Morals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2021
Are my you born with morals or are morals taught? What's considered a good moral person in Gods eyes? Anyone is welcome to share there views. God Bless🙌🙏

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
RMS 2:14/15 For when the Gentiles,which have NOT THE LAW,do by NATURE the things contained in the law,these having not the law,are a law UNTO THEMSELVES:
Which show the WORK of the law WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS,their CONSCIENCE also bearing witness,and their THOUGHTS mean while ACCUSING or else EXCUSING one another).

Morals are an individuals values or standards regarding right and wrong that they live by.

The Moral Law given by God to Moses for the Israelites are the 10 Commandants. These teach how man is supposed to relate to God and his fellow humanity.

Some morals are intrinsic or by our nature ( the kind of person we are).
Compassion,empathy kindness and honesty are natural because people generally want to be good. These come from deep within and are expressed outwards to others.

Some morals that we call manners are taught from birth.
Saying thank you or your welcome shows expression of appreciation or gratitude.

Self control and self respect are also taught when understanding is reached.

At the foundation most want respect and to be found good in society. However Jesus said there is none good save one that is ,God Luke 18:18/19.
The bar or standard of living for God is a very high one,with God nothing is impossible!
So my thoughts whether your values,standards or morals are intrinsic or taught by loving parents, we must reach even higher to attain Gods morals or standards for right living.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
The Moral Law given by God to Moses for the Israelites are the 10 Commandants. These teach how man is supposed to relate to God and his fellow humanity.
Actually, the moral "law" given to Moses is the Torah, the 1st five books of our Bibles. Not really "law," though there are some laws given therein, they are really just God's instructions to us in living holy lives. They are how we should walk with a Holy God (which you seem to say something similar there).

As you also say, and I wholeheartedly agree, we are born with some kind of moral awareness. But I would also say that mostly our morals are a product of learning; the home and society we grow up in. Also the company we keep can effect our morality:

1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
Prov 25:26 Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.

1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
1 Cor 5:11-13 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

My opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Are my you born with morals or are morals taught? What's considered a good moral person in Gods eyes? Anyone is welcome to share there views. God Bless🙌🙏
the gospel is the morality of Gods children ! It’s something we hear and believe as we are able to grasp it will make us grow and change this morality in us

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

bad morals come out in our deeds , but Christ is able to change that so that Gods morals are written on our heart rather than some of those things being written .

convictions lead us whether good of bad and our actions are just like fruit growing from that tree within this changes us

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s the word of Christ that does that for us as we believe he works in us to change our moral convictions so our deeds change

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

as we learn the things Christ taught we’re learning the standard of Gods morals as we believe we become convicted and change because we’re believers in him

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Actually, the moral "law" given to Moses is the Torah, the 1st five books of our Bibles. Not really "law," though there are some laws given therein, they are really just God's instructions to us in living holy lives. They are how we should walk with a Holy God (which you seem to say something similar there).

As you also say, and I wholeheartedly agree, we are born with some kind of moral awareness. But I would also say that mostly our morals are a product of learning; the home and society we grow up in. Also the company we keep can effect our morality:

1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
Prov 25:26 Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.

1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
1 Cor 5:11-13 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

My opinion. Your mileage may vary.
It's a lonely dinner table if you expel everyone who is sexually immoral, greedy, idolaters, slanderers, drunkard, or swindlers...
The main thing is what they say and do at the table... aren't you describing sinners and not wicked? Wicked are not human. Human beings can not be wicked, but evil spirits are. The ungodly are those who are in most need of God's mercy. The sinners are the rest of us, but that's not who we are, but what people do. It's better to say, children of God who sin. Not "sinners". If people start thinking of ourselves as sinners and not saints who sin, it's a negative image. This is paraphrase from Dr. Neil Anderson's Freedom in Christ ministries. I'll try to get the exact quote, but it takes time. It helped me.

This is a lighter note, but it's the same idea from a cartoon - a dog is in prison and marking off days on the cement wall and he says, "If you keep hearing 'bad dog', long enough, you begin to believe it."
He's not really a bad dog after all, but he began to believe it. I should find it and give the author credit.