More important to pronounce the Name of the Creator or the names of Demons?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

More important to pronounce the Name of the Creator or the names of Demons?

  • It is more important to know how to pronounce the name of demons

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    12
Malakyah 3:16, "Then those who reverenced Yahweh spoke often one to another, and Yahweh paid attention and heard them; and a Book of Remembrance was written in His presence of those who gave reverence to Yahweh, and who thought upon His Name."
 
Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord (shoulder to shoulder)."

I just scanned through this thread - the above translation is highly debatable

Zep 3:9 (NIV) “Then I will purify the lips (saphah) of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

(Isa 6:5 KJV) Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips (saphah), and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips (saphah) for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

"purify the lips" makes much more sense.


lips_zps6adf392e.png

​

I can see why you would want to have it as "language".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just scanned through this thread - the above translation is highly debatable

Zep 3:9 (NIV) “Then I will purify the lips (saphah) of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

(Isa 6:5 KJV) Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips (saphah), and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips (saphah) for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

"purify the lips" makes much more sense.

I can see why you would want to have it as "language".

You are right lips are a more accurate translation, but many do have it "Language" including the KVJ, "King James Bible
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent."

I had never looked at the hebrew in the verse before thank you.

However I do want to say, is the verses not talking about language/speech/what people say? Or is it talking about putting soap or cleaning the lips in a physical manner?

The verses is clearly about correcting speech and all calling on the name of the Most High, Yahweh. And I assume not using pagan infused language any longer. If you have another interpretation, Im open to hear it.

Psalm 105:1, "Give thanks to Yahweh! Call upon His Name! Make known what He has done among the nations!"

"call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord"
 
I think if you consider context then the prophet is speaking of "pure lips" or a "pure tongue" as he goes on to say a little later:

(Zep 3:13 KJV) The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
 
I think if you consider context then the prophet is speaking of "pure lips" or a "pure tongue" as he goes on to say a little later:

(Zep 3:13 KJV) The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

When one of the big issues is the removal of the Name of Yahweh by pharisees:

Yeremyah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds plan and scheme, to cause My people to forget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal."

And the verse says "call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord" I do think His name is an issue, however like you displayed it is not limited to this.

I personally see this removal of the Name, (in opposition to the 3rd Commandment) as a microcosom of the bigger issues. The removal of the name is a a telling sign, the pharisees would not speak His name nor walk in His ways. It is kind of the first step to starting a other religion, which the pharisees did. And their religion justified cheating, lying, and stealing, literally.

What do you think about the many Scriptures that talk about the removal of the Name of Yahweh, not considering the current verses in debate but rather the many from the 1st post?
 
Zephanyah 3:7-18, "I said: O that you would reverence Me, that you would accept correction! Then destruction would not come on her dwelling, nor all My punishments decreed for her. But all the more they are eager to corrupt all their doings, from early morn. Therefore, wait for Me, says Yahweh: until the day that I rise up to judge; for My judicial decision is to gather the nations and to assemble the kingdoms, to pour out upon them My indignation--all My fierce anger. For all the earth will be consumed in the fire of My jealousy. Yes, at that timeThen I will purify the lips :) of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of "the LORD" YAHWEH and serve him shoulder to shoulder.. From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, My worshipers, the daughter of My dispersed, will bring offerings to Me. In that day you will not be ashamed for all your doings, by which you have transgressed against Me, for then I will remove from the midst of you those who rejoice in your pride, and you will no longer be haughty because of My holy mountain. I will also leave in the midst of you an afflicted and poor; humble and lowly, people, and they will trust in the Name of Yahweh. The remnant of Israyl will not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither will a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth. For they will feed and lie down, and none will make them afraid. Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout for joy, O Israyl! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Yerusalem! Yahweh has taken away the judgments against you; He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israyl, Yahweh, is in the midst of you; you will no longer have to fear evil. In that day it will be said to Yerusalem: Fear not, O Zion! Do not let your hands slacken; grow weak. Father Yahweh, Who is in the midst of you, is mighty, He will save! He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will renew you in His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. I will gather you who mourn for the appointed Feasts, those of you to whom the reproach of it was a burden."
 
Last edited: