Migraines advice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I had severe, debilitating migraines for years. I took nasal sprays, worked my way up to needles.

I finally figured out out my stomach was damaged by all the meds I was on. Some were harsh cancer drugs, prednisone, and antibiotics. So, I got on some good meds via needle, so my stomach started healing.

My worst triggers were overripe bananas, grapefruit and other citrus. So I went off citrus for a few years, and developed scurvy! I kid you not! So I went back on citrus, because my stomach was in better shape, the scurvy healed!

My DIL gets terrible migraines since she was 10, when she was dropped in her head in a trust circle at Christian camp. But when she is pregnant she doesn’t get them.

i think there are probably as many causes for migraines as there are people with migraines.

I would keep keep a food diary, temperatures, humidity, barometric pressure and anything else you can connect to migraines. Finding the trigger is the first step. Then staying away from the trigger. Although, sometimes finding the trigger is like finding a needle in a haystack!

Praying you find some answers.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
keeping in mind we will not be standing before the Great Ibuprofen Tablet when our eternity starts.
Remember the instruction "you have not because you ask not"?
and "let your requests be known to The Father"?
Those aren't just suggestions, worldly people will give worldly suggestions, spiritual people will give spiritual suggests

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
keeping in mind we will not be standing before the Great Ibuprofen Tablet when our eternity starts.
Remember the instruction "you have not because you ask not"?
and "let your requests be known to The Father"?
Those aren't just suggestions, worldly people will give worldly suggestions, spiritual people will give spiritual suggests

Spoken like someone who has never been sick a day in their life, because they are genetically and naturally healthy. Like my 88 year old mom, who only became a Christian a few years ago, and didn't depend on God for health, wealth or anything else. And yet, she has it all!

We live in a fallen world. God does not promise us health! He promises he will be with him. I'm going to say a prayer for you, shittim, that when you do become sick, and don't get healed, you will not lose your faith!

Besides, that the Ibuprofen myth was already debunked. It doesn't help migraines. Got it?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
oh yes, I have been sick in the past, but not anymore.
Yes, we live in a fallen world, that is why Jesus came, He never said to the sick, "this ones too tough for me, you better go to the dr",
and He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
The Book of Acts is normal Christianity, we have mucked it up for a couple thousand years.
It isn't His will that any of us become ill and He is more than pleased to heal and restore us, the problem is never His end, it is ALWAYS down here.
There are 4 types of people here on earth,
Unsaved
Newly saved
Carnal Christians
Spiritual Christians
If and when we grow in faith and obedience to become spiritual Christians many of His truths of how to access His healing and restoration will be revealed.
Most people who claim Christ stop at salvation, (fire insurance),
and don't grow past that point.
Teaching on accessing His healing and restoration is readily available and never been easier, He really wants His church back.

Jul 10, 2018
I get a migraine every day, a lot of times it'll affect my hearing and on rare occasion my vision. I've had it checked out and theirs basically nothing that they can do besides pain medication.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He is still the Great Healer

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Good Morning everyone

Ive been really having a fight with migraines for a few days now and wondered if any of you have some advice?
I took my first triptane the other day but it did really make me dizzy and even a bit sick for a while.
Hello,

I suffered migraines since 1992. TBI caused. I was on everything that could be given both to prevent and stop when started. Finally nothing worked or I built up an immune. My neurologist was going to send me to a headache Clinic and recommended Botox injections.

That was enough my last straw. I started researching. In 2013 I started making tea from ginger root, turmeric root, and lemon grass. I drank the tea daily. I stopped having migraines. If I did have a ( cycle) one it was very mild and easily broke.

No more meds.

I hope this helps. Also the lack of magnesium in your body or low levels can cause migraines.

Aug 4, 2018
Good Morning everyone

Ive been really having a fight with migraines for a few days now and wondered if any of you have some advice?
I took my first triptane the other day but it did really make me dizzy and even a bit sick for a while.
I found that hibiscus tea calms migraine headaches. Try it if you'd like. But also research it. A friend of mine did try the tea and said it helped a lot.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
maybe a half of whatever prescription to let the body adjust?

Janna38

Jul 2, 2018
Or try piercing your ears. Google it for more info.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
wow Demi- new glasses???
They look great!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
ok, they still look great, a nice, big, field of view.
Lord bless you and keep you Demi.
I speak health and healing over Demi in Jesus Name.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
As a retired reflexologist, I have seen barometric migraines disappear instantly. Some improvement is better than none. Reflexology, like acupuncture, has been scientifically established and is not some new age weirdism.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I never get migraines but I don't know what my secret is, if I have one. Lots of high-calorie, salty, fried food maybe? Sorry you are getting them, Demi. :( I know there are prescription meds for them, but I don't know any natural remedies... I'd go by what Faith-In-Christ posted though, she's a nurse (at least I think that's what she said in one of her posts). I have also heard that reflexology is effective, as mentioned in the post above.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
I use to have migraines every week....found out it was the caffeine in the Tylenol migraine that my body was wanting more of and I quit all caffeine, and I cant tell you when I have had a headache or migraine