Am I like you because I breath the same air?
Are you like me because we have the same hair?
Am I like you because of my face,
Do you mean the smiles we share with each embrace?
More like the sun that sparkles in my eyes,
or maybe the salt tear we shared as we cried.
Am I like you because of my walk,
The way I smile when your mouth talks?
Did you see me when I hurt my shin;
I only cried because I didn't see you then.
Is there more to life than seems,
if not should I even continue daring to dream?
You are more like me each day,
I looked over my shoulder smiling seeing you follow my way
Do we not share smiles we each embrace?
Each day we meet I see you in I and I in you.
Joy greets me when I see you,
Peace kisses me as you come through to see me.
Yes I saw you when you fell,
why did think I would leave you in that hell?
I was there all along,
Tell me from where did you hear that song that healed
You were there and I did not know?
Where then did your shadow go
Son you look for me in ways I do not flow,
you look to the sun,
I am the shine,
You look for me in drinks
Well I am indeed the wine.
Are you like me because we have the same hair?
Am I like you because of my face,
Do you mean the smiles we share with each embrace?
More like the sun that sparkles in my eyes,
or maybe the salt tear we shared as we cried.
Am I like you because of my walk,
The way I smile when your mouth talks?
Did you see me when I hurt my shin;
I only cried because I didn't see you then.
Is there more to life than seems,
if not should I even continue daring to dream?
You are more like me each day,
I looked over my shoulder smiling seeing you follow my way
Do we not share smiles we each embrace?
Each day we meet I see you in I and I in you.
Joy greets me when I see you,
Peace kisses me as you come through to see me.
Yes I saw you when you fell,
why did think I would leave you in that hell?
I was there all along,
Tell me from where did you hear that song that healed
You were there and I did not know?
Where then did your shadow go
Son you look for me in ways I do not flow,
you look to the sun,
I am the shine,
You look for me in drinks
Well I am indeed the wine.