Mortal Instruments City of Bones Movie twists Bible to promote the occult

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Groovy_Dan

Aug 26, 2013
So where does Fiction and the Knowledge of the Truth come in to all of this.

We are free by will - saved by Gods Grace.

Surely we can read or watch something purely for entertainment?

God after all wants us to Live....not constantly question weather or not we should do something.

So long as the Spirit lives within your heart and Jesus resides in you as Savior - rebuking all Evil in the name of Jesus. What can go wrong?

Are we saying the Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe is occult being a story of myth and fiction?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012

ThriftShopPop

Feb 23, 2013
I dont know what to think about this. Thanks for posting...very interesting to say the least.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
yet another nutjob site with an article that will prove good for a few laughs and nothing else.
I wouldn't say that, actually....usually, I'd agree. But this....I don't think this person took it too terribly far. Especially this picture:

The girl in the front row with the blondish hair...on her hand is an eye. And that IS an occult symbol. It's a variation of the all-seeing eye. Now I'm probably the one that sounds like a nut job. But it's true. I've seen different forms and variations of it, and that one relates fairly closely.

I would be careful about this movie. As interesting as it may sound, I don't know if it'd be spiritually healthy to watch.

I'd say use LOTS of discernment before watching, everyone. That goes for just about any movie.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
on the other hand its a movie and clearly fictional. If someone has issues with separating fantasy from reality then i agree they probably shouldnt watch it. But for the average person it is just a film.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
And you having been a teenager before...you'd know teens are very influential. But anyways...to most, it's just a film. But there's also other underlying themes that you don't want to be near to in any way shape or form.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Having spent more than a decade in witchcraft, those symbols on the kids hands are real. Every last one of them. And the magic in the movie is over the top and all that, but magic is real. The Occult is VERY real. I've done and seen things that most Christians don't even believe in.

Trust me.

Oct 31, 2011
Have you talked to a man who has worked as an exorcist? Have you read the news to see how the world is going? Talked to a policeman who is knowledgeable about signs of witchcraft at crime scenes? Have you met a person who says they are a warlock? Read the bible about what happens in the last days?

We are the remnant. We are to stand fast, be aware, and work for the Lord.

F

flight316

Lil christian, who are those girls in the picture and what are they doing?

F

flight316

Can you share your experiance either here or by pm. I would appreciate it . Thanks
Having spent more than a decade in witchcraft, those symbols on the kids hands are real. Every last one of them. And the magic in the movie is over the top and all that, but magic is real. The Occult is VERY real. I've done and seen things that most Christians don't even believe in.

Trust me.

F

flight316

I saw the movie. I didn't read a whole lot into it. But I can see where it might have some effects on the youth.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
[h=3]Psalm 101:3[/h]King James Version (KJV)

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Lil christian, who are those girls in the picture and what are they doing?
they are at a book signing and dressed like characters from the book...devilish i know... lol

Jul 25, 2005
What I find fascinating is the fact that you do not see too many boys showing interest in these occult series. With the probable exception of Harry Potter, this appears to be a girl's thing.

Which begs the question- why?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
What I find fascinating is the fact that you do not see too many boys showing interest in these occult series. With the probable exception of Harry Potter, this appears to be a girl's thing.

Very interesting point.

Anyone have comments on that?

Better yet, anyone have statistics on that?
Wonder if the observation is also statistically accurate,
and if so, what other things does it seem to correlate to?

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
For the most part, I have found females mostly engaged in witchcraft. In order to make things work, you need to have the ability to manipulate your emotions. Now, it's not that males don't have the ability, but it's more difficult for them. I have come across males in the various circles I was involved in, but females outnumbered them probably about 5:1. At least that's the way it is in my area.

In regards to other Black Arts, men outnumber women by quite a lot.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012

mainly because outside of harry potter a lot of these are building off of twilight's success which was more a love story aimed at young adults. From what Ive seen a lot of that is true with this as well. Girls are also reporterd to be more likely readers than boys so it makes sense to target that audience.

Jul 25, 2005
mainly because outside of harry potter a lot of these are building off of twilight's success which was more a love story aimed at young adults. From what Ive seen a lot of that is true with this as well. Girls are also reporterd to be more likely readers than boys so it makes sense to target that audience.
I don't often gun for the bare-bones assessment, but this makes sense. I still suspect there is more to the story though. They are drawn to these tales by something more than romance.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
i mean darker things are just interesting as well. Look at the initial success of shows like Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, True Blood, UNderworld, movies, Blade, The Evil Dead. Currently america has a little love affair with the horror genre.