ME/CFS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Does anyone have any suggestions to help
With this condition (aside from the obvious pray and believe, fast and pray and so on). Not knocking scripture but just wondering if anyone has any tried and tested natural ideas that work for them to Combat or cope with symptoms. Please only make suggestions if you have ME or personally know someone that has it and what worked for them. (Not to be rude but what works for the same symptoms on other illnesses can sometimes cause bad reactions with ME/CFS sufferers, which is why I didn’t just list the symptoms but am asking about the illness specifically.)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi. I have no help to offer in terms of help with the condition you're dealing with. But as a heads up people on this site are notorious for ignoring requests in posts. I'd be very surprised if you don't get people telling you to pray, fast and offer generic help that don't have the first clue what you're dealing with. Essentially everything you request not to do, people will do anyways.
Just so you know what to expect on here.

Hopefully in the midst of all that some people have something useful to offer as well.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
Hi. I have no help to offer in terms of help with the condition you're dealing with. But as a heads up people on this site are notorious for ignoring requests in posts. I'd be very surprised if you don't get people telling you to pray, fast and offer generic help that don't have the first clue what you're dealing with. Essentially everything you request not to do, people will do anyways.

Hopefully in the midst of all that some people have something useful to offer as well.
Appreciate the input. Thanks :) it’s nice to hear what people have to say, as long as it’s all amicable so I don’t mind too much. I guess it’s nice folks want to help others.

Feb 28, 2016
if you would 'spell-out' the abbreviation for what you are 'asking for',
you might well receive some very good 'advice'...
:):)

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
if you would 'spell-out' the abbreviation for what you are 'asking for',
you might well receive some very good 'advice'...
:):)
That is the general name by which the illness is known. I didn’t get more specific and don’t need to for this query as anyone diagnosed as having it would certainly know this is what they have, and they are really only who I was asking. :) Thanks though :)

Feb 28, 2016
thank you for your reply - we were concerned because we are into natural medicines and have had many
maladies in our own lives and may have been led to many alternative cures for many sicknesses...
just sayin'...

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
With this condition (aside from the obvious pray and believe, fast and pray and so on). Not knocking scripture but just wondering if anyone has any tried and tested natural ideas that work for them to Combat or cope with symptoms. Please only make suggestions if you have ME or personally know someone that has it and what worked for them. (Not to be rude but what works for the same symptoms on other illnesses can sometimes cause bad reactions with ME/CFS sufferers, which is why I didn’t just list the symptoms but am asking about the illness specifically.)
Hi I just came across this post...Yes my sister had M.E or chronic fatigue syndrome ohh...over 20 years ago..years ago it was called the "yuppy flu"...and she had a really hard time about it.When she did have it the doctors at the hospital didn't belive that such a condition existed and told her it was all in her head and is a symptom of depression..Her local g.p wasnt told much from the hospital either.My sister was working at harrods at the time and had to return to work. having been off work for a good few months due to not feeling well..but with lighter duties..yet she wasnt feeling well still and eventually collapsed at work and was taken out out in a stretcher.
This time she had new doctors and they told her that she had been diagnosed with M.E 2 years earlier..but it seemed the doctors at the times didnt tell her...😡😡😡😡By then she had been given tablets by her G.p which caused extra bone growth in her body..(was ment to help with depression..🤷‍♀️)
The symptoms iam sure you are aware of...constant tiredness,headaches,..she couldn't even walk properly and had a Zimmer frame in the hospital to help her..severe concentration problems at times..like she couldn't work our how to pick up a cup..terrible condition..😔
At the time they told her there wasn't an exact cure for the condition but she did have physico,swimming classes to help with muscles, naturally lots of prayer and practical family support,cognitive behavioural therapy wasnt used,...exercise and also avoiding certain things that were triggers such as doing too many things,stress levels being monitored,..Her diet was also changed slightly and she didn't return to work after this..
it took a few years for her to regain some stability in her life..and even walking about without discomfort outdoors wearing flat shoes was an achievement...

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
oh..she did naturally have different kinda of medication..some wers general like painkillers and some were more specific.. like Gabapentin to help ease nerve related pain..
Basically her nervous system had been overworked as a few years earlier she was doing a fashion degree.(At times working on course work till the next morning..)then raving..plus working at harrods on Saturdays (she wasn't saved yet till a few years later whilst working at harrods on)..plus life stresses did have an impact on her..
I hope this all helps

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
oh..she did naturally have different kinda of medication..some wers general like painkillers and some were more specific.. like Gabapentin to help ease nerve related pain..
Basically her nervous system had been overworked as a few years earlier she was doing a fashion degree.(At times working on course work till the next morning..)then raving..plus working at harrods on Saturdays (she wasn't saved yet till a few years later whilst working at harrods on)..plus life stresses did have an impact on her..
I hope this all helps
Thanks so much for writing all of this. It is helpful but I feel so bad for her. It is a Very nasty illness, the symptoms can be worse than those of cancer and MS and other horrific conditions. I am glad she finally got the recognition and diagnosis. Cbt and Graded exercise therapy have finally been pulled as recommended treatments. They can actually make it worse in many cases :(

How does she cope now?

