Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Please do inform us.

Just kidding. Since the rapture has not yet taken place, Revelation chapter 6 has not yet happened, and the revealing to the world hass not yet occurred.

By the way the Church (who is/are salt and light.....both preserving agents), must first be taken out of the world.......

Before the putrefication disease and rot of society can truely manifest. Which of course occurs during the time of the tribulation.
PS
The tares and the wheat should live together till the end.The tares will be gathered first.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Reminds me of Veruca Salt.She always has to go first.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[...] long after the tares were taken away. Or caught away if that's what you want to call it.
I don't want to call it that, because Scripture itself does not.

I did notice that YOU want to call it that.

The "TARES" will not be "harpazo'd [G726]" (which word/action pertains SOLELY TO "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"/us)

PS
The tares and the wheat should live together till the end.
Right. It refers to "STILL-LIVING PERSONS" at the time-slot being referenced (NOT at "our Rapture")... Meaning, "the DEAD IN Christ" (part of "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY") are not a part of this particular "harvest" either! ;)

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I don't want to call it that, because Scripture itself does not.

I did notice that YOU want to call it that.

The "TARES" will not be "harpazo'd [G726]" (which word/action pertains SOLELY TO "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"/us)

Right. It refers to "STILL-LIVING PERSONS" at the time-slot being referenced (NOT at "our Rapture")... Meaning, "the DEAD IN Christ" (part of "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY") are not a part of this particular "harvest" either! ;)
So you believe you will be dead before the harvest?

That's fine but I don't believe everyone in the church will be dead at the time of the end.
The wheat will still be here after the tares are taken away at the time of the end.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ "the DEAD IN Christ" are who will have DIED prior to "our Rapture" (but they will "rise first" [i.e. be "[bodily] resurrected"] before we'll be "caught up [G726 - harpazo] TOGETHER" [at the same time] ;) )

[by contrast, the "WHEAT" and the "TARES" will BOTH be "STILL-LIVING PERSONS" at the time-slot being referenced in Matt13; and neither of THOSE (WHEAT or TARES) will be "harpazo'd [G726]"!! It does NOT PERTAIN to them.]

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
^ "the DEAD IN Christ" are who will have DIED prior to "our Rapture" (but they will "rise first" [i.e. be "[bodily] resurrected"] before we'll be "caught up [G726 - harpazo] TOGETHER" [at the same time] ;) )

[by contrast, the "WHEAT" and the "TARES" will BOTH be "STILL-LIVING PERSONS" at the time-slot being referenced in Matt13; and neither of THOSE (WHEAT or TARES) will be "harpazo'd [G726]"!! It does NOT PERTAIN to them.]
So you are acknowledging you are not of the kingdom.
Why do you feel you should be gathered being you are not of the kingdom?
The righteous remain after the wicked are taken away.
Your not righteous or your not of the kingdom?Why do you believe you are not in the world after the tares are taken away?

Mathew 13:30
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ The "WHEAT" (STILL-LIVING PERSONS [/saints] at the time of His Second Coming TO THE EARTH Rev19) will ENTER the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom age IN THEIR MORTAL BODIES (... however, I [and ALL members of "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"] will NOT be in a "MORTAL body" at that point in the chronology, because Rev19 is NOT "our Rapture" point in the chronology)...

They will be the ONLY ONES who will have the capacity to reproduce / bear children (besides their children / grandchildren born IN/DURING the MK age thereafter, who will also have that capacity).

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Why do you believe you are not in the world after the tares are taken away?
I answered that in a previous post:

[because...]

--we/the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY are not the "WHEAT" harvest;

--there is MORE THAN ONE "harvest" in Scripture and in nature;

--"FIRSTFRUIT" is connected with "harvests" and there is TWO mentions of "FIRSTFRUIT" in Lev23 (the LATTER MENTION, in v.17, says "TWO loaves" and "baken WITH LEAVEN" [re: the "WHEAT" harvest], which is NOT describing US / the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY, which itself is described exactly ELSEwise in Scripture--Check it out!

