.......in my opinion.

Sooner or later, even the most staunch gun rights guys HAVE to say "enough is enough" and begin to seriously work to change what is going on in America.
I agree.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
nature has away of curbing things like the African elephants that are developing smaller tusk due to pressure from hunting and poaching for ivory, according to conservation experts. The average tusk size of African elephants has halved since the mid-19th century.

take away the illegal status would be like growing shorter tusk.
Maybe for some, but for most addicts that I know it would be like murder. If the drug was cheaper and legal then they would undoubtedly overdose.

Jun 10, 2019
I don't know about heroine, meth. etc, these drugs seem to be very dangerous. But hey, maybe if enough research was performed and doctors deemed it safe maybe they could ween folks off these drugs in a clinical setting. Putting drugs like heroine, meth, crack, etc into the hands of junkies in their own homes without medical supervision, really doesn't seem like a good idea. IMHO
Acholol is just as dangerous but hey it’s legal.

Cocaine is less physically addicting than the heroine or opium of those people can go into severe withdrawals.

Jun 10, 2019
Maybe for some, but for most addicts that I know it would be like murder. If the drug was cheaper and legal then they would undoubtedly overdose.
Not if it’s being monitored by a clinic who supply’s them. But there is no place like that in America nor do I think there will be that’s wishful thinking.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Acholol is just as dangerous but hey it’s legal.

Cocaine is less physically addicting than the heroine or opium of those people can go into severe withdrawals.
Yeah, and you see how many alcoholics we have. It is legal and socially acceptable. Could you imagine how many new cocaine addicts there would be if we say hey its legal and socially acceptable. I mean, instead of the Marlboro Man, there would be ads for the Cocaine Man...lol Just can't see that as being helpful.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Not if it’s being monitored by a clinic who supply’s them. But there is no place like that in America nor do I think there will be that’s wishful thinking.
Like I said maybe if these folks were in a rehab type setting. Can't see it as being good in a home setting. I know many people who get the suboxone and even though they are monitored, they still sell it to buy other drugs with the money. It just isn't good to send drugs home with an addict.

Jun 10, 2019
Yeah, and you see how many alcoholics we have. It is legal and socially acceptable. Could you imagine how many new cocaine addicts there would be if we say hey its legal and socially acceptable. I mean, instead of the Marlboro Man, there would be ads for the Cocaine Man...lol Just can't see that as being helpful.
That’s if it was deemed socially acceptable making it legal to get it within a clinic isn’t saying hey let’s make coke snorting ads now.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
That’s if it was deemed socially acceptable making it legal to get it within a clinic isn’t saying hey let’s make coke snorting ads now.
So do you like pina colada....jk...just a little inside joke.

Anyhow, I'm agreeing to disagree here.

Back to the shooting tragedy.... This is really becoming a bad situation. Many people are losing their lives or the lives of family members to this nonsense.

Jun 10, 2019
Like I said maybe if these folks were in a rehab type setting. Can't see it as being good in a home setting. I know many people who get the suboxone and even though they are monitored, they still sell it to buy other drugs with the money. It just isn't good to send drugs home with an addict.
Then our country problems with drugs as no end, there has to be some kind of change.

I found this to be interesting, the United States is ranked 27th in the world for amount of police officers and ranked 1st in total violent crimes.

Jun 10, 2019

Back to the shooting tragedy.... This is really becoming a bad situation. Many people are losing their lives or the lives of family members to this nonsense.
Yes four in the last month or so.

Jun 10, 2019

In 2018 88,000 died do to acholol related deaths and 70,000 to drug related deaths in America, acholol is a bigger killer not but much 18 thousand but still that’s staggering to me.

and the media pushes o my there’s a major drug problem o yea what about acholol, nay it’s ok it’s legal.

Budweiser kills a lot as well.

Yes the shooting was a great tragedy but as well there’s many more that don’t make the media coverage.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
In 2018 88,000 died do to acholol related deaths and 70,000 to drug related deaths in America, acholol is a bigger killer not but much 18 thousand but still that’s staggering to me.

and the media pushes o my there’s a major drug problem o yea what about acholol, nay it’s ok it’s legal.

Budweiser kills a lot as well.

Yes the shooting was a great tragedy but as well there’s many more that don’t make the media coverage.
Yes, there are more alcohol related deaths and it is legal, right. Imagine what would happen if all the illegal drugs became legal. There would more than likely be a skyrocket effect to their stats. They would fall into the hands of more folks, be less supervised, and lead to much more deaths associated from their use.