more thoughts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowwolg
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shadowwolg

Guest
Wow I know I have been in a downside mentality but for the second week in a row...I have left counseling more depressed then when I got there...if I had the answers I wouldn't need to be there....grrrrrrr.........I want to b done with this battle...I want to like myself......find myself worthy...enough to fight for purity.....Ok....enough.....for now..
 
When starting counseling it's not meant to make you feel better right away. In fact it can take a while and may often feel worse. Because, if the counselor is any good, they will be pushing you to face things you don't want and own up to things you've denied. Once those things are out and owned is when you begin to heal. Work through the things you deny. So don't be discouraged by feeling worse. Just recognize it as part of the process and a good thing at this point.
 
it makes me wonder if you attend a true bible believing church, full of the Holy SPIRIT, to the point that healing services are the NORM. GOD can indeed heal and deliver people from themselves...low self esteem is NOT a biblical term or desire. IT makes a stumbling block for those who really want to "GO YE INTO ALL THE WORLD...." We are heirs and joint heirs with JESUS CHRIST, Himself! that is worthy to be excited over...but if we slump and say..Oh, I am just SO unworthy..the old devil is laughing and being sucessful...where is the JOY of your salvation? how effective can we be used mightily of GOD if we fear our own emotions and hold back because of lack of faith? can HE not deliver you, heal your body and mind? the BIBLE says BE YE transformed by the renewing of your mind!!! this is more than a spiritual battle here...believe in your prayers that GOD has heard you and will answer you..move out in faith, grow in grace and love of the LORD...while I pray with you about this.
 
Ugly i appreciate ur advice....i have though been in counseling for 2 1/2 yrs....i would like to be done....i feel i have worked hard to get better...just discouraged bc well...just bc...thanks for ur input....aomething to think on
 
Pw...i do attend a Bible believing church and not to sound rude.... .but you make it sound so easy...i have worked hard at thinking positive, believing in God, trusting He will take care of me.....but I struggle ......yes i can say in the morning...God loves me and will take care of me..then i have to fight with the car door bc its frozen shut....then when i get to work...i have to park...further away bc of a large vehical....i go about. My day..trying not to complain...accepting that its just stuff...then i hear people complain....some about me......bc.they dont think i did my job wrong...then by the time i go home...there is no one there to encourage me.....then i get discouraged...yes i male contacts...yea i am trying to reach out and ask for help....somedays its just hard to not listen to the negative voices that replay in my head...that say over and over again...see...you cant do anything right....why bother...and yes I know I am not alone.God is always with me....i can and should take all my cares to Him.....somedays...the voices are louder.then the words I read in the Bible and well...i better stop bc well...i wantwd to explain but i think i vented more then explain....