Most Christians are ignorant of Gods word concerning diet and lifestyle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Does going keto for a couple of months increase insulin sensitivity, reversing T2 D?
Definitely can help. But it's not a good long term diet. Still, I have advised people to use it in certain situations as a way to kick start their new diet/lifestyle program.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Thank you so much Joseph , I really appreciate this...
SO I should write down daily what I eat today , and how much I slept , and send it to you starting tomorrow ? , do I do this daily , or just send you my weekly notes at the end of the week ? Just want to make sure I know exactly what I am to do , and praise God for you helping me , I need biblical advice , I am overwhelmed , thank you once again...xox...
Send it to me daily. That way if I have any questions or need a clarification about about something I may not understand I can ask in real time.

Nov 26, 2012
I have heard this but not acted on it...Apparently , keto brings your insulin levels back down to normal...xox...
Keto utilizes a different energy system so yes it basically resets your glucose/insulin relationship.

Something that may be as, if not more important than your eat sleep cycle is your washroom cycle. Although nobody wants to discuss personal info like this, but how often you move your bowels and the colour, consistency and odour speaks volumes about what is happening inside your digestive track. Just because it enters your mouth, doesn’t mean it enters your cells. My eating habits maximize digestion ensuring the nutrients get absorbed.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Keto utilizes a different energy system so yes it basically resets your glucose/insulin relationship.

Something that may be as, if not more important than your eat sleep cycle is your washroom cycle. Although nobody wants to discuss personal info like this, but how often you move your bowels and the colour, consistency and odour speaks volumes about what is happening inside your digestive track. Just because it enters your mouth, doesn’t mean it enters your cells. My eating habits maximize digestion ensuring the nutrients get absorbed.
Loving the info , so thank you...

All what you mentioned are fine...I am regular each day , and also bath each night , not because of any other reasons then it is a habit of mine from a young women...I am really looking forward to getting help from Joseph , and like I said , your info is very refreshing to...

I have been searching help for nearly five years , it has been a massive struggle , so many diff opinions , I ended up with going with what I could basically understand , unfortunately the docs have put me on another med to go with the Metformin I take , I know there are four meds they give you , if after the four do not work , they put you on insulin , I do not want to go there , I feel like it is just to much...

Even eating to the best of my knowledge has has helped a little bit , but I have got over the pity party that I used to have a lot , now I need some action lol...xox...

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015

For sure. But your eating habits is the primary influence of your elimination system. Sounds like you understand the changes the body has to go through to process food. Just curious, do you take digestive enzymes?

Nov 26, 2012
For sure. But your eating habits is the primary influence of your elimination system. Sounds like you understand the changes the body has to go through to process food. Just curious, do you take digestive enzymes?
I don’t think I need them. I usually eat strategically when able

Nov 26, 2012
I don’t think I need them. I usually eat strategically when able
This is my concept of eating strategically;
If I’m not trying to lose fat or gain muscle I will eat my first food around 10 am. Always a couple pieces of fruit. If gaining muscle I will eat fruit first thing, before workout. Loosing fat, skip the fruit and eat at noon. Lunch will always be single type of protein like chicken, or eggs or cottage cheese or protein shake. Good size portion. Two hrs later I might have a snack with nuts or seeds. Dinner will be around 6. Smaller portion of meat with lots of vegetables. Fruit an hour before bed.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Sounds like your have relatively good dietary habits. Way better then most. I would not reccomend eating fruit past around 6pm...but i wish i could get even a third of my clients to eat as well as you.
The sad truth is, and nutritionists know this, only about 15%, 20% of clients permamently alter their diets, and ,ifestyle.

Feb 28, 2016
hub and I will just add for conformation to Joseph and his profound knowledge =
hub has not been to a 'doctor' any sickness, since the 70's, and he IS '70'...
and,
there are several very good reasons for this most astounding fact!!!
#1=he realized how abused he was from experiencing the after-effects of being
overly prescribed 'drugs' for a debilitating manifestation of an illness in his 20's -
#2=he was an exception to the 'worldly-rule' by (rejecting what pharmakia) was demanding him to do -
#3=he was led to pursue 'natural-God-given-remedies, in order to experience true, natural, healing' -
#4=he really DID do THIS -
#5=he has NOT been to a doctor since the 70's, FOR ANY SICKNESS, and, he IS '70yrs. old'...
AMEN...

