Migraines advice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Good Morning everyone

Ive been really having a fight with migraines for a few days now and wondered if any of you have some advice?
I took my first triptane the other day but it did really make me dizzy and even a bit sick for a while.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Good Morning everyone

Ive been really having a fight with migraines for a few days now and wondered if any of you have some advice?
I took my first triptane the other day but it did really make me dizzy and even a bit sick for a while.
Chiropractic exam is ideal. Some people suffer migraine pain because they are out of joint. Also, the cranial plates can be misaligned. This happens typically during vaginal birth. The cranial plates in the newborns skull are malleable, soft, so as to easily glide through the vaginal canal into this world.
If they do not align properly with their adjoining sutures plate to plate, everything in the rest of the body follows.
This can be one cause of TMJ.
I had TMJ most of my life. My jaw would look crooked in photos. I'd hear a click when I hinged my mouth wide open and then close.
In my middle 20's I took a picture with my mom. At that point we were just the two of us in the picture and I was much taller than in other pictures where we were photographed in groups. Now I could judge our jaws near side by side. Turned out both our jaws aligned identical. With a very slight angle to the left.
Because mom's cranial plates, skull plates, were misaligned at her birth, because after that the plates start to gradually harden and shift into what should be ideal alignment had there not been a misalignment while traveling head first through the birth canal, the sutures that are slightly misaligned and hardened end up misaligning the entire body from the head down. That's why people with TMJ also have that one leg slightly longer than the other.

I thankfully did not suffer migraine. However, I did suffer in other ways. Then I went to a blessedly gifted Reflexologist who aligned my jaw. My Chiropractor worked on my skull and the rest of my spinal structure. And today there is no click, there is no one leg shorter slightly so than the other.

That's one suggestion. Well, two actually. Chiropractics and Reflexology. Especially if you notice a click in your jaw and have a slight occasional skip , where one foot slightly scrapes the ground as you walk. Someone can also tell if you have this if you lay flat on a bed. They stand at the foot of the bed and with your shoes on or off will be able to see if the soles of your feet align perfectly side by side. If not that's the "short leg long leg" I was speaking of. And is always the case if someone has TMJ. Dental issues can arise with that as well. Just an FYI.

Nutritionally, one great thing that according to Dr.Oz can cure migraine spells is if you drink Quinoa milk. It is high in fiber, Riboflavin and Magnesium.
Also, watch your diet. Diet can cause migraines. You can look this up if you wish on search sites.

Chewing ginger helps during an spell of migraine pain. Raw ginger, a very small piece, helps as an anti-inflammatory and reduces swelling. There's crystallized ginger too that you can add to that regimen if you want. Very tasty and spicy.

Feverfew herb is another help. It comes in tea form or capsules. Tea , or the tincture, is the fastest absorption. If you drink herb teas try to drink them straight for the most absorption of nutrients. Don't add honey and certainly not sugar as you would in coffee.

I hope this helps. I have a friend who had debilitating migraines for years. She'd miss work because she couldn't get out of bed. Together we helped research and find what helped. Today she's nearly migraine free. If she gets one it is very slight and doesn't last long because she drinks the tea or grabs a small piece of raw ginger.

Blessings on your journey to healing.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Chiropractic exam is ideal. Some people suffer migraine pain because they are out of joint. Also, the cranial plates can be misaligned. This happens typically during vaginal birth. The cranial plates in the newborns skull are malleable, soft, so as to easily glide through the vaginal canal into this world.
If they do not align properly with their adjoining sutures plate to plate, everything in the rest of the body follows.
This can be one cause of TMJ.
I had TMJ most of my life. My jaw would look crooked in photos. I'd hear a click when I hinged my mouth wide open and then close.
In my middle 20's I took a picture with my mom. At that point we were just the two of us in the picture and I was much taller than in other pictures where we were photographed in groups. Now I could judge our jaws near side by side. Turned out both our jaws aligned identical. With a very slight angle to the left.
Because mom's cranial plates, skull plates, were misaligned at her birth, because after that the plates start to gradually harden and shift into what should be ideal alignment had there not been a misalignment while traveling head first through the birth canal, the sutures that are slightly misaligned and hardened end up misaligning the entire body from the head down. That's why people with TMJ also have that one leg slightly longer than the other.

I thankfully did not suffer migraine. However, I did suffer in other ways. Then I went to a blessedly gifted Reflexologist who aligned my jaw. My Chiropractor worked on my skull and the rest of my spinal structure. And today there is no click, there is no one leg shorter slightly so than the other.

That's one suggestion. Well, two actually. Chiropractics and Reflexology. Especially if you notice a click in your jaw and have a slight occasional skip , where one foot slightly scrapes the ground as you walk. Someone can also tell if you have this if you lay flat on a bed. They stand at the foot of the bed and with your shoes on or off will be able to see if the soles of your feet align perfectly side by side. If not that's the "short leg long leg" I was speaking of. And is always the case if someone has TMJ. Dental issues can arise with that as well. Just an FYI.

Nutritionally, one great thing that according to Dr.Oz can cure migraine spells is if you drink Quinoa milk. It is high in fiber, Riboflavin and Magnesium.
Also, watch your diet. Diet can cause migraines. You can look this up if you wish on search sites.

Chewing ginger helps during an spell of migraine pain. Raw ginger, a very small piece, helps as an anti-inflammatory and reduces swelling. There's crystallized ginger too that you can add to that regimen if you want. Very tasty and spicy.

Feverfew herb is another help. It comes in tea form or capsules. Tea , or the tincture, is the fastest absorption. If you drink herb teas try to drink them straight for the most absorption of nutrients. Don't add honey and certainly not sugar as you would in coffee.

