mmmm.....warm again

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Senior Member
Jun 13, 2010
27,214
164
63
570439360_xl.png


just got it going, for another day. so nice.
a lot of work with the wood and cleanup, but so worth it.
anyone else love their woodstove?
 
having a wood stove myself, I wondered where the wood stacked up beside it was.

Mine just doesn't look so clean. We use real logs cut to fit. What do you use? But the thing I love about wood stoves is that they only need one good fire in the morning - the heat lasts all day.
 
It's the best the kind of heating there is!

If I ever get around to buying a house it has to be one with a woodstove / fireplace.

PS: Protip from the chimney sweeps:
Although you should never use paper as your main fuel (creates soot which causes chimney fire) , you SHOULD use it when you start a fire if it's cold, because it will push out the "lid" of cold air that will otherwise keep the fire from burning pure. (If it doesn't get enough oxygen, it can create toxic fumes)
 
having a wood stove myself, I wondered where the wood stacked up beside it was.

Mine just doesn't look so clean. We use real logs cut to fit. What do you use? But the thing I love about wood stoves is that they only need one good fire in the morning - the heat lasts all day.

I use chopped wood too. used to use fire bricks but they're too expansive this year. I get the wood myself. << very hard, esp when sick
I agree....I love mine
 
570439360_xl.png


just got it going, for another day. so nice.
a lot of work with the wood and cleanup, but so worth it.
anyone else love their woodstove?

............................................................. M y D r e a m... c o m e T r u e.

thats awesome....
 
570439360_xl.png


just got it going, for another day. so nice.
a lot of work with the wood and cleanup, but so worth it.
anyone else love their woodstove?

Very pretty, sister Zone. Looking through that window, it looks like snow on the ground of a harvested field. Reminds me of the farms in Eastern Pennsylvania or maybe even Northern Ohio. :)

I really like wood stoves and have had one in years past. But I'm in Texas now and even in the "coldest" winter here, you can pretty much get away with wearing a sweater or light coat until springtime.

Btw, I love that Carole King "Tapestry" album in your avatar. :D
 
Very pretty, sister Zone. Looking through that window, it looks like snow on the ground of a harvested field. Reminds me of the farms in Eastern Pennsylvania or maybe even Northern Ohio. :)

I really like wood stoves and have had one in years past. But I'm in Texas now and even in the "coldest" winter here, you can pretty much get away with wearing a sweater or light coat until springtime.

Btw, I love that Carole King "Tapestry" album in your avatar. :D

hey thanks
that's not my house. I live in BC.
I picked it because it's nearly identical to mine. only diff is no stone feature wall.

I love texas! used to go through every year for a decade with my late husband. love it.

somebody here years ago asked me what I looked like. before I had a smart phone etc...she was the only one I could think of. or debra winger. but old:) now.

okay. ciao
 
somebody here years ago asked me what I looked like. before I had a smart phone etc...she was the only one I could think of. or debra winger. but old:) now.

okay. ciao

Now, now sister Zone.... you're not old at all. You stop saying that!! You're nowhere near being old.

(Plus I'm 3 years your senior so that's even more reason not to say you're old!!!) :rolleyes:
LOL

C'mon! We got a lotta kick left in us. ;)

tumblr_ogika74gGx1tk6scko1_500.gif
 
I lived in the Kootenays for 7 years in my early 20's. we had no electricity or running water, but we had wood heat and a large wood lot. I grew to live the even heat a wood stove threw out.

In my 30's we lived in the Lower Mainland and ended up with a wood stove, even though it was in a city. Hubby and the kids had to go get wood, and it was great for the first year or two. Suddenly I developed terrible life threatening allergies to wood smoke, (and even opening the door to put in fresh logs could send me to the ER). That was the sad end of a deep love for wood heat!
 
so foggy and chilly today. I thought I'd enjoy some walnut toffee.
don't do it!

dentistas.jpg
 
I dont think ive ever tried walnut toffee..it surely sounds delicious though. send some over to germany!! lol
 
570439360_xl.png


just got it going, for another day. so nice.
a lot of work with the wood and cleanup, but so worth it.
anyone else love their woodstove?

absolutely.....with winters here in the creek bottom occasionally hitting minus 25c ...I burn about 5 to 7 cords a winter...cranking right now nice and toasty in my house...had about -5 c this morning...