Mormonism's Impossible gospel - Keith Walker

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
The question is, "Do you do good works in order to get saved, or do you do works because you already are saved?"
The answer should be obvious as the glory goes to God and not to self.
So what, u couldn't answer my simple question... Geez...
I'll still answer yours. My answer is I'm not 100% sure...

A conversation is a two-way street so I would appreciate you answering my question now
Will one be cast into the lake of fire cos he thinks he did good works in order to be saved, despite believing in Christ?
Its a simple yes or no question

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Will one be cast into the lake of fire cos he thinks he did good works in order to be saved, despite believing in Christ?
Its a simple yes or no question
Sorry, I must have missed the question :(

It's 'yes' he will be cast into the LOF if he has not truly embraced Jesus as his only hope and salvation regardless of his works.

and

'No' he will not be cast into the LOF if he has truly embraced Jesus as his only hope and salvation regardless of his works.

Romans 3:28 (KJV) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Sorry, I must have missed the question :(

It's 'yes' he will be cast into the LOF if he has not truly embraced Jesus as his only hope and salvation regardless of his works.

and

'No' he will not be cast into the LOF if he has truly embraced Jesus as his only hope and salvation regardless of his works.

Romans 3:28 (KJV) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
So a person can live a life of unrepentant sin and still be saved then...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
So a person can live a life of unrepentant sin and still be saved then...
I never said that.

Sorry but your binary (on/off-black/white) theology doesn't work with me.
ex. "Tell me, 'yes or no'!" LOL

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I never said that.

Sorry but your binary (on/off-black/white) theology doesn't work with me.
ex. "Tell me, 'yes or no'!" LOL
No I didn't say that u said that, its the conclusion that I drew. Should of actually put a question mark after it.

And my binary question did work cos I got a definite answer from you.
All you did was rephrased it to used yes and no... LoL... Yes if he has, no if he hasn't

But anyway, let me ask you then... Can a person live a life of unrepentant sin and still be saved then?
Someone may think "well I'm saved, its all good" and just be a criminal, no?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But anyway, let me ask you then... Can a person live a life of unrepentant sin and still be saved then?
Someone may think "well I'm saved, its all good" and just be a criminal, no?
Such a question leads me to wonder if you know what the new birth is.

Not only will a regenerate not want to live in unrepentant sin BUT God will not let him. His life will be miserable until he does repent or God (as a last resort) will take him home.

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(Heb 12:5-8)

Have you been born again?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
That's the difference. I admit I could be wrong. You're certain that your right.
So you are unsure of the Way of Salvation..

And you attack someone who is assured of the Way of salvation..

And yet you put yourself forward to people on this forum as someone who teaches others in the Way of Christianity.... :oops:

I hope this is sinking into the minds of those who are seeking Christianity or seeking to grow in the faith...

No one should be following a person who does not know what the Way of salvation is..

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The Mormon gospel: From 2 Nephi 25:23 in the Book of Mormon - "For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.”

In other words, do all you can or else the Lord will not be able to save you, which is salvation by works.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The Mormon gospel: From 2 Nephi 25:23 in the Book of Mormon - "For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.”

In other words, do all you can or else the Lord will not be able to save you, which is salvation by works.
I think it was Walter Martin that said 'Mormons use the same words (like 'grace') but have a different dictionary.

Also in that quote, notice that he is calling 'brethren' those who have not yet believed in Christ to believe in Christ.
I don't believe Jesus or the apostles ever called the unbelievers 'brethren'.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Such a question leads me to wonder if you know what the new birth is.
I know the views of both Catholic and Protestant. And I find some people in both that don't appear to be with the Holy Spirit.

Have you been born again?
From a Catholic perspective, yes
From a Protestant perspective yes

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
And you attack someone
I attacked someone... Where?

you put yourself forward to people on this forum as someone who teaches others
Im trying to teach others... Where?

Please show me what your referring to because I never claimed to be infallible nor did I mean to attack anyone... All I did was question... Are you ok with questions???

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I know the views of both Catholic and Protestant. And I find some people in both that don't appear to be with the Holy Spirit.

From a Catholic perspective, yes
From a Protestant perspective yes
Your 'religious categories' (Protestant /Catholic) still makes me wonder. But oh well that is between you and God.