--more... but this is enough info for the present...

It's NOT that "we/the Church will not be in the world" at that time, but that we will be RETURNING "WITH CHRIST" (in GLORIFIED bodies, that the "WHEAT" harvest saints WILL NOT HAVE as they ENTER the MK age at the time of His Second Coming TO THE EARTH Rev19 [/Matt13]--They will be IN THEIR MORTAL BODIES, and will NEVER have lifted off the earth, as we/the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY *will* have [harpazo'd / caught up [G726]--pertaining SOLELY TO "the Church which is His body," NOT to all other saints of all OTHER time periods)

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

[because...]

--"FIRSTFRUIT" is connected with "harvests" and there is TWO mentions of "FIRSTFRUIT" in Lev23 (the LATTER MENTION, in v.17, says "TWO loaves" and "baken WITH LEAVEN" [re: the "WHEAT" harvest], which is NOT describing US / the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY, which itself is described exactly ELSEwise in Scripture--Check it out!

It's NOT that "we/the Church will not be in the world" at that time, but that we will be RETURNING "WITH CHRIST" (in GLORIFIED bodies, that the "WHEAT" harvest saints WILL NOT HAVE as they ENTER the MK age at the time of His Second Coming TO THE EARTH Rev19 [/Matt13]--They will be IN THEIR MORTAL BODIES, and will NEVER have lifted off the earth, as we/the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY *will* have [harpazo'd / caught up [G726]--pertaining SOLELY TO "the Church which is His body," NOT to all other saints of all OTHER time periods)

So you believe your an angel who will be coming with Christ at the time of the harvest?
Yes Christ said on several occasions that the angels will be coming with him.

I get it,
Your an angel.

Mathew 13:30
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

[because...]

Hey ,here you are again coming with Jesus in the clouds.

Your an angel coming with Jesus.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

[because...]

Here you are again.
Holy angel with Jesus.

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

[because...]

Here you are again coming with Jesus .

Mathew 16
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

I'm just a man.Im not an angel like you.I wont be coming with Jesus when he comes .I will be here on earth.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

[because...]

I've never talked to a real live angel before.Your going to be coming with Jesus to throw people in a fire.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Of course the KJV is correct.

Jesus here is denoting step number 8 of the 12 step Hebrew betrothal ceremony. In fact Jesus is proclaiming the future redemption/restoration of Israel here. This is the intended purpose.

This passage concatenates with Joel 2:14-16 among many many others.,...this pattern repeated everywhere in the OT and NT.

With respect to this betrothal pattern, Israel is awaiting RESTORATION, the Church is awaiting CONSUMATION.

Mat 24:36 (NIV etc.)
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[fn] but only the Father.
"Some manuscripts do not have nor the Son."

Nor should they. The cults make use this erroneously added text ad nauseum in an attempt to diminish the Godhood of Jesus.
Any outlier addition or subtraction that challenges the full Godhood and Deity of Jesus Christ as Omniscient God will always be an error.
This Op continues to be more complicated as it goes.
Let's start back here with the scriptures:
Matthew 24:36
English Standard Version

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

1. Most important versions has the "Son" portion in it.
2. The rules of interpreting scripture states the literal interpretation will be used unless it cannot be proven to be literal, but symbolic. With a symbolic interpretation, other scriptures also must be symbolic to confirm it. Revelation has symbolization in it proven by Daniel, Ezekiel, & other OT books.
This one shows plainly the angels don't know, which is literal. This means "nor the Son" is also literal. This scripture shows no impossibility of being literal. It says what it means & means what it says.
3. Jesus is saying this, & since He did, it's true. That itself should settle it.
But what about one in the trinity knowing everything the other 2 do? WHO SAID the Son must know everything the Father does?
That would imply there's no hierarchy in the trinity, which is false.
How is it that the Father gives Jesus "a name above every name" if they were fully equals?
The Father gives Jesus this name & authority because in the beginning the Father was higher in authority.