I hope this helps. I have a friend who had debilitating migraines for years. She'd miss work because she couldn't get out of bed. Together we helped research and find what helped. Today she's nearly migraine free. If she gets one it is very slight and doesn't last long because she drinks the tea or grabs a small piece of raw ginger.

Blessings on your journey to healing.
Thanks for your post. Usually my migraines are triggered by stress and weather changes. I was told to take high dosed riboflavin but it makes my eyes highly hypersensitive and painful so I cannot take it regularly.
Im a C section child.
And with me already having issues drinking enough (and my body taking in thr water, enough) makes it risk to tale magnesium daily for a longer time

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Understood. There's always Chiropractics and Reflexology. Deep tissue massage is great too. And the ginger.

Feb 28, 2016
Demi,

I, me, the misses, had migraines in my one digit years - I now know why -
it's obvious to the both of us that you Love Jesus and that He is 'calling you-out' -
READ, make it a priority, inhale His Words of Life, it's the only way, Trust in Him, !!!

K

Karraster

Hi, have you considered food allergies? My daughter discovered she is gluten sensitive, and since going gluten free no more headaches. A week or so of no gluten should give you an indication. Hope you figure it out soon.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hi, have you considered food allergies? My daughter discovered she is gluten sensitive, and since going gluten free no more headaches. A week or so of no gluten should give you an indication. Hope you figure it out soon.
Yes but I avoid what i cant eat. I havent been able tp figure out anyfood trigger so far

R

renewed_hope

Yes but I avoid what i cant eat. I havent been able tp figure out anyfood trigger so far
It doesnt necessarily have to be a food trigger. It could be a smell, maybe a lack of protein or sugar, stress, anxiety. All of these things can be triggers for migraines. Do you keep a journal about what you smell, where you've been, foods or food groups you ate or haven't, stress and anxiety levels? My neurologist tells me this is a good place to start. Sometimes they relate and yet sometimes they don't. If you have a lot of things on your plate, maybe take some things off so you can find time to relax, if you don't get outside and exercise, then go for a walk after dinner. Trust me migraines are not fun as I have had them since I was 8 and increased since I had multiple head injuries in 2016. If needed then get onto medications to help. I personally take Tylenol for them because I grew an immunity to Aleve which is what I was taking.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
It doesnt necessarily have to be a food trigger. It could be a smell, maybe a lack of protein or sugar, stress, anxiety. All of these things can be triggers for migraines. Do you keep a journal about what you smell, where you've been, foods or food groups you ate or haven't, stress and anxiety levels? My neurologist tells me this is a good place to start. Sometimes they relate and yet sometimes they don't. If you have a lot of things on your plate, maybe take some things off so you can find time to relax, if you don't get outside and exercise, then go for a walk after dinner. Trust me migraines are not fun as I have had them since I was 8 and increased since I had multiple head injuries in 2016. If needed then get onto medications to help. I personally take Tylenol for them because I grew an immunity to Aleve which is what I was taking.
I just Know stress, weather changes and stress relief trigger them. The worst I had was a Cluster which the pain made me pass out after like 6hrs of suffering.
I took naratriptane the other day and it helped. But it didn't take it away completely

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Good Morning everyone

Can be bad air, stress, too much of noise, worries, bad light, hot weather, bad sleep...

Hard to say :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am learning there is a spiritual root to illness, we know it isn't the will of G-d for any of us to be sick, He didn't create us to make us sick, if that were so anytime we go to the dr. we would be living in open rebellion. I am finding through the ministry of Curry Blake and changing the way I pray, G-d has been relieving me of all manner of maladies, pain being one.
Just a couple months ago I was awakened with a charly horse, and many of us know the drill, straighten the leg, hold it while the muscle spasm runs its course. This time I was awakened by the spasm just starting, the Lord said " Speak to the pain", I said "pain be gone in Jesus Name", immediately the pain subsided, within 3 seconds it was all gone. Then He said, "go drink some water, you are dehydrated", which I was.
We know from scripture the instruction given the 12, "freely you have been given, freely give", so I offer this to you freely as was given to me. Speak to the pain, "pain be gone in Jesus Name".
Let us know how He responds as we all know He loves you very much.

A short time ago I had three charly horses within a few minutes, each time I spoke against the pain, "pain be gone in Jesus Name", each time it subsided immediately, and of course I was dehydrated again so I spent the day rehydrating.
bless you Demi

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
How are you doing Demi???
prayer sent for you healing and restoration, in Jesus Name.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
How are you doing Demi???
prayer sent for you healing and restoration, in Jesus Name.

Havent been dealing with a lot pf migraines so much. My back has been the worst but God has been merciful

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Having great success around here with pain no matter where.
"Pain be gone in Jesus Name' is the prayer He has honored for me. Pain cannot be His will for you, He only does good for us and promises His ever present help in times of trouble.
Thank you for the update,
blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
MAgnesium, that is a big deal.
It has helped me.
Hear that Demi?
Thanks

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Demi, I can relate I suffer from migraines, the biggest thing for me is to make sure I am well enough hydrated. Taking pain relief early can help. Otherwise I will be sick, and just have to be in a dark, cool, quiet room, with no smells and just sleep

P

pjharrison

Try a sinus tablet, make sure it has acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine maleate, and phenylephrine hcl in it or make sure it has acetaminophen, diphenhydramine hcl, and phenylephrine hcl. long as it has a pain reliever an antihistamine, and a nasal decongestant. Sometimes the sinuses are too dry so it makes your head hurt. Take two every four hours until the headache goes away. Just try it. It may work.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
or ask the Great Healer.

Janna38

Jul 2, 2018
Or take an ibuprofen