Nov 26, 2012
Sounds like your have relatively good dietary habits. Way better then most. I would not reccomend eating fruit past around 6pm...but i wish i could get even a third of my clients to eat as well as you.
The sad truth is, and nutritionists know this, only about 15%, 20% of clients permamently alter their diets, and ,ifestyle.
The fruit before bed is to unsure a slow releasing carb to feed the brain all night, preventing premature waking. Fruit leaves the stomach quick so you won’t go to bed feeling full.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The fruit before bed is to unsure a slow releasing carb to feed the brain all night, preventing premature waking. Fruit leaves the stomach quick so you won’t go to bed feeling full.
You dont need it for that. It's to much gas later in the day.

Nov 26, 2012
You dont need it for that. It's to much gas later in the day.
Really? I found it works good for me. I find when I fast later in the day I wake up earlier. I thought this had to do with the alertness brought about by glycogenolysis, signalling the body it was time to feed. Sometimes even eating things like hummus and vegetables later in the day (good source of tryptophan) assists in melatonin production. Or.....maybe it’s all just psychosomatic. Regardless, I find sleep finds me quickly.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The circadian rhythm is setting the body up for sleep in the early evening hours. By spiking the body with sugar, even a slow releasing one, your going counter to that rhythm. Also due to that, and other reasons, those gases that we discussed earlier tend to linger longer in the body later on in the day. Probably the best thing to eat for dinner is veggies with maybe a small amount of vegan protein, and at least 3 hours before bedtime.
Lunch should be the biggest meal of the day, again, because of our bodies circadian rhythms. Looks like it is for you.
I may be nitpicking here, as if you are having that fruit at least 2 hours before bed, (3 is better) and you are not mixing sour fruits with sweet fruits or melons, it's not the worst thing.

Jun 16, 2019
God wants you to eat healthy and nutritious food; not processed crap that does more harm than good to your body. Why do you think people are born with severe deformities? This is due to very poor diets, often loaded with chemicals, absolutely against what God recommends.

May 8, 2019
I care .
I have been type 2 on Metformin since 2014 , and I have changed my diet so much...

I eat low carb , healthy carbs , and have lost 3 stones , yet I still struggle...

My blood sugars were on key 3 months ago , but to be honest , I am so tired of this diabetes ...

I have cried tears and more tears from frustration with my sugar levels , I got to a point where I barely ate for fear of high sugar increase...All my test come back fine , my pancreas is healthy , I thought it was the pancreas that was sick , hence diabetes , am not ignorant , just in need of being fed knowledge that makes sense lol , I am enjoying reading your post , even if I do not understand all you are saying , it is still interesting...xox...
God bless you Rosemaryx 🙏🏽❤️

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, and from here as well, Bless you !

G

Godsgirl83

Forgive me if this has been answered already. I'm going through reading this thread from the beginning now, but I have seen this mentioned earlier as well (about mixing sweet fruits and citrus fruits)

and you are not mixing sour fruits with sweet fruits .
What does that do? Why are you advising against that? I've come across many fruit salad recipes that do mix sweet fruits and citrus fruits, so I'm curious why it's advised not to>
Thanks

G

Godsgirl83

Do not mix starch and animal protein in the same meal.
why?

your spiritual sensitivity and mental alertness will increase.
I can honestly say that when I started trying to detox a few months back that during those 3 short weeks, yes my spiritual sensitivity was at an all time high. I don't remember why I stopped the detox I was on.... oh I know ! It was a special event, I had a very sugary "SWEET tea" (or more like 3) and my body crashed started craving junk again STRONGLY. Guess I wasn't ready to take the occasional indulgent at that time. But I do know ALL of me has been a mess since then.

G

Godsgirl83

What is your profession?
Joseph: You ARE the answer to many CC members prayers! Thank you for taking the time to read and type out all the information you share!
You see, what started here with you talking with Rosemary and inspiring her......
now on her thread "daily juices" she shares with so many of us and inspires me...….
which led me back here and now you inspire/encourage me as well...….

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
why?

I can honestly say that when I started trying to detox a few months back that during those 3 short weeks, yes my spiritual sensitivity was at an all time high. I don't remember why I stopped the detox I was on.... oh I know ! It was a special event, I had a very sugary "SWEET tea" (or more like 3) and my body crashed started craving junk again STRONGLY. Guess I wasn't ready to take the occasional indulgent at that time. But I do know ALL of me has been a mess since then.
Because it makes digestion harder, uses more energy, leads to fermentation and purification and advanced glycation.