1 Corinthians 15:24 24Then comes the end, when he(Christ) delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For “God(Father) has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God(Father) may be all in all.
"God is one" means there is all unity & agreement in the trinity. NOWHERE does the Bible say or imply that the trinity is equal in authority or can read each other's minds.
Only the Father knows because that's the way He wanted it, & Jesus can only do & say what He hears/sees the Father do & say.
Jesus said it literally, so it is literally true.
People say"Jesus said it, I believe it, & that settles it." Not true.
Jesus said it, & that settles it, whether I believe it or not!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

The text in Rev19 says, "ARMIES"... this Greek word (as far as I am aware) never uses the PLURAL of this word when speaking of the "angels" [alone].

So yes, just because we are RETURNING *WITH Jesus* does NOT make us be the "angels". ;)

I've never talked to a real live angel before.Your going to be coming with Jesus to throw people in a fire.
The text states that He shall "SEND HIS ANGELS"... it does NOT say He will "SEND US" to do this task!

Why would you assume I was suggesting such a thing? I wasn't... not even in the slightest.

People sure do have a tendency to "READ INTO" texts (by anyone) things that simply ARE NOT THERE, I've noticed... a lot.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

Are you also among those who, upon reading Luke 24:12,...

"12 Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass"

... insist that Peter was the ONLY ONE present at the tomb in this scene (because, as the faulty reasoning goes, he is the ONLY ONE mentioned in this particular text)??

:rolleyes:

-- Lk24:12 - https://biblehub.com/luke/24-12.htm

-- John 20:3-6 - https://biblehub.com/john/20-3.htm , https://biblehub.com/john/20-4.htm , https://biblehub.com/john/20-5.htm , https://biblehub.com/john/20-6.htm

[think again... ;) ]

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
The text in Rev19 says, "ARMIES"... this Greek word (as far as I am aware) never uses the PLURAL of this word when speaking of the "angels" [alone].

So yes, just because we are RETURNING *WITH Jesus* does NOT make us be the "angels". ;)

The text states that He shall "SEND HIS ANGELS"... it does NOT say He will "SEND US" to do this task!

Why would you assume I was suggesting such a thing? I wasn't... not even in the slightest.

People sure do have a tendency to "READ INTO" texts (by anyone) things that simply ARE NOT THERE, I've noticed... a lot.

Jesus didn't say there are any humans with him.
Just angels.

Why should we says humans will be with Jesus when scripture says they are angels.Time and time again ,scripture says the angels are coming with Jesus.

Not humans.

The humans are in his kingdom when he comes.

And as Jesus taught,the tares are cast into the fire and then the righteous will shine bright in that kingdom.The righteous never left the kingdom.

Just as in the days of Noah when the flood came and took all the weeds away so shall it be at the coming of the Son of man.

Mathew 24
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It's the righteous that are left in the kingdom.and the wicked are taken away.

I've learned that the people who believe they will be raptured before the saints in Israel are persecuted don't watch.They believe they won't be around so they ignore and refuse to believe any prophecy that might be fulfilled before their eyes.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Jesus commanded everyone to watch.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Prophecies I've seen fulfilled and others that have been fulfilled in my lifetime are many.Im not joking when I say I have convinced myself I will be able to calculate the day of the Lord 1290 days beforehand.Im just waiting for one specific prophecy to be fulfilled then I can begin a countdown.Its very possible the event Im waiting for will take place next year.

