Merry Christmas to You!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18


​

As I decorate my Christmas tree, I think of how the fir was used to explain the Trinity. It has three points, yet is one tree.

As I string on the lights, I meditate on this: Jesus is the light of the world.

As I top it with a star, I reflect on how the magi followed the Star of Bethlehem to see our Savior.

When I put the gifts underneath, I imagine the gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh presented to Him.

As I fill my children’s stockings with candy canes, the shepherds that visited Jesus and their crooks come to mind.

When I decorate with red, I meditate on the blood shed by our Messiah. When I trim the house in green, I consider the everlasting life God gave to me.

Early Christmas morning, the kids run downstairs. Wrapping paper is flying and the kids are all smiling. Then they gather round to hear the Christmas story read from my Bible.

(From Luke 2:16-21) “So [the shepherds] hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.”


I pray all of your Christmases are meaningful and merry!