Matthew Chapter 24 ; Thoughts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 19, 2016
I think this is saying the place where we go to worship the thing we refer to as "our religion" will turn on us there for at that time we will need to abandon it
Hmm, how interesting sister, thank you for sharing with us.

LOL, where did you see that written in the Bible?
Brother please refer to 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 to see more.

He who remains without form (the kingdom does not come by observation) will come on the last day like a thief in the night.

The end will not take the believer by surprise.The last day, is the day that our goal he has given us will be met .A new incorruptible body through Christ our Ark.

Big difference between a sign of observation or sign of the times and a sign and wonder (the faith factor ). We cannot create our own wonders.

He will come on the last day the standpoint revelation was written n from called the Lord' day... looking backwards. . We are in the lasts days indicated by the renting of the veil .It signaled the wall had fallen . no outward temple worship .The time of reformation is here .Not 70 years later when the wall had literal fallen all but small section is left that is being treated as a idol today..

2Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
You are expressing something that you believe. And you believe that He will still come, on what is called the Lord's day, and that we are now currently in the last days because of the renting (Tearing of the Veil). It signaled the wall had fallen . no outward temple worship .The time of (??reformation??) is here? What does that mean?

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
LOL, where did you see that written in the Bible?

Warning: Holy men (male or female) of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

[video=youtube;yCTNw1_B16Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCTNw1_B16Q[/video]​

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Mathew 24 is a response by Jesus Christ given to His Disciples who asked: What are the signs of your coming, and the end of the World?

Jesus answered their question by describing things that would take place prior to His coming.

Great Tribulations such as has never been, nor ever will be takes place prior to the Jesus Coming in the clouds. And Scriptures even plainly testifies to that TRUTH by plainly saying AFTER the Tribulations of those days he shall appear. And if He would not have appeared, all life would have been killed on Earth, but for the elects sake He shortened that great tribulations by appearing a second time on Earth, and Gathering up the Church Body, those who are asleep (dead) and those who are awake (alive).

The greatest Tribulations that has ever been, nor ever shall be again, happens PRIOR to Jesus Christ Coming to Rapture the Church. How anyone can believe pretrib is beyond me, when Scriptures plainly and clearly teaches that Great tribulation such as never has been before nor ever will be again, happens BEFORE Jesus appears in the sky.
This is a perfect example how this generation will change Scriptures to fit into their own false doctrines, instead of changing what they believe to line up with Scriptures. They blindly believe the doctrine that Jesus is going to come BEFORE Great Tribulations, when Scriptures plainly and clearly says He will come AFTER. Woe to this generation indeed for they altogether fail to understand this simple TRUTH, that God reproved me several times about.

"If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG"

You say and teach that Jesus comes BEFORE Great Tribulations. That belief is contrary to verses in Scriptures, that belief is WRONG. But will this generation change their belief to line up with Scriptures? Oh no, not this generation, this generation will seek out a way to change the meaning of Mathew chapter 24 to mean something that they will agree with, changing the Word of Gold to fit into their own doctrines. How will these escape the Great Tribulations that is coming to try ALL PEOPLE on the Earth?

And if you are not appointed to wrath, that in no way says or implies that you will not SEE the Great Tribulations that is coming upon the Earth, now does it? This generation falsely believes that because they are not appointed to go through God's wrath, that they think that means they will not even SEE it unfolding on the EARTH, they do error not knowing or understanding what is to come. So your not appointed to wrath, DOES NOT MEAN, you won't see it happening.

God's wrath is going to come upon all those who will reap what they have sown. if you have sown to the flesh, then during God's wrath you will most certainly endure corruption in that flesh. What? Do you think God lies? Scriptures plainly teach if you sow to the flesh of the flesh you SHALL reap corruption, this does not say, might get corruption, or maybe, or there's a chance you will. It says plainly YOU WILL. So when the hour of temptation comes upon the whole world, you who have sowed to the flesh will suffer corruption in that flesh, and you will then have a choice, to either accept the punishment which the Word of God says WILL HAPPEN, or you can choose to fall away from God and deny Him.

