Men can you tell if another man is good-looking?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
One good test that I learnt too late sounded like a great idea... before you marry.... try do a Long Trail walk that takes seven days of endurance with them.
Obviously you have to have separate tents.
But the test would help u decide if the person is going to be a life partner. Not a hot affair
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Also, if people can wait a while until after the newness wears off...when you really get to know another person then many times attraction will also wear off.

I have known some guys who seemed completely attractive at first, but after getting to know their personalities their looks even seemed to change. Then again, I have known guys who I didn't find attractive at first but after getting to know them they became much more attractive.

So I guess when it really comes down to it relationship-wise, anyhow, personality and compatibility can have a big impact on physical attractiveness.

But yeah, the seven-day outdoors thing sounds like a good plan....not many are going to actually be looking their best by the second day in and they will especially not be looking their hottest by the seventh day...lol

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
what a funny thread lol, there are so many different matches tho, theres lots and lots of women i just couldnt find my self having a relationship with, but some guy in good shape healthy friendly smile etc that other women would find attactive could. I guess its all about making a connection when it comes to attraction,
Yeah, this is kind of fun...I think we may be a little off topic now...but oh well...lol

Sounds like we are all talking about attraction as it relates to relationship material now.

Some folks are highly attractive at first glance; however, personality can and does have a big impact on that.

I don't know if anyone could truly want a relationship with another person if that other person thought they were the best thing since sliced bread or God's gift to the world...lol

Physical attractiveness does eventually wear off and if that is all you were seeking then all you are left with is just a hollow shell.
And again beauty and good looks are all in the eye of the beholder.

Well, now after these conversations... I'm not even sure if I can tell when a guy is really good-looking or not anymore...lol

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
In your pic it looks like you're in your 20's I have grand children older than that. The work ethics your father and I was raised with are mostly non-existant. People seldom look forward to working overtime any more. My grand kids didn't excersize hard enough at PE to need a shower or change of clothes. Can't write cursive and don't carry books home or walk to school. I'd apologize for my error but most women I've ever met would take it as a complement.

G-night. :)
Thanks. I'll take the compliments. But actually, I'm 61. Yes that's a current , non filtered picture, but I did grow my bangs out. I do work hard. I have taught school K-5 for 16 years, I'm now just subbing one day a week, but I also work 4 days a week as a P.E Coach for K-5 and I do private security on weekends. I understand hard work and all the things someone my age has had to learn in school and learn in life. So I think we're on the same page that things aren't like they used to be.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Also, if people can wait a while until after the newness wears off...when you really get to know another person then many times attraction will also wear off.

I have known some guys who seemed completely attractive at first, but after getting to know their personalities their looks even seemed to change. Then again, I have known guys who I didn't find attractive at first but after getting to know them they became much more attractive.

So I guess when it really comes down to it relationship-wise, anyhow, personality and compatibility can have a big impact on physical attractiveness.

But yeah, the seven-day outdoors thing sounds like a good plan....not many are going to actually be looking their best by the second day in and they will especially not be looking their hottest by the seventh day...lol
I want to be with a person that I really like. Someone I would want to hang out with even if things didn't get serious. Just a really good person. And then we can see where it goes, but I definitely want someone I like hanging out with too. As far as looks, I do agree there are lots of things that make a person attractive.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
It was funny when my girls and I had a talk about what I wanted in my future now being a widow for a few years, I said, "I want to be married again someday". They said, "Mom, then you've got to date." I just frowned and said ugh.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021

lol, i just kinda checked out this thread as i was just reading all the new posts that had come in, i saw you had posted and thats why i clicked on it, i really have no idea about the thread title question lol. personally tho my feelings are you cant have a good relationship with someone else unless you have a good one with yourself, like being a good friend to your self and confident about your self is always a good step in the right direction, how other people view you is really only important if there your friend :)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Who is or isn't good looking is entirely subjective but yes I can pay another man a compliment and that doesn't make me gay

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
I think one of the most attractive things about a man is his sense of humor and if hes kind and considerate. Also, its pretty dang cute when he's so humble about himself that he doesn't realize when women are obviously flirting. I like that. Its sweet.