Matthew 10:8

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
What has Jesus done for you? What infirmity were you unexpectedly healed from? What bad life choice were you saved out of? What demons have been chased away? God has been good to us. Surely you have a salvation story, you have a moment or two when the God who Sees, saw your desperation and swept you out from under it.

Now it is your turn. If you have tasted God's goodness, it is your responsibility to pass it onward to someone else. Maybe you are not a doctor, but you can pray for healing for a neighbor. You're not a counselor perhaps but you can speak, write or text encouraging words. You can send a pleading prayer on their behalf.

You can literally lay on others your hands of faith. Share your connection with the Almighty. Show them how easy it is to knock on the door to Heaven. Let them have the comfort, the peace, the hope that was given to you. (Copied text)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Mat !0:1 ¶ And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 ¶ These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
16 ¶ Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

How do you use this in the modern Gentile church? Jesus specifically states for His apostles to not go to Gentiles or Samaritans. They were to go to the lost house of Israel.

Fine example of proof texting at the expense of context.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Mat !0:1 ¶ And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 ¶ These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
16 ¶ Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

How do you use this in the modern Gentile church? Jesus specifically states for His apostles to not go to Gentiles or Samaritans. They were to go to the lost house of Israel.

Fine example of proof texting at the expense of context.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I’m confused, did I offend you did I do or say something wrong. I’m truly sorry. Just trying to be encouragement to someone

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I’m confused, did I offend you did I do or say something wrong. I’m truly sorry. Just trying to be encouragement to someone
You took a verse completely out of context to establish a pretext. You cannot encourage someone with doctrine that leads them astray.

God heals but God does not have men who are healers.

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
You took a verse completely out of context to establish a pretext. You cannot encourage someone with doctrine that leads them astray.

God heals but God does not have men who are healers.

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I don't think I quoted any text and I didn't try to establish any pretext. I took a inspirational quote that I had read and reposted it. no doctrine involved just saying if GOD has done something for you pass along your testimony or a prayer. I think you were the one to take this out of context. I think maybe you should take time to understand before you are so quick to criticize.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I don't think I quoted any text and I didn't try to establish any pretext. I took a inspirational quote that I had read and reposted it. no doctrine involved just saying if GOD has done something for you pass along your testimony or a prayer. I think you were the one to take this out of context. I think maybe you should take time to understand before you are so quick to criticize.
The title of your thread is Mat 10:8 so maybe you did quote a text?

I place the verse into context and it does not teach what you want to teach about healing. The verse I quoted in James is in context relating to healing. What problem do you have with James?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
The title of your thread is Mat 10:8 so maybe you did quote a text?

I place the verse into context and it does not teach what you want to teach about healing. The verse I quoted in James is in context relating to healing. What problem do you have with James?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
the post is not about healing, its about sharing your testimony. do you have a problem with that??

notuptome

May 17, 2013
the post is not about healing, its about sharing your testimony. do you have a problem with that??
Now you are changing the subject. You still used Mat 10:8 as the text to support your assertion about healing. I showed you where the proper text is located and quoted it for you yet you have not addressed the relevant passage.

Here it is again in case you missed it.

The only thing I want is doctrinal fidelity.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Your body posture in your avatar gives the impression that you are not open but closed perhaps to the point of not listening to anything that contradicts or tests your grand proclamations.

Arms folded across the chest is a very closed and defiant posture. Perhaps you could consider another avatar?

Probably get another red x for this post. LOL Welcome to BDF.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Your body posture in your avatar gives the impression that you are not open but closed perhaps to the point of not listening to anything that contradicts or tests your grand proclamations.

Arms folded across the chest is a very closed and defiant posture. Perhaps you could consider another avatar?

Probably get another red x for this post. LOL Welcome to BDF.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I WONT BE BACK BECAUSE OF YOU!!! I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!!!