MOSES ON MOUNT SINAI

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
http://www.luke810.com/mosinai.htm

So Moses climbed Mount Sinai eight, or possibly nine, times. The real lesson for us in this story is to not just read over something that we think we are familiar with. When we do, we miss a lot of detail. I have focused on the ascents up the mountain, but there are many, many pictures and prophecies in this text. Praise the Lord for His Word!

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
The link author . . . beware!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The website is the creation of Ronald Taylor. I am solely responsible for its content.
I am an elder of the Church. I am an accountant by profession, but have discovered the wonders of God's Word and hope to share these with you.
I teach a Sunday morning Bible School class and email weekly lessons to most of the continents on this earth.
I believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God. I accept the words of the Bible as being literal and having literal meaning. I do not believe the Church has replaced Israel. I look forward to the soon return of our Lord Jesus. Based upon scripture and natural predilection, I look forward to the Lord gathering us to him before His great and righteous wrath.

This is from the Church of Christ, a cult which believes that a person is saved not by trusting in Jesus Christ but by being baptized in water. They replace the Blood of Christ with powerless water. They are not a Christian church . . . they are an unbiblical cult.

Dec 28, 2016

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The website is the creation of Ronald Taylor. I am solely responsible for its content.
I am an elder of the Church. I am an accountant by profession, but have discovered the wonders of God's Word and hope to share these with you.
I teach a Sunday morning Bible School class and email weekly lessons to most of the continents on this earth.
I believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God. I accept the words of the Bible as being literal and having literal meaning. I do not believe the Church has replaced Israel. I look forward to the soon return of our Lord Jesus. Based upon scripture and natural predilection, I look forward to the Lord gathering us to him before His great and righteous wrath.

This is from the Church of Christ, a cult which believes that a person is saved not by trusting in Jesus Christ but by being baptized in water. They replace the Blood of Christ with powerless water. They are not a Christian church . . . they are an unbiblical cult.
Looks to me he preaches the same free will choose yourself into heaven gospel you preach. Calm down, he's one of you.

http://www.luke810.com/saved.htm

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

The Church of Christ is not a cult. I disagree with them in several areas, but they are Christian through and through.

Quantrill

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I'm afraid they trust in the water of baptism . . . not the blood. Do you have a link to a sermon where a man is saved by simple faith in Jesus Christ (like the thief on the cross?)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So Moses climbed Mount Sinai eight, or possibly nine, times
Actually it was seven times that Moses went up to meet God on Mount Sinai. There is some redundancy, which needs to be taken into account.

And since this thread is not about the theology of the CoC, letès stick with the subject.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
I'm afraid they trust in the water of baptism . . . not the blood. Do you have a link to a sermon where a man is saved by simple faith in Jesus Christ (like the thief on the cross?)
They trust in baptism and repentence as they interpret from (Acts 2:38). I disagree with them on this point as it is directed to the nation of Israel after they crucified Jesus Christ.

But, Peter's message to the Israelites was 'repent and be baptized'. Though the blood of Christ was certainly involved, he didn't mention it. Read (Acts 2:22-47). In this message there is no mention of blood.

No, they are Christian. They put a legal weight upon their people that is hard to bear. And though many will doubt their salvation in this life, all those who have come to Christ by faith will be there.

Quantrill

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I'm afraid they trust in the water of baptism . . . not the blood.
They believe in both the atoning work of Christ + water baptism for salvation.

"5. We believe that through the atonement of Christ all men may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel; viz. : Faith in God and in the Lord Jesus Christ; Repentance and Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins..."

http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/basicBeliefs.html

However, in Scripture believer's baptism FOLLOWS salvation by grace through faith. See Acts 2 and other Scriptures.

Acts 2:38 gives the impression that baptism is for the remission of sins, but the true doctrine is that repentance results in the remission of sins (Acts 3:19):

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord...

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
They believe in both the atoning work of Christ + water baptism for salvation.

"5. We believe that through the atonement of Christ all men may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel; viz. : Faith in God and in the Lord Jesus Christ; Repentance and Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins..."

http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/basicBeliefs.html

However, in Scripture believer's baptism FOLLOWS salvation by grace through faith. See Acts 2 and other Scriptures.

Acts 2:38 gives the impression that baptism is for the remission of sins, but the true doctrine is that repentance results in the remission of sins (Acts 3:19):

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord...
"However, in Scripture believer's baptism FOLLOWS salvation by grace through faith. See Acts 2 and other Scriptures"

Absolutely correct. Baptism is an outward sign of an already completed work. The ritual itself has no salvific quality whatsoever.

Dec 28, 2016
"However, in Scripture believer's baptism FOLLOWS salvation by grace through faith. See Acts 2 and other Scriptures"

Absolutely correct. Baptism is an outward sign of an already completed work. The ritual itself has no salvific quality whatsoever.
@baptistbiblebeliever, you owe this guy an apology for your knee jerk false accusations of him being CoC. Nothing in what you pasted on here showed any hint of him being what you accused.

I see you led another on your tirade. Blind leading the blind...

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

I must say that you are the first Church of Christ member that has ever said anything like that. Do you believe that the gospel was restored in the 1800's? What happens if the person desiring to be saved is baptized by a non-Church of Christ preacher? What if a person received Jesus Christ and refuses to be baptized in water?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Works are always....always a result of faith. Any works NOT a result of faith are of course irrelevant and do nothing for the Glory of God.
Not in this context . . . "They believe in both the atoning work of Christ + water baptism for salvation, which is the post that I was referring to.

This would be in keeping with your thought . . .

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Works follow salvation -- ALWAYS.

No baptism mentioned in this passage . . .

Mar 28, 2016
What do you mean saved by the water and not the blood.? Both water and blood are equally used as metaphors in parables that speak of the unseen work of Spirit of God?