Men's opinion wanted. Women to!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nw2u

Wow! You are such a strong young woman. God Bless You. I am sorry I don't have any advice for you. You are in my prayers.

W

Wukong59

You might want to try out eharmony.com or christianmingle.com which you put in a lot of information about yourself to include your specific faith and the type of person you're looking for.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
I am a single mother of a 5 month old precious little boy. My son was conceived out of rape, adding a lot of problems to my personal situation and opinion of men (sorry guys - one bad spot can ruin it for the whole lot sometimes). I am at the point now where I am starting to want to try to find a good male role model for him for the future, someone to show him how to become a good, christian, God-loving Man.To treat women correctly, to have biblical morals, etc.
I am starting to wonder about dating again but have SERIOUS reservations because of my past and am not sure how to find a christian man to befriend...all the christian men at my church are 60+ right now and not sure that would be good if I want the male role model to stick around......
I wish so much that there were more younger guys these days that are God-loving men.

So Men, How would you suggest finding a male role model to be a friend to me and a model for my son, and under what criteria?

Women, How can I not be too judgemental but neither to soft on the imperfections i know every man will have? And how to overcome the opinion I have formed of men in general because of my past?

(really Both genders are free to answer both questions)

Remain as you are, if God desires for you to find Mr Right, then He will guide Him into your life. but if you go looking for Mr Right, you may find Mr Wrong, because you desire to find Mr Right so bad, you tend to miss the red flags that so often present themselves with a Mr Wrong. Be content with where you are at in your life right now. If God wants you to be with someone, He will put him into your life.

^i^

H

Hava91

Lol i appreciate the advice abt me dating or "mr right" but im more concered with male role models xD i live waaaaaay out in the country so finding ppl is hard, and my church is olderr men, which i suppose is okay...just none of them would be able to run / play ball with him lol. i guess God will provide whatever we NEED...so if doesnt happen it must not need to lol

Dec 14, 2009
Ok so first of all, take enough time until you feel comfortable enough because that is a tough thing my love.

Also realise that the heart of a person is more than their spoken belief.

The true character of someone will be shown in their actions, not how many times a day they pray. Remember that.

Try to be as kind to the man as you would have him be to you. it won't be easy for him to deal with your trauma either, but he'll want to help. Let him know how he can do that.

Look for a man who smiles a lot. Who can make you laugh. Who can lighten the mood for you.

Remember that God is forgiving. You will have your day to ask the questions that you need to ask and God will allow you to understand it all.

Right now, all we can do is love one another, and that will bring a degree of forgiveness into your life too.

Nobody deserves what happened to you, but there are plenty of us who will love you all the more for how you have handled it all.

God bless you.

A

astropithacus

the best thing to do is pray about it someone will come along im sure of it try to stay open to the idea this might be the hard part cause of what happen and try not to think all guys will rape you or are bad most are not still just pray alot

J

journey161

Hey! trust in God! lean towards ur own understanding. everyone will have an opinion. but you should only be waiting on one answer! i know its hard and u have some issues when it comes to men. i do as well. i find it hard to leave the past in the past. let the Lord be a light to ur path and follw His lead. Men can be wolves in sheep clothing. stay prayed up.

C

chuinchoy

The role model is to guide your child to live a life that pleases our lord. beside this, you need to bring him to sunday school in your church as well. If there is none, find 1 that is. If still not possible, ask mature christian to do it. Sunday school is a good way for beginners (baby in christ) to build spiritual foundation. After this, would be youth fellowship to learn the word of God (spiritual food).

H

Hava91

we go to sabbath school already lol even at his young age. this way he can learn that learning about God is fun =)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I am a single mother of a 5 month old precious little boy. My son was conceived out of rape, adding a lot of problems to my personal situation and opinion of men (sorry guys - one bad spot can ruin it for the whole lot sometimes). I am at the point now where I am starting to want to try to find a good male role model for him for the future, someone to show him how to become a good, christian, God-loving Man.To treat women correctly, to have biblical morals, etc.
I am starting to wonder about dating again but have SERIOUS reservations because of my past and am not sure how to find a christian man to befriend...all the christian men at my church are 60+ right now and not sure that would be good if I want the male role model to stick around......
I wish so much that there were more younger guys these days that are God-loving men.

So Men, How would you suggest finding a male role model to be a friend to me and a model for my son, and under what criteria?

Women, How can I not be too judgemental but neither to soft on the imperfections i know every man will have? And how to overcome the opinion I have formed of men in general because of my past?

(really Both genders are free to answer both questions)

Here's a little experiment for you:

Have a woman make a detailed list of the quailities she wants in a man. Then go out and find the man who embodies all these qualities. Then arrainge for the two of them to innocently 'bump into each other'.

I have $100 that says she won't give him the time of day.

Moral: that guy you just brushed off because he didn't excite you - give him a second chance.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
BTW the above works both ways. Humans, oy vey.

K

kkt6

You have went through a really traumatic experience, and I don't think that you are ready to enter a relationship . What i would recommend is to lean on the male members of your family for a role model for your son. And try to get some counselling from pastors at your church just to make sure you are stable emotionally especially after all what you have been through. You are still young and God will provide for you no need to rush and do things on your strength. Remember he is made strong in your weakness 2 Corinthians 12:9

All the best chick I know that God has a plan for you and your son all you got to do is trust in Him.