Many who falsely believe that Jesus will come Prior to the Great Tribulation Period, will be 90% more likely to fall away once Tribulations has started and Jesus DID NOT COME, when they thought He should have, their Faith will be shaken to the core, because they are suffering miserably in the flesh, (reaping what they themselves have sown) and Jesus did not come and get them.

But here is Great News for you. i have told you this in advance, so when it happens even as i know it will happen, then maybe the Holy Spirit of God will remind you what DiscipleDave, a servant of the Most High God has told you concerning this topic. and you will not fall away but accept the punishment and live.

Yes i am aware that i have given dcontroversal more stones for him to throw at me. i can hear him now mocking "Oh now not only will his username be used on Judgement Day but now God is going to remind people of his words during the Great Tribulations". Throw those stone all you want dcontroversal, it is not going to change the Truth one way or the other.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
"If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG"
Then by your own admission, you would be wrong. And that because by interpreting Matthew 24:29-31 as being the time when the gathering of the church takes place, you would be putting the living church through the entire wrath of God, which would contradict God's promises to keep believers out of that time of wrath, that Jesus rescues believers from that time of wrath and that we are not appointed to suffer God's coming wrath.

It is because of your interpreting of 1Thes.4:13-18 as being the same as Matt.24:29-31 as being the same that you err.

Nov 19, 2016
Mathew 24 is a response by Jesus Christ given to His Disciples who asked: What are the signs of your coming, and the end of the World?

Jesus answered their question by describing things that would take place prior to His coming.

Great Tribulations such as has never been, nor ever will be takes place prior to the Jesus Coming in the clouds. And Scriptures even plainly testifies to that TRUTH by plainly saying AFTER the Tribulations of those days he shall appear. And if He would not have appeared, all life would have been killed on Earth, but for the elects sake He shortened that great tribulations by appearing a second time on Earth, and Gathering up the Church Body, those who are asleep (dead) and those who are awake (alive).

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

And if He would not have appeared, all life would have been killed on Earth

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have thought about this sometimes about everything the Lord Jesus Christ has truly done for us all. It it was not for Him, there wouldn't be any of us here now!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

I have thought about this sometimes about everything the Lord Jesus Christ has truly done for us all. It it was not for Him, there wouldn't be any of us here now!
Hi MatthewG,

You want to know about the vultures in verse 28, The answer is found in Luke:
Luke 17:34-37: "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together."

This not people being raptured as some seem to think. When they asked Jesus where these people were taken, He clearly stated they would be dead. So many dead, they couldn't be buried fast enough. Thus the vultures. :rolleyes:

Yours,

Deade :cool:

Attachments

E

eternally-gratefull

This is true, but he is talking about the condition on earth that causes his return. it seems he waits till the last minute. Always patient willing non should perish. But when mankind is on the verge of destroying themselves and this planet (life on earth) he puts an end to it.

H

heartofdavid

Mat 24 and 25,1thes 4. All are rapture verses.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Then by your own admission, you would be wrong. And that because by interpreting Matthew 24:29-31 as being the time when the gathering of the church takes place, you would be putting the living church through the entire wrath of God, which would contradict God's promises to keep believers out of that time of wrath, that Jesus rescues believers from that time of wrath and that we are not appointed to suffer God's coming wrath.

It is because of your interpreting of 1Thes.4:13-18 as being the same as Matt.24:29-31 as being the same that you err.
You are correct. The Rapture is NOT revealed in Matthew 24, but the second coming of Christ definitely it. The important thing to note is that at the second coming, Christ comes WITH His saints and angels, but how could be possibly do that had He not first come FOR His saint? And Revelation 19 answers that question very nicely, by placing the Marriage of the Lamb JUST BEFORE the second coming of Christ.

The elect which are gathered by the holy angels from all around the world are actually the believing Jewish remnant. The term "election" is used frequently to designate believing Israel.

Nov 12, 2015

Hi mathewg, its very nice to meet you! :)
I've been reading some of your posts in forums.

I am understanding (I think) that you believe Jesus has already returned again to set everything right?

