Matthew 18:9?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 16, 2019
Here's another example:

"20Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols." - Revelation 2:20

This false prophet is an 'eye' that should be cut off from the body so the whole body doesn't go to hell.

Jul 23, 2018
Most here have put it in perspective.

The deal is to hate sin.

To have that ingredient in us.

Sometimes it is
Sometimes it ain't.

There is an arsenal of weapons to help us out.

Nov 16, 2019
But its not applicable for us now, because we are not under the gospel of the kingdom.
The church is under the one and only gospel of the kingdom:

"21I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus." - Acts 20:21

25“Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again." - Acts 20:25

Paul preached the kingdom message of repentance and faith in Jesus, just like Jesus and the Apostles taught. Paul did not have a different gospel for a different people. There is only one message of New Covenant salvation in the kingdom of God.

The two kingdom gospel doctrine was invented out of horrible misunderstanding of James 2:24. James was not teaching salvation by works that would somehow necessitate the creation of another gospel that differentiates what he taught from the gospel Paul taught. We can plainly see that from his discourse with the Ephesians quoted above.

Jan 12, 2019
The church is under the one and only gospel of the kingdom:

"21I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus." - Acts 20:21

25“Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again." - Acts 20:25

Paul preached the kingdom message of repentance and faith in Jesus, just like Jesus and the Apostles taught. Paul did not have a different gospel for a different people. There is only one message of New Covenant salvation in the kingdom of God.

The two kingdom gospel doctrine was invented out of horrible misunderstanding of James 2:24. James was not teaching salvation by works that would somehow necessitate the creation of another gospel that differentiates what he taught from the gospel Paul taught. We can plainly see that from his discourse with the Ephesians quoted above.
So you still believe in signs and wonders now?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It tells me I need to be absolutely certain that my posts reflect only what the Lord tells us. No adding to scripture and no taking away.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It seems to me simple to accept all God tells us, we don't have tp add fleshly reasoning to it to make one truth contradict another truth. They all work together.

We are righteous only through Christ.
Our works do not save us, it is only Christ who does this.
If we have faith in Christ that He is capable of saving us, we also need to have faith in the guidance Christ gives for our actions and thoughts.
If we say we have no sin we are not being truthful with ourselves.
Christ forgives all we repent of, if we choose to keep sin God gives us free will and lets us choose that. God cannot forgive sin we choose to keep.

Mar 28, 2016
God is not served by the corrupted human hands in any way shape or form. Hands are used to represent will or feet that deliver the will, the gospel . The living words of the book give the spiritually dead ears to hear and a new heart to see the eternal things. .

C

cuz

God is not served by the corrupted human hands in any way shape or form. Hands are used to represent will or feet that deliver the will, the gospel . The living words of the book give the spiritually dead ears to hear and a new heart to see the eternal things. .
well said

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

I continue to struggle with this statement from a Jesus. I would like to hear your insights on how to understand the meaning of this passage. Thanks!
I think Jesus is stressing how important it is to stay away from sin. I dont think he means that literally but he could of. I think it refers to things that cause people to sin and that we should cut them off and stay away from sin. Sin is the only thing that can even take Christians to hell.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
I think Jesus is stressing how important it is to stay away from sin. I dont think he means that literally but he could of. I think it refers to things that cause people to sin and that we should cut them off and stay away from sin. Sin is the only thing that can even take Christians to hell.
I thought we where all judged by God and found guilty of sin. Jesus paid the price for the worlds sins so that we are now free.