But these people who believe in the pre trib rapture are not going to watch as the Lord commanded.They will continue to insist they must be raptured before any prophecy concerning end times can be fulfilled.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
This Op continues to be more complicated as it goes.
Let's start back here with the scriptures:
Matthew 24:36
English Standard Version

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

1. Most important versions has the "Son" portion in it.
2. The rules of interpreting scripture states the literal interpretation will be used unless it cannot be proven to be literal, but symbolic. With a symbolic interpretation, other scriptures also must be symbolic to confirm it. Revelation has symbolization in it proven by Daniel, Ezekiel, & other OT books.
This one shows plainly the angels don't know, which is literal. This means "nor the Son" is also literal. This scripture shows no impossibility of being literal. It says what it means & means what it says.
3. Jesus is saying this, & since He did, it's true. That itself should settle it.
But what about one in the trinity knowing everything the other 2 do? WHO SAID the Son must know everything the Father does?
That would imply there's no hierarchy in the trinity, which is false.
How is it that the Father gives Jesus "a name above every name" if they were fully equals?
The Father gives Jesus this name & authority because in the beginning the Father was higher in authority.

1 Corinthians 15:24 24Then comes the end, when he(Christ) delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For “God(Father) has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God(Father) may be all in all.
"God is one" means there is all unity & agreement in the trinity. NOWHERE does the Bible say or imply that the trinity is equal in authority or can read each other's minds.
Only the Father knows because that's the way He wanted it, & Jesus can only do & say what He hears/sees the Father do & say.
Jesus said it literally, so it is literally true.
People say"Jesus said it, I believe it, & that settles it." Not true.
Jesus said it, & that settles it, whether I believe it or not!
The passages in question are meant to convey one principle:
That the PURPOSE of the coming of the Bridegroom Jesus is to CONSUMMATE the betrothal (this offer of marriage made earlier and accepted Luke 22, Matt 26, Mark 13) to the Church, and to REDEEM the wife of YHVH Israel.

Thats it. The Apostles understood that the statement was proclaiming that and that alone.

Yes Jesus gives us insight and info regarding the signs of the times indicating His coming. But that is commentary attendant to the salient point.

This business of twisting these passages to mean that Jesus is proclaiming His ignorance and inferiority is absurd if not blasphemous.

Jesus Christ is the YHVH of the OT. He is the "I AM", the infinite omniscient God. There is nothing that He does not know.
There is nothing that the Trinity keeps secret from one another. Impossible. Jesus is NOT inferior to the Father or the Holy Ghost in any way whatsoever.

All of the (what we think)"back and forth" is for OUR SAKE and is actually an agreed-upon (by the Trinity) ritual unfolding of Gods prophetic plan of salvation. The salvation of the world is ALREADY accomplished as far as the Trinity is concerned. Jesus says as much in His high priestly prayer in John 17. The crucifixion has not even taken place yet, but Jesus speaks as if it (and all things) are ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
The passages in question are meant to convey one principle:
That the PURPOSE of the coming of the Bridegroom Jesus is to CONSUMMATE the betrothal (this offer of marriage made earlier and accepted Luke 22, Matt 26, Mark 13) to the Church, and to REDEEM the wife of YHVH Israel.

Thats it. The Apostles understood that the statement was proclaiming that and that alone.

Yes Jesus gives us insight and info regarding the signs of the times indicating His coming. But that is commentary attendant to the salient point.

This business of twisting these passages to mean that Jesus is proclaiming His ignorance and inferiority is absurd if not blasphemous.

Jesus Christ is the YHVH of the OT. He is the "I AM", the infinite omniscient God. There is nothing that He does not know.
There is nothing that the Trinity keeps secret from one another. Impossible. Jesus is NOT inferior to the Father or the Holy Ghost in any way whatsoever.

All of the (what we think)"back and forth" is for OUR SAKE and is actually an agreed-upon (by the Trinity) ritual unfolding of Gods prophetic plan of salvation. The salvation of the world is ALREADY accomplished as far as the Trinity is concerned. Jesus says as much in His high priestly prayer in John 17. The crucifixion has not even taken place yet, but Jesus speaks as if it (and all things) are ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED.

The point Jesus is making,is to Watch.

Have you been watching?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Mark 13

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch

Who's been watching?