There are many many verses that show us this can't be so. There's still a lot of heartbreak on this earth but we look forward to our new home where that won't exist. And He gives us the Holy Spirit to comfort us because sometimes we have to see awful things, like brutal abuses of people, children, animals.

We have a BETTER home to look forward to. Some days I see things that are so awful that I cling to that hope like a liferaft and I long for Him to come soon because I want to be where there are no more tears, sickness, hatreds, wars.

Dec 12, 2013
The following conclusion is not right.....the two statements indicate the coming of Jesus is visible....just as Christ states that His disciples, religious lost, every eye, kindred and tongue will see him come in the clouds with great power and glory....

Lightning cracking is SEEN from the east to the west and it is evident that a dead animal is in the ditch by the gathered buzzards that fly off as a car approaches....

Verse 26-28: So still if anyone tells you look the Messiah is out in the desert, do not bother about looking, for Him, don't believe it!, For as a the lighting flashes, in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man Comes, just as gathering of vultures shows there is carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near.

This view is not correct---->The coming of the end (Age) is that of a quick lighting flash, in the east, and shines in the west when the Son of Man Comes.

H

heartofdavid

You are correct. The Rapture is NOT revealed in Matthew 24, but the second coming of Christ definitely it. The important thing to note is that at the second coming, Christ comes WITH His saints and angels, but how could be possibly do that had He not first come FOR His saint? And Revelation 19 answers that question very nicely, by placing the Marriage of the Lamb JUST BEFORE the second coming of Christ.

The elect which are gathered by the holy angels from all around the world are actually the believing Jewish remnant. The term "election" is used frequently to designate believing Israel.
Both the rapture and the second coming are in mat 24......as two separate events

H

heartofdavid

Re read it and it jumps out at you

Dec 9, 2011
When It says “the kingdom doesn’t COME by observation” this IMO means GOD IS a SPIRIT and Eternal Life will be given by grace through FAITH and not by doing.

Nov 19, 2016
Both the rapture and the second coming are in mat 24......as two separate events
Brother David.

In Matthew 24 it doesn't speak anything about the being caught up in the air.

But what we do see in Matthew 24, is Jesus Christ talking to His Disciples, about the Destruction of the Temple, and the times of tribulation that they would see, and that they would understand by the tribulation of the times that they would see (end-days) that they would understand how much closer the Lord Jesus Christ fixing to return. So they knew about the destruction of the temple would be drawing nearer. (The end of the Age of those days/Return of Jesus Christ)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Brother David.

In Matthew 24 it doesn't speak anything about the being caught up in the air.

But what we do see in Matthew 24, is Jesus Christ talking to His Disciples, about the Destruction of the Temple, and the times of tribulation that they would see, and that they would understand by the tribulation of the times that they would see (end-days) that they would understand how much closer the Lord Jesus Christ fixing to return. So they knew about the destruction of the temple would be drawing nearer. (The end of the Age of those days/Return of Jesus Christ)

Look at Luke 24:21,,,then John 20:25,,,then Mark 16:12-14,,,then John 16:12, theres something I want to ask you.

Apr 15, 2017
Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

I believe that this is the only time Jesus mentions the overthrow of Jerusalem,and He mentioned it because the disciples said look at these great buildings,and Jesus said they are coming down so do not think they are so great.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Then Jesus went off to be on His own,and the disciples came to Him and asked what shall be the sign of His coming,and the end of the world,and surely the end of the world was not back in the first century.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

If it is a physical overthrow of Jerusalem why is Jesus warning them of spiritual deception,for Jesus came unto His own and His own did not receive Him,and Jesus said their house is left unto them desolate until they say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord,so Israel as a nation did not turn to Jesus,and that is why the Roman Empire had power to overthrow them.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

How can the disciples hear of wars,and rumors of wars,and know nation shall rise against nation,and kingdom against kingdom,and of famines,and pestilences,and earthquakes,that occur on different parts of the world without technology to be able to observe and hear of what the world is doing,and what is going on in the world.