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Thanks so much for writing all of this. It is helpful but I feel so bad for her. It is a Very nasty illness, the symptoms can be worse than those of cancer and MS and other horrific conditions. I am glad she finally got the recognition and diagnosis. Cbt and Graded exercise therapy have finally been pulled as recommended treatments. They can actually make it worse in many cases :(

How does she cope now?
Hi I wasnt sure if your original thread was because you had the condition yourself or someone you knew and was seeking info about as you said treatment options.
Yes lots has changed over the years and I even met college student support worker some years ago who has the same struggles to have the condition recognised by hospital doctors..just crazy..🤪🤪🤪😔
Yea I get the impression that chronic fatigue reaction to treatment varies on the individual.In my sisters case we could most definitely sense shs is a walking miracle because at the time the new doctors informed her of the findings in her file put their by the previous doctors she was in a worse state and the available treatments are not like they are now..it happened in the late 90's I think...
it took about 2 years for her to become strong again and return to church ect..
She has has other health issues since that time..but she did learn to cope with M.S..in daily life and regained her physical strength back be doing certain exercises in her flat..and following the advice given to do by the hospital.
And she gave her testimony at church new years eve 1999..about her experience of M.E and you would never believe she even had such a condition..love her to bits..

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Hi I wasnt sure if your original thread was because you had the condition yourself or someone you knew and was seeking info about as you said treatment options.
Yes lots has changed over the years and I even met college student support worker some years ago who has the same struggles to have the condition recognised by hospital doctors..just crazy..🤪🤪🤪😔
Yea I get the impression that chronic fatigue reaction to treatment varies on the individual.In my sisters case we could most definitely sense shs is a walking miracle because at the time the new doctors informed her of the findings in her file put their by the previous doctors she was in a worse state and the available treatments are not like they are now..it happened in the late 90's I think...
She has has other health issues since that time..but she did learn to cope with M.S..in daily life and regained her physical strength back be doing certain exercises in her flat..and following the advice given to do by the hospital.
And she gave her testimony at church new years eve 1999..about her experience of M.E and you would never believe she even had such a condition..love her to bits..
opps I mean M.E not M.S

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
A full recovery is an absolute miracle :) Something like 2-5% of people ever fully recover and even then need to watch in case of a relapse. Praise the Lord she is doing so well 🥳

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
A full recovery is an absolute miracle :) Something like 2-5% of people ever fully recover and even then need to watch in case of a relapse. Praise the Lord she is doing so well 🥳
AMEN..our God is able..hope my contribution helps with ur original request.. 😊

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK

I have had ME/CFS and sad to say the responses I got when asking for help from some believers were less than helpful. So yeah I can believe that. Rest assured some of us know what the OP is going through

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
My ME/CFS was healed by prayer, as back in the day when I got struck with it as a young teenager there wasn't any real help available in my country. So in terms of a cure I haven't got anything helpful to say only that I do understand how it is. I did try gluten free, but for me didn't work . Maybe I didn't try it for long enough? I do know there is a celebrity in the UK, Esther Rantzen, whose daughter found going gluten free helped her massively

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Her experience sounds v like mine. Gradual recovery but I did get there! The healing I had through prayer wasn't instant but took a year (after suffering for many years, about 7 or 8)

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
My ME/CFS was healed by prayer, as back in the day when I got struck with it as a young teenager there wasn't any real help available in my country. So in terms of a cure I haven't got anything helpful to say only that I do understand how it is. I did try gluten free, but for me didn't work . Maybe I didn't try it for long enough? I do know there is a celebrity in the UK, Esther Rantzen, whose daughter found going gluten free helped her massively
so sorry you had to go through it. Thank the Lord for restoring your health though :) that is wonderful.

Though more is being learnt about the illness it is really only the last few years that anyone started to take it seriously in the science world sadly, and at present there is no help they can offer really other than medication to ease some of the symptoms.

I know a few people who have this, and some tried gluten free, but sadly it did not help them. I read others say it did though so perhaps it depends on the individual case...

Thanks for your input :)

G

Glitter

Hi Tararose, I have ME. The only way I know to deal with it is accepting it. Whatever happens, the Lord is in control. I've learned a lot from having it, like perseverance and trusting in the Lord. I'm SO sorry you have it too. I thought I'd be doing long-distance biking and hiking until I was old, like 80, but that's not going to happen. How do you deal with it? Are you housebound? If that's too nosey, don't answer. I'm about 90%-plus housebound.

T

TheIndianGirl

Time to check Vitamin D levels and increase as necessary. High Vitamin D levels (but within the recommended range) can treat many ailments/conditions. I started taking Vitamin D for COVID early last year and my inflammation marker has been the lowest its ever been in 15 years.