MILLIONAIRE PASTORS, ISIT A JOB OR MINISTRY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
God has shown me about the triditions of man, and the greed of the watchmen he put over his sheep. in seeing and understanding what God has said.
I have chosen to take my tyithes and offerings and give them directly to someone who I know that's in need.
they have house(s) worth hundreds of thousand and millions of dollars. but not help the homeless to get a one bedroom aprt. or10'x13" studio. when they want to feed the hungry they ask stores to donate the food and not take it from the church as Jesus did. why would he tell the rich soldier to sell all his good and give it to the poor, then christian think he want them to be rich.

what do you think about a minister of God being rich. and owning many very exspensive houses in different states, and even in other country. and having their own jets,
one magazine said that they will fly to Paris for breakfaast and to another country for lunch.... things like this that are not for ministry work.. nor for kingdom edification........

S

Sooner28

Yeah the Gospels are pretty explicit about Jesus view of the ultra rich so I don't think he would approve of spending money like that

Jan 8, 2009
I dont think it's a problem if they earnt that money but if they take it from donations or tithes that's wrong.

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
I dont think it's a problem if they earnt that money but if they take it from donations or tithes that's wrong.
Some can make alot of money from books and stuff I guess but I can't see a real man of God living a lavish lifestyle while there are christians living in extreme poverity all over the world. Which the bible says that if you have and there is a brother in need you will give if you are His.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Faith in Jesus has shown me that those that Love Jesus dont need to have so much. I have also seen those that have alot of faith and have money give in many ways that most do not see because of their faith. The rich christians I know give in a way that is not seen as they believe the glory belongs to God.
I have seen both rich and poor that are selfish.
As I see it it is not about how much you have but how much you give.
Thankyou Jesus for reminding me again of your love and teachings.
God bless, pickles

D

Definition_Christ

1 Corinthians 9
11 If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things?
12 If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ.
13 Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the altar partake of the offerings of the altar?
14 Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel.
15 But I have used none of these things, nor have I written these things that it should be done so to me; for it would be better for me to die than that anyone should make my boasting void.
16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!
17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship.
18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.

1still_waters

Proverbs 30

7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die: 8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

T

tryingtofindhim

God has shown me about the triditions of man, and the greed of the watchmen he put over his sheep. in seeing and understanding what God has said.
I have chosen to take my tyithes and offerings and give them directly to someone who I know that's in need.
they have house(s) worth hundreds of thousand and millions of dollars. but not help the homeless to get a one bedroom aprt. or10'x13" studio. when they want to feed the hungry they ask stores to donate the food and not take it from the church as Jesus did. why would he tell the rich soldier to sell all his good and give it to the poor, then christian think he want them to be rich.

what do you think about a minister of God being rich. and owning many very exspensive houses in different states, and even in other country. and having their own jets,
one magazine said that they will fly to Paris for breakfaast and to another country for lunch.... things like this that are not for ministry work.. nor for kingdom edification........
I believe it depends on where they get the money. I mean if they get money by selling something or writing books thats fine, but if they take if from the church that's no good.

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007
Proverbs 30

7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die: 8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.
My thoughts exactly. if it's wisdom to not have too much money, then a pastor shouldn't have too much. I mean, millions? Holy crap God gave Him that and would have plenty to give back while still living a normal life.

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
I guess my view is different by what I read in Duet 28:1-14. If we read through scriptures all who obeyed God were wealth healthy and wise. Now don't confuse this that because you live for God you won't be sick nor lacking. But so often ppl see millionairs pastors as thieves. Yet if you yourself was a millionair and serving God then there is nothing wrong with that. The tithes are for the pastor as it was written for the priest. What about the pastor who does not work a job, but works for the ministry. Making house calls, visiting prisons, hospitols, and such things. He is working and seeking God on our behalf. The Bible also says that he who sows bountifully shall reap bountifully. That goes for time, money, and ministry. Ever heard the phrase the more you give the more he give to you, and you can't beat God giving.

J

Jordan9

The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor; the wicked does not understand such concern. - Prov. 29:7

"Did not your father eat and drink, and do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him. He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; then it was well. Is that not what it means to know Me?" declares the LORD. Jer. 22:16 (Emphasis my own.)

I am shocked. God does not say, "So long as you made the money yourself, do whatever you want with it." God tells us, clearly, that those who do not serve the poor do not know Him. Service is at the very heart of Christian life, and any pastor who sits on millions of dollars while the poor in his city languish is no pastor I am interested in learning from.

D

Definition_Christ

Matthew 6
6:19
"Do not store up for yourselves wealth here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and burglars break in and steal.
6:20
Instead, store up for yourselves wealth in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and burglars do not break in or steal.
6:21
For where your wealth is, there your heart will be also.

For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So if our heart is filled with heavenly joy we will continue speaking about heavenly things, if our heart is on earthly treasures we will just be talking about fleshly matters.

Proverbs 4
20 My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;

Last edited:

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007
I guess my view is different by what I read in Duet 28:1-14. If we read through scriptures all who obeyed God were wealth healthy and wise. Now don't confuse this that because you live for God you won't be sick nor lacking. But so often ppl see millionairs pastors as thieves. Yet if you yourself was a millionair and serving God then there is nothing wrong with that. The tithes are for the pastor as it was written for the priest. What about the pastor who does not work a job, but works for the ministry. Making house calls, visiting prisons, hospitols, and such things. He is working and seeking God on our behalf. The Bible also says that he who sows bountifully shall reap bountifully. That goes for time, money, and ministry. Ever heard the phrase the more you give the more he give to you, and you can't beat God giving.
I understand this, but if a pastor has millions of dollars then shouldn't he keep giving? Also I agree that we can't out give God, but how God gives back to us when we give isn't always measured in currency( even though he does provide in this way) and neither is being "wealthy" always measured in currency. Definition posted what i was going to say lol. i just read that today!

Status
Not open for further replies.