If there was not technology and it was back at their time how much are you going to know what is going on in the earth.Go outside and look around,for that is about all you know what is going on in the world.How are you supposed to know of nations going against each other,and kingdoms going against each other,and famines,and pestilences,and earthquakes,happening on different places of the earth.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel did not understand what was told him,but was told to go his way,for the book is sealed until the time of the end,which means they will be able to understand it at the end time.

Because many shall run to and fro,advanced travel,and knowledge shall be increased,advanced technology,making it possible for the saints to hear,and see,and know of what is going on in the world,and to be able to understand how the world can come together as one which they will rebel against God.

The disciples at the time of Jesus would be in the same position as Daniel having a limited view of their world and would not be able to see,and hear,and know of things going on in the earth,so it would have to be in the future as now.

By technology we know of WW1,WW2,and wars,and hear of wars,and rumors of wars,and can know of the troubles that occur around the world.

Without technology what are you going to know.Not much but that your garden is growing some good tomatoes this year,and Junior dug a good hole with that stick he is playing with like they did back in the day.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Also the saints shall be hated of all nations but how can they be hated of all nations if it is only in that area,and also if it is a physical overthrow of Jerusalem why does Jesus refer to a spiritual persecution,when the nation of Israel rejected Christ in their governmental,and religious,operation.

Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Again why the spiritual deception warning when it is a physical overthrow of Jerusalem for rejecting Christ,not for accepting Christ.

But at the time now we see the spiritual deception that applies,but mainly it is speaking of the new age movement,for the new age movement interpretation of the Bible is the beginning of the end and will lead the world to the beast kingdom where they rebel against God,for it is the time for God to end this sin business on earth,and He sure did not end it in the past for sin still goes on.

Also to point out the 70 weeks that people think was fulfilled in the first century and show that it is not true.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

70 weeks are determined upon Israel as a nation to accept Jesus as their Messiah.69 weeks have passed,and people debate about the 70th week,but the 70th week could of not been fulfilled for Israel as a nation has not accepted Jesus yet.

The 70th week is the time that God causes all people that do not love Him to follow the beast kingdom,and when they do repentance and salvation are no longer available to them,and God can end this sin business on earth,and bring Israel as a nation to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah fulfilling the 70 weeks.

That is why the Bible says Israel is blinded in part,until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in,and so all Israel shall be saved.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

How could that apply in the first century,but we see that it does apply today with the big flow of money,and material things,especially in America,that causes people to be selfish,and arrogant,with a me attitude,and then they do not like each other as much which can be testified by many people that point out the way it is today compared to how it was years ago.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The Gospel shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations,but that could of not happened in the first century,but we can see it happening today,and with advanced technology,and travel,it can happen,for God will not give up on the world until the world gives up on Him,so He is not going to end this sin business on earth until all nations know and understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ,which could of not happened in the first century.

If it includes all nations,were the Native Americans saying in the first century,Ugh,me heareth of this thing they call the Gospel and me no like,let us gather ourselves,all tribes,and go attack them Jews who preach this thing called the Gospel.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Mat 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
Mat 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The man of sin,the New Age Christ,will establish peace in the Middle East,and it will pave the way for all Jews to go to Israel,and the Jews and the Gentiles will be separated,which is what the man of sins wants for the Jews to be in one place,Israel.

The Gentile nations will come together and say Peace and safety as they try to establish peace on earth,and operate by a ten horn kingdom which is the world split in to ten sections with a leader in each section,and a unified religious system based on the new age movement that is of the occult,nature worship,witchcraft,spiritual evolution through nature,and people can still evolve,and Jesus is not Lord and Savior,but a good teacher in spiritual enlightenment,and an ascended master,and do not honor a personal God,but honor the God of forces,or the power of nature as their higher power.

God warns us of the new age movement interpretation of the Bible,and the time will come that the world will not want to endure the truth of the Bible,but want to hear it according to the new age movement,spiritual evolution through nature to be greater than their current position.

That is where the spiritual deception comes in at concerning the end time.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

The new age movement is about the power of nature,and witchcraft,and many paths to take to spiritual enlightenment,and practices,but all are valid,and can have many Christs,and false prophets,with the path they teach to people,for the time will come they will not want to hear the truth of the Bible,but according to their own lusts,power through nature,and will heap to themselves teachers,not teacher,but teachers,and will turn their ears from the truth,and be turned unto fables.

