Matthew 6:14-15

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Faith without works is dead.

If you cannot forgive others than something is wrong....

Christ has given us the biggest forgiveness possible, salvation!

The example we should set is by forgiveness of others.

God gave us a gift, and wants us to spread it, and the easiest way to show who Christ is, is by living as Him.

So if Christ has given me: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for eternity. The least I can do is forgive something that will pass with this earth.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
When the Lord gave us the Lord's Prayer He asks you how you could expect Him to forgive you if you won't forgive others. How would you answer Jesus?

Scripture says: Matt. 6:15 “But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.
The Lords prayer is a corporate Jewish prayer . Today we can pray directly and individually.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Faith without works is dead.

If you cannot forgive others than something is wrong....

Christ has given us the biggest forgiveness possible, salvation!

The example we should set is by forgiveness of others.

God gave us a gift, and wants us to spread it, and the easiest way to show who Christ is, is by living as Him.

So if Christ has given me: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for eternity. The least I can do is forgive something that will pass with this earth.
The Declaration of independence gave us that phrase lol . I don't think we're saying that forgiveness is bad or to be avoided. Its not a requirement in order to be forgiven today.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The sermon on the mount teaches kingdom principal. This is the way things will be in the millennial kingdom. It establishes the standard we should strive to live up to in our sojourn here in this life.

Jesus is teaching prophecy to the Jews as they look forward to an earthly kingdom. The church looks for a heavenly kingdom.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Oct 19, 2020
If one believes the sermon on the mount is doctrine for the body of Christ, then one must conclude that forgiveness is conditional on forgiving others. This would be a work of obedience.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Just add 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. to Verses 14/15 and you have the perfect state of mind.

You give your will to God so His Will is done (I give my will to God daily) [not my will but Your Will be done] and you get into a habit of forgiving others. Suddenly the Commandment of Christ to Love our brother as ourselves becomes easier to do.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Oct 19, 2020
That’s a Jewish prayer concerning their promised kingdom on earth.

It originates from the WORD made flesh, instructing us to begin our prayer with, [Our Father Who art in Heaven]. The Jews deny the Triunity of God. So this is [not] a Yiddish Prayer, it's an example of how we should begin our prayers.

Oct 19, 2020
Plus, the WORD is showing us how to pray in a communication style. He 's giving the example for us to talk to God and be effective.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
It originates from the WORD made flesh, instructing us to begin our prayer with, [Our Father Who art in Heaven]. The Jews deny the Triunity of God. So this is [not] a Yiddish Prayer, it's an example of how we should begin our prayers.
Who was Jesus speaking to when he said it ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Plus, the WORD is showing us how to pray in a communication style. He 's giving the example for us to talk to God and be effective.
Why do you day ' us " ..Isn't he speaking to them ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
faith without forgiveness is dead

you will be forgiven and saved if your faith is real

and if your faith is real then you will forgive people who do bad stuff to you
Do you Just mean if a person believes the Gospel to receiving Jesus, then recieves the Holy Spirit ,sealing them unto the day of redemption?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The Lords prayer is a corporate Jewish prayer . Today we can pray directly and individually.
Do you believe that the Lord instructs you that anything that the Jews do or believe you must not do or believe? I don't think that is in any commandment of scripture.

To cancel what Christ told us about the Lord's Prayer is especially---it is error beyond belief.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Do you believe that the Lord instructs you that anything that the Jews do or believe you must not do or believe? I don't think that is in any commandment of scripture.

To cancel what Christ told us about the Lord's Prayer is especially---it is error beyond belief.
No more than the instruction on how to build the tabernacle. That is also the word of God . We need to read it and understand it still . The same with all the instructions and commands to the diciples , Israel ,Jews ect . Its not difficult to spot these . I know sometimes when we watched superman it was tempting to imagine we were superman.

Oct 19, 2020
Who was Jesus speaking to when he said it ?
You don't think God realized what He said at the [time] would be written and then would also be read for centuries to come?

He's speaking to us all from that moment on.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
He's speaking to those who listened and to those who would later read.
Ok. Luke 17 .
12And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
13And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14¶And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

We have the very words of Jesus here . Do you follow this command today ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
He's speaking to those who listened and to those who would later read.
He spoke to those who were listening. It was written down for those who would later read and understand what happened , what was said and who it was said to .I believe it is meant to be understood in context.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Just add 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. to Verses 14/15 and you have the perfect state of mind.

You give your will to God so His Will is done (I give my will to God daily) [not my will but Your Will be done] and you get into a habit of forgiving others. Suddenly the Commandment of Christ to Love our brother as ourselves becomes easier to do.
I knew a guy who prayed the Lords Prayer out loud every day without fail . As far as i know he still does . Is it bad ? no ,I don't see a problem. Is it required ? no of course not . Is it necessary? no. Is it biblical? no .

Oct 19, 2020
Ok. Luke 17 .
12And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
13And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14¶And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

We have the very words of Jesus here . Do you follow this command today ?

If you don't desire to forgive others and let God's Will overrule your will, then don't. I have no say in your Salvation nor your personal [Doctrine]. I personally follow those Words of the Lord's Prayer because if God forgave me then I surely owe it to others in return. And I do it because when I daily offer to God, not my will be done but let Your Will be done, I have just naturally wanted to offer forgiveness. It has nothing to do with the [Lord's Prayer], but everything to do with me submitting my will so His Will can be done.

Oct 19, 2020
He spoke to those who were listening. It was written down for those who would later read and understand what happened , what was said and who it was said to .I believe it is meant to be understood in context.

It is meant for that content and content for those who would read in the future.