That is where the spiritual deception comes in at.

The new age movement is about witchcraft,and will lead the world to the beast kingdom,where the beast will convince the world that he harnessed the power of nature,and obtained power,evolved,and will share this power with all who follow him,and the false prophet will do miracles in the sight of the people to convince them that the first beast did harness the power of nature,and gave this power to the false prophet,so the world will believe that the beast will share this power with all who follow him,which is what the world was wanting by practicing the new age movement,unified religious system,spiritual evolution through nature.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The beast shall make war against the saints,and persecute all people who keep the commandments of God,and the testimony of Jesus Christ,and then the resurrection shall occur.

That is why the Bible says the saints cannot be gathered unto Christ until there is a falling away first,which this is when the world will not want to hear the truth of the Bible,which will happen by way of the new age movement unified religious system,and all religions interpreted by them,and religion is about evolution,and people are responsible for their own evolution,spiritual enlightenment,and a hate crime to try to convert someone to a belief not compatible,like preaching a personal God,which Christianity will rapidly decline in impacting the world with the truth,and the man of sin,New Age Christ,claims to be God which He will claim to be the Jews God and Messiah,and claim to be God to the world,which means he is the highest authority through the power of nature,and he acknowledges no personal God.

All prophesy has not happened in the first century,and Jesus is telling the saints about it,but He is directing it to the Jews in the future that have turned to Jesus as their Messiah,and a warning to all the saints.

The Bible says the new age movement will be in the latter days,and surely the latter days did not occur in the first century,and also the time will come when the world will only want to hear the Bible according to the new age movement interpretation of the Bible,which means they are not allowing the preaching of the Bible according to the belief in a personal God,and Jesus is Lord and Savior,but according to evolution,but the preaching of a personal God,and Jesus is Lord and Savior,did not stop in the first century,but it kept going on,so it is a future event when they make it international law,along with a man and a woman cannot marry for population reduction,and being a vegetarian for they worship nature.

Nah 2:3 The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men are in scarlet: the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
Nah 2:4 The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

Nobody can argue that this is speaking of automobiles that shall be at the time of the Lord's preparation.They did not know to call them automobiles,but chariots is a form of transportation,and this form of transportation shall have lights,and shall rage in the streets,justle against one another in many lanes roads,close knit traffic,and shall travel fast.

Isa 31:4 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
Isa 31:5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.

This appears to be the 6th day war,1967,when Israeli fighter pilots paved the way to win the war,and they took control of Jerusalem,which God is doing the plan of restoring Israel back to their land,all the Jews,so He can turn them to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Look at Luke 24:21,,,then John 20:25,,,then Mark 16:12-14,,,then John 16:12, theres something I want to ask you.[/QUOTE>

This is what I ask,,,

In Matthew 24:3 they ask Jesus several things. They ask him when these things shall be(stone be left on stone),what the sign of thy coming(1st or 2nd?) and then of the end of the world(aionos or kosmou?),.. Matthew 24 Interlinear Bible

Now it is recorded in scripture(post quoted),,,"SHOULD HAVE", redeemed Israel, Luke 24:21. But as it is in scripture they could not bare it yet, John 16:21. But as Jesus our Lord said The comforter he had spoke of would lead then to understanding. So Jesus knew himself that they did not grasp that he would suffer, die be resurrected and then ascend to heaven and return a second time.

Now look at Matthew 24:3 and tell me if you will are they asking him what is the sign of his coming because they thought he was supposed to come as they thought and end the age and restore Israel to power and the gentiles would no longer be ruling? This would mean that the temple(stone standing on another) would be left standing and that he (Jesus) would rule it.

Now this is the puzzling part are they asking Jesus "what is the sign of thy coming?" meaning 1st coming because they believed a king was going to rule from the place he was saying was going to be destroyed or the 2nd coming that the scriptures state that they did not yet understand? lol, thats the puzzle to it all in that most see them asking about his 2nd coming when the scriptures state they didn't understand it and thought he was there to stay....

Last edited: